2023-2024 NFL Season : Arizona's QB Search Continues

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I thought this year couldn’t get any better after John Elway carried out our Lombardi to us….

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
If the Vikings didn't think Kirk was worth $100 million in cash guaranteed, them not resigning* him isn't shocking.

Unless the Vikings have a trade lined up for a spot that will get them a QB, however, them spending money like they aren't the third best team in the division doesn't make much sense.

Speaking of not much sense, the Falcons are giving Kirk $100+ million after a year with Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers (and Kirk's own injury, for that matter). I get that the Buccaneers hardly have a stranglehold on the NFC South, but I'm not sure I like the odds on that play.

*Wasn't a release, Kirk is no longer under contract as of Wednesday.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Kirk isn't as bad as a lot of people suggest but he's not worth anywhere near that kind of money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's just how bad the state of NFL caliber QBs is right now.

Probably worth it to Atlanta since they had absolute trash at QB and their division is garbage.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$90 of $100 million is front loaded into the first 2 years. It’s basically a 2 year, $45 million per year deal. Very reasonable based on his production and complete lack of available Qbs. If he is bad, the Falcons at worst take a hit in only one year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mark Schlereth was on Eisen this morning saying Broncos should go after Darnold funny enough

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You either pay the price for Kirk or end up like teams like the Giants, Jets, Commanders etc who cant even find medicore QB play for 10+ years.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think Cousins is unfairly maligned and I think the deal is pretty reasonable. I feel like he's in the same situation that Stafford was in throughout his career in a lot of ways.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He's given plenty of reason to doubt his ability in big games, all 3 of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
You either pay the price for Kirk or end up like teams like the Giants, Jets, Commanders etc who cant even find medicore QB play for 10+ years.

Maybe the league could transition to mobile QBs who have a short life span, like running backs. Isn't that what college ball is full of? Then take away the refs babying QBs.

Make long term QBs less of a focus.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Take this as a Bills Fan who had one single pro bowl QB season by Drew Bledsoe between Kelly retiring in 1997 and Allen taking off in 2020 and saw 17 years of no playoffs.

I would have sucked my own dads dick for Kirk Cousins for 100 million over three years over spending 23 years watching

Todd Collins
Billy Joe Hobert
Alex Van Pelt
Rob Johnson
JP Losman
Trent Edwards
Brian Brohm
Ej Manuel
Thad Lewis
Jeff Tuel
Nathan Peterman
Tyrod Taylor

Sometimes it’s ok to just accept “fuck it, let’s just be not a shitty team”. Kirk will get the falcons to the playoffs and then fade away and they can draft first overall again. I know the stats say tank and get a draft pick QB but it’s not worth the pain of watching it that many years in a row.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Maybe the league could transition to mobile QBs who have a short life span, like running backs. Isn't that what college ball is full of? Then take away the refs babying QBs.

Make long term QBs less of a focus.

teams have been trying for 15 years. You just cannot overcome how vital a QB is. It’s the only POIs I toon you cannot coach around or mask in any sport.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Perhaps he will fair better in Atlanta but hitting the playoffs twice in 6 years isn't exactly confidence building

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vikings mainly struggled getting to the playoffs because their defense has been complete shit for the last 4 years.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
In before Carson Wentz ends up the Vikings QB.

Minshew to the Raiders. No one wants Fields playing QB for them.