2024-2025 NFL Season - Dak Prescott's MVP Tour Part 2

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Kamala when asked to explain something she changed the subject by saying “ I come from a middle class family. “
¿But do the neighbors care for their yards? BUT, if they didn't care for their yards they wouldn't be middle class, right? But I am asking a moot question in the sports thread ;) but just fyi I prefer St. Augustine... Yell at all those kids, GET off my fucking grass!
Movie Friday GIF

gak

<Gold Donor>
b.jpg

Woman forced to throw MAGA hat in trash at Cardinals game gets team's apology for staff 'misunderstanding'

The Arizona Cardinals have apologized to a woman who was told she had to remove a "Make American Great Again" hat in order to enter State Farm Stadium for the team's game against the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday.

"In an isolated incident at Sunday's game, a stadium security member misunderstood a policy on prohibited items. Like most venues, ‘signage, posters, flags, or displays that are….political in nature' are not permitted. However, that did not apply in this instance. Moving forward we will work to provide clarity to all stadium personnel in these situations. We have also reached out to the individual involved to communicate that their experience was not consistent with our policies and practices and to apologize for that," the statement read.

The woman, an Arizona native and Cardinals season ticket holder, was named Susan Rosener. She and her husband were on their way to their seats to see the Cardinals' surprising 41-10 win over the Rams, before a stadium staffer mistakenly told her to take off her hat baring the famous slogan of former President Trump's election campaign, according to multiple reports.

"You can't bring that in here," the staffer said, according to Rosener, via News 12 Phoenix.

"She's like, 'No political hats or shirts.' And I said, 'I haven't heard that at all.' And I said, 'That doesn't make sense to me.' And she goes, 'I said, Take your hat off,'" Rosener said. "In retrospect, I wish I would have stood my ground a little bit, but I wasn't sure what the repercussions would be, and my husband would kill me if I did something with the season tickets or that jeopardizes them somehow."

The incident was initially publicized in a post on X by Turning Point Action Field Rep. VP Alyssa Goncales, who also posted alleged screenshots of text messages with other supposed attendees who were either also forced to remove MAGA hats or witnessed others being forced to.

"We have only heard from one individual. But if there were a couple others that had a similar interaction that should not have happened either. Again, it's not our practice and in the 18+ seasons we've been in this stadium, it apparently has never occurred previously. Moving forward, though, we will work with all of the third party groups that interact with our fans to make sure this abundantly clear," the team said in another statement to Fox News Digital in response to the other allegations.

While the Cardinals do have a list of banned items for entering State Farm Stadium on game days, "political hats or shirts" are not on that list.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user