2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He will be injured 3 games into the season.
the league television GIF by hero0fwar

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yes because it's such an unbearable degree of suffering to have to live on 200 million dollars salary instead of 400 million that it can't be done without a supermodel sugarmama.

Not sure why you're being retarded with "unbearable degree of suffering" and "can't be done" or where you're getting either of those numbers as a "salary", but for a profession with a short shelf life that can end at any time you're a fool if you willingly give up half of what might be all you make in your entire lifetime so a football team can win some more games.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Also hard to be Brady-like without a wife pulling in more than a top NFL QB.

Is it? Are you really saying that making a little less than 40 million a year for todays crop would break them? Did you think this through?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not sure why you're being retarded with "unbearable degree of suffering" and "can't be done" or where you're getting either of those numbers as a "salary", but for a profession with a short shelf life that can end at any time you're a fool if you willingly give up half of what might be all you make in your entire lifetime so a football team can win some more games.

Yeah I love when regular people act all self righteous when it comes to player contracts. You have maybe a few years to make as much money as you can to set you up for the rest of your life.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I love when regular people act all self righteous when it comes to player contracts. You have maybe a few years to make as much money as you can to set you up for the rest of your life.

That's just a bullshit retarded take. Not surprised you endorse it at all. Just a few years isn't at all what the average top QB plays and acting like a 10 year 477 MILLION dollar contract doesn't go far beyond what's needed to be set for life is so far beyond a Zombiehawk take.

Brady set the team up for success with a knowledgeable take on salary cap reqs in the NFL. No one has to follow his example, but he set one. A pretty easy one to follow if the QB thinks they are talented enough to win it all multiple times. Mahomes may be the only QB out there talented enough not to need too much help but we'll see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The reality with every new QB contract being a record breaking one shows that it is not. Keep on denying reality.

No, that's called scarcity, and can be described in Commodity Theory, dummy. Tell me again where they have a few years to barely scrape by for the rest of their lives. Go ahead. I'm dying to hear your big brain take.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's such a poor person take. I'd rather have 400M than 250M. You're not struggling to get by in either scenario, but it's a lot easier to be top tier ball out in all aspects of your life until the day you die for sacrificing your body and maybe killing yourself by the age of 52 due to CTE.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It amazes me how sports is the only industry where the employees are vilified for taking as much money as they can. No one working construction or IT or finance is going to take less than what ever they can get from their employer. Any argument that can be made against a top tier QB taking less money "for the team" can be made for any top tier accountant or lawyer taking less money "for the company." And in both cases, they are stupid arguments.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It amazes me how sports is the only industry where the employees are vilified for taking as much money as they can. No one working construction or IT or finance is going to take less than what ever they can get from their employer. Any argument that can be made against a top tier QB taking less money "for the team" can be made for any top tier accountant or lawyer taking less money "for the company." And in both cases, they are stupid arguments.

Some company man you are!

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For some people legacy is more important then money. Both options have their merit and are totally valid.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I’m perfectly fine let Burrow take as much as he wants lol

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it? Are you really saying that making a little less than 40 million a year for todays crop would break them? Did you think this through?

Again, making shit up about it "breaking them"

I'm sure where you work you take only what you need to pay your bills and give everything else back because you're not a hypocrite and the business thriving as much as possible is lot more important to you than your family's security.

• 1Picard

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Again, making shit up about it "breaking them"

I'm sure where you work you take only what you need to pay your bills and give everything else back because you're not a hypocrite and the business thriving as much as possible is lot more important to you than your family's security.

That's not the argument and it never was. They can take whatever they can get but Brady made sure the team had options for weapons to win the crown. It has nothing to do with the company or anything else but winning the SB. You can redirect all you want but that's the argument you couldn't understand. Probably still can't.

The argument by Alex specifically is about other positions which is a retarded redirect. Alex Alex , show me the QBs who are dying from CTE at 52. I'll wait. For RBs, and other positions where a dude isn't playing until 40, sure. Where the face of the team doesn't have a lot of options after football...sure. That's not QB though. We're talking QBs. Get your ESPN hot takes in order.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's not the argument and it never was. They can take whatever they can get but Brady made sure the team had options for weapons to win the crown. It has nothing to do with the company or anything else but winning the SB. You can redirect all you want but that's the argument you couldn't understand. Probably still can't.

Bullshit it's not the argument and I'm starting to think you might be actually retarded. How is taking less money so their team can be successful any different than any other employee sacrificing their personal shit for the company they work for?

You really do come off as a hardcore liberal with your idea that since they're rich they owe you shit

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users