2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The YAC argument against Purdy is so silly since all of the metrics this year showed he actually pushed the ball down the field quite a bit.

He was #1 in air yards per attempt, and #2 in air yards per completion. Yes, he also had the highest YAC per completion, but to pretend it was all short passes or checkdowns is silly. And that post above, just shows his awareness of the offense.

All that said, he clearly has trouble in the rain.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Yeah, I wonder how you get better at that. Damn Arizona boy has never encountered water before. I hope he spends his off season throwing a shitload of wet balls.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Flight tracker history for Buffalo's team plane on their flight to Cancun.

RDT_20240124_093043840602067296620750.jpg

• 13Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The YAC argument against Purdy is so silly since all of the metrics this year showed he actually pushed the ball down the field quite a bit.

He was #1 in air yards per attempt, and #2 in air yards per completion. Yes, he also had the highest YAC per completion, but to pretend it was all short passes or checkdowns is silly. And that post above, just shows his awareness of the offense.

It's when people hear stats that he was averaging over 9 yards per pass behind the line of scrimmage that they start to think maybe it's b/c he has amazing playmakers around him, that they make it easier on him as a QB. Which they do. This isn't to say he hasn't also played QB pretty well at times, too.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's when people hear stats that he was averaging over 9 yards per pass behind the line of scrimmage that they start to think maybe it's b/c he has amazing playmakers around him, that they make it easier on him as a QB. Which they do. This isn't to say he hasn't also played QB pretty well at times, too.

But he is also #1 in the league in air yards per attempt. By a pretty significant margin actually. If you want to say he can't drive the ball down the field without all the YAC you could make that argument much more easily about such QBs as Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Patrick Mahomes.

Screenshot 2024-01-24 10.23.23 AM.png

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The playmakers argument always makes me laugh too. As if every great QB hasn't had talent around to help them succeed. It's hard to point to a QB who has had a very successful year, without a strong supporting cast. Just seems like such a weird thing to point out.

Dude is still in his 2nd year in the league. It's totally plausible that he continues to grow and improves in some areas, and it is also totally possible he burns out and it is proved that he is simply propped up by his coach and team. I personally find the latter unlikely, as if you watch some of his decision making he appears to be the real deal. Only time will tell though.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
ANyone ever notice that Joe Burrow has 2 Pro Bowl WRs, a slot guy in Boyd that can go for 1000, and a Pro Bowl Running back yet not one ever credits his having the best weapons in the league for his success. Weird.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
ANyone ever notice that Joe Burrow has 2 Pro Bowl WRs, a slot guy in Boyd that can go for 1000, and a Pro Bowl Running back yet not one ever credits his having the best weapons in the league for his success. Weird.

Because he earned guys like CJ Uzomah and Hayden Hurst paydays then they went on to suck after they didn't have Burrow. Also when top guys like Chase or Tee are out he makes dudes like Trenton Irwin look like Julian Edelman. Give Burrow Gabe Davis and I bet he becomes a much better looking player.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Because he earned guys like CJ Uzomah and Hayden Hurst paydays then they went on to suck after they didn't have Burrow. Also when top guys like Chase or Tee are out he makes dudes like Trenton Irwin look like Julian Edelman. Give Burrow Gabe Davis and I bet he becomes a much better looking player.
Yeah, though Jake Browning looked pretty good with those guys and he even had a higher QBR/rating this year.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

It's nice that you mention Edelman as that allows me to segue into the GOAT who made dudes like Edelman look like world beaters for two decades. Every QB has some guys that make them look like all-stars and that transition is directly attributable to having said guys. We even see the best talent of the past decade having issues when he has to throw to dudes named Mecole. Burrow has an embarrassment of riches in Cincy. Chase, Higgins, and Boyd all on one team? He has the best WR corp in the entire NFL. Get out of here with that Trenton Irwin bullshit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's nice that you mention Edelman as that allows me to segue into the GOAT who made dudes like Edelman look like world beaters for two decades. Every QB has some guys that make them look like all-stars and that transition is directly attributable to having said guys. We even see the best talent of the past decade having issues when he has to throw to dudes named Mecole. Burrow has an embarrassment of riches in Cincy. Chase, Higgins, and Boyd all on one team? He has the best WR corp in the entire NFL. Get out of here with that Trenton Irwin bullshit.
You should put a trigger warning in front of any posts mentioning Mecole Hardman.
Jerry Seinfeld GIF

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Joe Montana played with arguably the greatest FOOTBALL player of all time, let alone greatest WR(obviously he didn't have him early). And until Brady came along, everyone had him as the defacto GOAT. People also forget how fucking good John Taylor was too because there was a guy named Rice lined up on the other side.

You can't win without ANY playmakers on offense. Football is and always will be a team sport. All the greats have had insane weapons. Look at the receivers Peyton Manning had throughout his career. Brady had arguably the greatest TE ever. Welker, Edelman, Moss, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users