Ohhh my god can football just start already

51- Lions
3- Chiefs

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's not the argument and it never was. They can take whatever they can get but Brady made sure the team had options for weapons to win the crown. It has nothing to do with the company or anything else but winning the SB. You can redirect all you want but that's the argument you couldn't understand. Probably still can't.

The argument by Alex specifically is about other positions which is a retarded redirect. Alex Alex , show me the QBs who are dying from CTE at 52. I'll wait. For RBs, and other positions where a dude isn't playing until 40, sure. Where the face of the team doesn't have a lot of options after football...sure. That's not QB though. We're talking QBs. Get your ESPN hot takes in order.

You're right. No QB has ever faced an injury that's put their career in jeopardy and they all play until 40.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Bullshit it's not the argument and I'm starting to think you might be actually retarded. How is taking less money so their team can be successful any different than any other employee sacrificing their personal shit for the company they work for?

You really do come off as a hardcore liberal with your idea that since they're rich they owe you shit

Show me any other job where winning the SB is the endgame? I'm not surprised you aren't intelligent enough to understand the salary cap but the money is spent on other players. He's not giving it back to ownership, he's creating space for another elite player. There are other avenues to do this, and I could go into deeper detail if you think you can get there. I'm not sure you can.

They don't owe me anything, that was never mentioned. Talk about interjecting something that was never there. I already said they could do as they please, but Brady showed why he won 6. Do I need to say it in ebonics for you? Send you some links? Let me help you figure out this tough sport.

Alex Alex , are we talking about the top QBs or not? How many play until 35+ now? Brady- 44, Brees-42, Rivers-39, Big Ben-39, Favre-41, Flutie, etc, etc. Of course, injury is part of the game, but it's particularly set to keep the faces of the franchises standing. Not so much anyone else. Or at least argue the running QBs where your argument is pertinent. Where injury is more likely, and they don't last as long. Damn....

Last edited:
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Show me any other job where winning the SB is the endgame? I'm not surprised you aren't intelligent enough to understand the salary cap but the money is spent on other players. He's not giving it back to ownership, he's creating space for another elite player. There are other avenues to do this, and I could go into deeper detail if you think you can get there. I'm not sure you can.

I really think something's wrong with your brain. Businesses only have so much money whether it's because of profit margins or salary caps, none of that changes how math works. The less a company pays an employee, the more money they can spend elsewhere. What part of this is too difficult for you?

You also thinking a player's endgame is a super bowl over providing for their family is one of the most retarded takes I've ever heard. It's the "team's" goal, but that same team has no loyalty to the player and would cut them the second it's in their best interest, so why should the player sacrifice what's best for them and their family for the team?

You really do sound like someone who believes all the idiotic sports cliches you hear ESPN talking heads spouting constantly

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
That's just a bullshit retarded take. Not surprised you endorse it at all. Just a few years isn't at all what the average top QB plays and acting like a 10 year 477 MILLION dollar contract doesn't go far beyond what's needed to be set for life is so far beyond a Zombiehawk take.

Brady set the team up for success with a knowledgeable take on salary cap reqs in the NFL. No one has to follow his example, but he set one. A pretty easy one to follow if the QB thinks they are talented enough to win it all multiple times. Mahomes may be the only QB out there talented enough not to need too much help but we'll see.
I take offense to the usage of zombiehawk take, my takes are brilliant 99.99% of the time.

Anyways in this case i'm with you all, it's stupid to say someone can't be "set for life" if they give up a couple million of their hundreds of millions. I don't blame players for going for maximum money but saying "lol you can't get by in life if you don't get the biggest contract ever when you're up unless you're married to someone else who makes hundreds of millions" is full retard. It's also kind of funny how many athletes try to act like they love the game and competition and winning/being the best so much while their actions say they just love money and maybe attention.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It would be interesting to see an alternate universe where Brady just bargained hard for the most money he could get and if it would have cost him any superbowls and if that would have resulted in his long-term total income going up or down. I'm sure besides the salary each SB win contributes to the fee he gets for endorsements and probably was a factor in his giant deal with Fox Sports. Maybe he's just as greedy as everyone else, he was just playing the long game. In any case, I think he got paid quite well during his playing days and didn't start taking less until he was already set for life.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd rather have 400M than 250M.

So would everyone else but I wonder if you could actually tell the difference. $250M invested at 5% will net you over a million a month just in interest. That means you're spending like $35K a day without touching the principle or even having any risky investments. Unless you are hot to get into a contest with Jeff Bezos for who has the most ridiculous super yacht it's hard to imagine what you would do with more than that to actually improve your life.

• 2Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
1694065123457.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can not fucking wait to hate watch the Jets. I want them to suck harder than they have post Rex Ryan. Closet homos should not be allowed to play in a QB position.

• 2Worf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I can not fucking wait to hate watch the Jets. I want them to suck harder than they have post Rex Ryan. Closet homos should not be allowed to play in a QB position.

I'm actually taking the night of the Chargers-Jets MNF game off so a friend and I can drink ourselves to death while we watch both teams compete to see who can lose in the most embarrassing fashion.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm actually taking the night of the Chargers-Jets MNF game off so a friend and I can drink ourselves to death while we watch both teams compete to see who can lose in the most embarrassing fashion.

Not going to lie, I hope they find a spectacular way this week.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk , I was going to use someone else but since you were gone so long, just letting you know we're glad you're back.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

So.... a normal sunday for you?

• 2Truth!
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Los Angeles Densi GIF by CBS

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy

I'm going to the Bucs/Eagles game on the 25th (MNF). I expect a solid ass pounding.

• 1Like