28mm Miniature Tabletop Wargaming Thread

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Went and got me 3rd place in the Kings of War tournament at Adepticon. Feels good bros.

3rd place.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We are in for Lone Wolf, so maybe the wife and I will see you there? Actually mostly done with Trident, but will likely wait on water effects until after Texas.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Not this year. It and Lady of the Lake on are on my KoW tournament wish list though. Hopefully I'll be able to go to both next year

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is King of War just a duplicate of Warhammer Fantasy? The factions and units all look like carbon-copies. But, for those folks who have actually played it, does it differ a lot? Is the entertainment value there because it's NOT Warhammer, or is it because it's a good game on its own? It seems to me, that we could use the hundreds of existing WH models we have and adapt them to KoW to try it out, right?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Its a simpler faster game than WHFB while still being very deep strategically. It's got good rules that are easier to pick up. Also you can use any models you want to represent units in game. Try it out, it's rule set was designed for tournaments and it can be played quickly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This has to be a joke, I just get an e-mail from GW about a new 40k skirmish game. Click it within seconds. Sold out.

Is this some April Fool's bullshit?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope no joke, new Necromunda sold out instantly, they are going to sell the terrain and rules separately later but for more than the bundle, terrain is amazing.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Around here it has been hugely popular. I don't think they thought it through. That's just their website so who knows what went to distributors and stores. Due to it being GW no one knows what their store will get till it shows up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Sigh.

Well hopefully this will be wildly successful enough so that the shareholders are like 'so uhhh hey guys...'

It's like you already make the models, make a ruleset that competes with Warmachine.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a pretty fun game. I play regularly. Highly recommend "Strictly the Worst" if you are a gaming podcast listener.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guild Ball is a great game. It hits that sweet spot of good rules, depth, time to play a game, and price.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah I've had a mini itch for a while since I started painting minis for my DnD campaign but I didn't want to be that guy who carries around a suitcase of armies to events.

I did find out they are switching to plastic minis soon and that really puts a damper on the fun. I just think the metal ones feel so much better.

I'm going Wednesday to watch the guys play and see if I want to take the plunge

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got the Water effects all done in time for both our league finals and for Lone Wolf (have one giant to do and some cleanup), but I am pretty happy with the results, given how quickly I had to crank this out and how much I suck at painting. Water effects always make me nervous, because so much can go wrong and pooch an entire complete model.

Wyrm Rider Centurions (Mantic Models)-
Centurians.jpg

Depth Horrors (Hadross)-
depthhorrors.jpg

Gigas (Otherworld Miniatures)-
Gigas.jpg

Trident King (Hadross, needs some touch ups)-
king.jpg

Leviathan Bane (Kit Bash of Mantic and GW High Elf Sky Chariot kits)-
LeviBane.jpg

Random Infantry Hero (Hadross, some work to do on this)-
PlacoChamp.jpg

Riverguard (Mantic)-
Riverguard.jpg

Wurm Riders (Mantic)-
WyrmRiders.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those water effects are sweet!

Got the chance to play Rune Wars by FFG. It's a nifty little game. I liked a lot of the things it has going for it. I am excited to see what they do with it.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got the Water effects all done in time for both our league finals and for Lone Wolf (have one giant to do and some cleanup), but I am pretty happy with the results, given how quickly I had to crank this out and how much I suck at painting. Water effects always make me nervous, because so much can go wrong and pooch an entire complete model.

"Hot models"

Damn dude, those are great. That adds a huge amount of character to the army!

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Last two additions for Lone Wolf:

Coral Giant (Nymert from Pegaso): A few details to clean up, but she is ready.
CoralGiant.jpg

"Lone Ranger" This is a model required by one scenario at Lone Wolf each year, so I decided to go silly with this. Its just a touched up Hero Clix mini (I plan on wearing a matching shirt)-
LoneRanger.jpg

Glad to be done. Between the painting, the resin mixing, and cleaning with glass cleaner, I think I might be high for a week from the chemicals. Next trick will be figuring out how to pack all this crap for a flight.....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users