2023 NFL Offseason Thread - Now with less QB sneaks!

Kaines

Potato Supreme
hooly shit...from the guy who leaked the McCaffery trade to Niners

1693357881743.jpeg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Teams with three quarterbacks are the Dolphins, Steelers, Colts, Texans, Titans, Raiders, Cowboys, Eagles, Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Saints, and 49ers.

and of course, Darth Bill has gone the other route with just 1.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, they are clearly at an impasse of some sort. Crazy to think it could be at that point tho. Makes me wonder about Burrow not having a deal yet also.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A top tier QB is the only player it would make sense to trade Bosa for, and until Brock Purdy proves himself to not be Drew Brees 2.0 the 49ers aren't really looking for a QB. Probably just negotiating tactics but it is distressing that they would be resorting to that kind of shit this close to the season.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You have some really crazy takes
Who would you trade him for? 2 first rounders that might not amount to anything? He's young, and the best in the league at maybe the 2nd most important position in football. Trading that away is stupid unless he just refuses to play for you which I don't think is the case here.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Who would you trade him for? 2 first rounders that might not amount to anything? He's young, and the best in the league at maybe the 2nd most important position in football. Trading that away is stupid unless he just refuses to play for you which I don't think is the case here.

Between this and thinking Kaepernick was some one of a kind fastest QB ever, you're obviously blinded by homerism.

He's ONE OF the best in the league at ONE OF the most important positions outside of QB. Nobody's trading you a franchise QB for him, and of course it's about him refusing to play for them.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Between this and thinking Kaepernick was some one of a kind fastest QB ever, you're obviously blinded by homerism.

He's ONE OF the best in the league at ONE OF the most important positions outside of QB. Nobody's trading you a franchise QB for him, and of course it's about him refusing to play for them.
Mahomes for Bosa! Who says no!?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

You are so determined to argue even though you can't do it without building straw men.

I didn't say Kaepernick was the fastest QB ever, just that he was fast which he was.

I also didn't say anyone would trade a franchise QB, just that's the only thing that would make sense from the 49ers side. And he's not holding out because he doesn't want to play for SF, he's holding out because he wants to be the highest paid non-QB which is what the 49ers should give him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I also didn't say anyone would trade a franchise QB, just that's the only thing that would make sense from the 49ers side. And he's not holding out because he doesn't want to play for SF, he's holding out because he wants to be the highest paid non-QB which is what the 49ers should give him.

Refusing to to play for what the 49ers are willing to pay him isn't any different than refusing to play because he hates the team. The salary cap is a reality and smart teams realize that no matter how good a player is, there's a point where their salary would hurt the team more than their play would help them. I have no idea what that number is for the 49ers and Bosa, but the idea of "He's really good just pay him whatever he wants" isn't the best way to build a team.

And yes, draft picks could definitely be worth it especially because of how their contracts work, even though there is obvious risk in it.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users