2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No way. 25 turnovers. His worst year since his second season (though still good). Pretty easy case that at least five QBs had a better year than him.

Honestly could care less about them when he was responsible for that many total TD's. That team doesn't even sniff 5 or 6 wins without him carrying team on his back, and somehow they end up the #2 seed with that crazy streak at the end. Also wasn't really a year where any other QB stood out from the pack, and even those that did had questions (dip in their play during part of the season, ridiculous skill position guys that do so much work, etc).

Edit: Also it was 22 turnovers, not 25.

Merrith

Pretty nuts mahomes isn’t even in the top 8 of highest paid QBs

Not really if that many contracts have been signed after his. They all just tick up slowly one after the next. Dak is going to get stupid money from Dallas.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This guy makes some really cool breakdown videos. Figured you Cowboys fans would enjoy this one.

• 1Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

In the aftermath of last month’s $4.7 billion antitrust verdict against the NFL in the Sunday Ticket case (which, if it stands, will become $14.1 billion), the NFL said the liability won’t directly impact the salary cap. More recently, Ben Fischer of Sports Business Journal reported that several owners are considering foisting some of the financial responsibility onto the players.

Gonna be interesting how this will all shake out if the verdict stands, I have my doubts it will. Trying to pass on the some of the bill to the players is pretty laughable also

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see how there is any precedent or standing to place this on the players.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How is the cap structured? Isn't it based on how much the league and teams make? Because of this they will be making less. I can see it indirectly affecting the cap. Especially if those sunday ticket revenues were used in the salary cap calculations for the past few years.

• 2Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'm neither an accountant or a lawyer, but from what I understand, players get a set percentage of the money the NFL takes in from three sources:

1) Local ticket sales.
2) TV/Media deals.
3) The murkiest entry, NFL Ventures, which appears to cover everything from their networks, licensing, investments, and (apparently) everything else that isn't in the first two entries.

Obviously, _if_ those fines were paid (they'll be appealed and re-litigated for years), that money would have to come out of _some_ bucket, and I could see 'the NFL' paying those penalties via a loan which is then paid back by 'the NFL' (likely NFL Ventures), spreading the incoming NFL revenue / player cap hit over quite a few years. But again, I am neither an accountant nor a lawyer to know how easy it would be for the NFLPA to sue that that shouldn't be considered for the total NFL revenue calculations.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
17-1

Joe Burrow defeat us 31-3 and Alex Alex gets a Skyline Chilli inside the Phish logo tramp stamp.
18 games? I guess we're predicting playoffs too? I refuse to believe we lose to the Bungles in the Divisional round after going undefeated in the regular season.

20-0 BABY!!!!

Merrith

18 games? I guess we're predicting playoffs too? I refuse to believe we lose to the Bungles in the Divisional round after going undefeated in the regular season.

20-0 BABY!!!!

They actually play Cincy in Cincy week 2. And come on, we all know the Chiefs new thing is to look vulnerable in the regular season early while they dial stuff in, then go on a run. 1-3 first 4 weeks with losses to Ravens, Bengals, and Chargers. Just to keep it spicy.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like