2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe, but he's not like Kaepernick where he was doing something that nobody's ever seen before.

seriously-jt.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He managed to fit his afro in the helmet?

I thought colin used to have short hair and everyone thought he was white. Or maybe some kinda mexican, but probably white because his fucking name was colin. Didn't his afro show up at the same time he started kneeling?

No, I think what he was referring to was all the interceptions. Defenses weren't prepared to have the ball thrown right at them so often.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It wasn't that no one had seen it, but it was brand new between RG3, Russell Wilson, Kaep, and to a lesser extent Cam Newton. The RPO and all that. Defenses were like "WTF THE QB IS RUNNING AND HE'S FUCKING FAST". It took them about a year to figure out how to defend it and Kaep sucked after that unlike Wilson and Newton who could actually throw the ball. Kaep never figured out how to play from the pocket. And yeah the afro showed up when he got his hippy girlfriend and became an "activist".

You can't deny though, that that first year when Kaep took over from Alex Smith and they went to the superbowl, he was electrifying. This is in the playoffs.

Check out the run at 1:15. He looks like he's jogging and he's just smoking everyone on the field.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It wasn't that no one had seen it, but it was brand new between RG3, Russell Wilson, Kaep, and to a lesser extent Cam Newton. The RPO and all that. Defenses were like "WTF THE QB IS RUNNING AND HE'S FUCKING FAST". It took them about a year to figure out how to defend it and Kaep sucked after that unlike Wilson and Newton who could actually throw the ball. Kaep never figured out how to play from the pocket. And yeah the afro showed up when he got his hippy girlfriend and became an "activist".

You can't deny though, that that first year when Kaep took over from Alex Smith and they went to the superbowl, he was electrifying. This is in the playoffs.

Check out the run at 1:15. He looks like he's jogging and he's just smoking everyone on the field.

Michael Vick was a hell of a lot faster and had been doing it for a decade before Kaep showed up.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There were running quarterbacks before (Steve Young was another one) but not the RPO. That was what was new. It's not like Kaep invented it, but he was very well suited for it and happened to enter the league in the short window between when offenses started to use it and when defenses figured out how to defend it. It made him $50M and he probably could have made another 100 if he hadn't gone retarded when his career went into decline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There were running quarterbacks before (Steve Young was another one) but not the RPO. That was what was new. It's not like Kaep invented it, but he was very well suited for it and happened to enter the league in the short window between when offenses started to use it and when defenses figured out how to defend it. It made him $50M and he probably could have made another 100 if he hadn't gone retarded when his career went into decline.

I'm sure defensive coordinators were aware of college football and had seen the RPO a time or two before Kaepernick came in. And it's mostly your line of

Defenses were like "WTF THE QB IS RUNNING AND HE'S FUCKING FAST".

that sounds ridiculous. He was fast for a QB, but Vick was much much faster

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah lets not be ridiculous. RPO had been too popular in college for too long to sit there and pretend like defensive coordinators, people who do this shit for a living, were caught unawares.

Technically, what cunningham, vick, etc were doing was also an RPO. or maybe a PRO, because they were looking to pass first and would pull it down and run if nothing was there. So I'd say it was the same thing those guys were doing with a different blocking scheme.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Man, all that video did is remind me of what a shit-tier announcer Joe Buck is and how much I miss Candlestick.

Sterling

El Presidente
Man, all that video did is remind me of what a shit-tier announcer Joe Buck is and how much I miss Candlestick.
And as bad as Joe Buck is at football he's levels of magnitude worse when announcing baseball.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
And as bad as Joe Buck is at football he's levels of magnitude worse when announcing baseball.

he's a middle-aged nonthreatening Caucasian sports caster on tv. He's basically what leggy blondes are for fox news or just any weather girl

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
he's a middle-aged nonthreatening Caucasian sports caster on tv. He's basically what leggy blondes are for fox news or just any weather girl
This only makes sense if you are actual, RL gay. So it makes perfect sense coming from you.

• 1Worf