28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Very awesome. Loving the water effects, hard to pull off but when done right (like you did) it looks amazing.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Honestly, that was attempt three lifetime for me. The other two ended in disaster, including a 300 dollar display board experiment for my Daemons back in the day which still has not dried.....

The light tone Super Glaze is the best stuff and the painters tape tip I got from a friend is the key. Normally, you want clean edges and surface, but since this is an ocean army, the irregular surface and edges help the appearance.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Your painting is great Phaz...

Those models tho... I guess we get spoiled from 40k
Aforementioned intricate models.
FB_IMG_1492204484443.jpg

FB_IMG_1492528579138.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

No, just one saved on my phone from the 40k or spiky bits group. I'm worried i may buy some models soon.

Been out of 40k since i think 4th or 5th.

Helps that i have no where close to play to prevent me having another hobby to drop a few thousand on.

If i remember tonight I'll upload some more gems. Maybe find my crappy models pics too. Though I'm still proud of my quad barrel aa guardsman tank long before the hydra etc came out.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
No, just one saved on my phone from the 40k or spiky bits group. I'm worried i may buy some models soon.

Helps that i have no where close to play to prevent me having another hobby to drop a few thousand on.

If i remember tonight I'll upload some more gems. Maybe find my crappy models pics too. Though I'm still proud of my quad barrel aa guardsman tank long before the hydra etc came out.
I used to paint them and I have never played the game once. Haven't even read the rules. I just enjoyed painting.

Sludig

That's likely what i would be turning into. My local scene at my old location was dying and turning toxic add much as i hate that word.

I was also acknowledged by others as truly unlucky. Like fail more than half of a dozen 2+ on d6 saving throws. Part of why i went guard for a while. Either throw a bucket of dice or place pie plates which don't need to hit.......... Then I'd scatter 12 inches from Target. Fml

Models pretty good back then but the last 2 years have been amazing models. I love knights and the big eldar Walker and some of the flyers.

Here's a neat custom model.

Mad cat anyone?

FB_IMG_1492527541483.jpg

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

Cool was wondering cause I had seen it on spikey bits too. I pretty much just paint now, with little kids I can't play till after 8 which means most stores are closed or will before I can play a game, and my buddies don't play much anymore

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
New Edition of 40k officially announced this morning. AOS like rules for free with warscrolls and a generals handbook format that gets updated every year. Hopefully it gets everyone back into the game.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hahaha called that shit.... All the 40k people who laughed their asses off when Fantasy got nuked from orbit get to eat crow. As a bonus, I expect the failing AOS game to be merged into 40k within a couple years (its why Sigmarites look like fucking marines in the first place). GW should have kept their relationship with FFG and let them do the rules, while GW made the models.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
New Edition of 40k officially announced this morning. AOS like rules for free with warscrolls and a generals handbook format that gets updated every year. Hopefully it gets everyone back into the game.

That sucks.

I think.

I like nothing about the new AoS armies/look/etc. so maybe the rules are OK and I just hate the rest but I'm guessing it's not good.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hahaha called that shit.... All the 40k people who laughed their asses off when Fantasy got nuked from orbit get to eat crow. As a bonus, I expect the failing AOS game to be merged into 40k within a couple years (its why Sigmarites look like fucking marines in the first place). GW should have kept their relationship with FFG and let them do the rules, while GW made the models.
Failing? Last year was amazing for them. AoS is actually a really fun and popular game. Turns out changing the game so you can play elves with empire with dorfs with lizardmen and releasing some sweet new models makes a lot of money.

• 1Like

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there any semblance of balanced play now in AoS? I need some form of competitiveness for it not just to feel like playing with toys...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AoS is fairly balanced. Most of the Battle tomes are good. They are rebalancing the points soon. They say they will release a new rebalance every year.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Look, AoS is fine for the people who enjoy it, but... its likely less balanced than WHF8 was (ask anyone who faced Ogres), even post Generals Handbook. Sales and GT wise, even KoW is skunking it everywhere I play, which is kind of sad.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Failing? Last year was amazing for them. AoS is actually a really fun and popular game. Turns out changing the game so you can play elves with empire with dorfs with lizardmen and releasing some sweet new models makes a lot of money.

People actually like the new models? lol

I mean don't get me wrong they are high quality but I find them all to be generic magitechno trash compared to the older armies. The feel of the old stuff was so well developed and consistently themed that I can't really get past the rebrand.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Look, AoS is fine for the people who enjoy it, but... its likely less balanced than WHF8 was (ask anyone who faced Ogres), even post Generals Handbook. Sales and GT wise, even KoW is skunking it everywhere I play, which is kind of sad.
Sales wise it is doing fine. Big event wise it is doing fine. It might be dead locall you for you but the game is as popular as ever.