300: Rise of an empire

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That one guy's horse in the trailer is amphibious.

Xerxes is too much like a Goa'uld. I kept expecting him to yell "Jaffa! Kree!"

They dont try? They "base" their story on actual history. 300 (the battle of Thermopylae) was just part of the wars. Xerxes didnt stop invading Greece because he was held up and eventually defeated the Greeks.

I mean they are very liberal with the story, but Xerxes as the villian is fine. There is so much history and story that could be used to make a great film about that war. Did they make it? Probably not. but to complain about Xerxes being used again is like complaining about hitler being in multiple WW2 films.

Also, Eva Green looks like garbage. Ive never seen her look attractive at all, but this sets new levels of "HOW DO PEOPLE THINK SHE IS SEXY". She looked better with short hair at the end of Kingdom of Heaven.
Eva was smoking Hot as Bond girl, sorta of in Kingdom of heaven.
However since that Camelot garbage her hotness has gone down.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Seeing 300 in the cinema was hilarious, i don't think i've ever been to a movie with an all male audience. You could almost smell the excessive amounts of testosterone leaking all over the place.

But this shit blows.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I dunno about that. Tuco is right, anything with the queen(especially after Leonidas leaves) is terribad and weighs down the movie. 300 would of been even better if they had cut her out and put in more fighting.
Tits are a little saggy though.
NSFW - Eva Green naked:
Doesnt it make you just a little sad when you see a woman who doesnt like wearing bras?
frown.png

fucker_sl

shitlord
i agree. when you find her naked and horny in your bed give me a call. i'll gladly save you for this unpleasant efford

Xeldar

Silver Squire
We're gonna see Eva Green's teddies! FUCK YEAH! After seeing Man of Steel, I can't wait to see how Snyder does this because the fight sequences and romance can only be better as an R movie.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
We're gonna see Eva Green's teddies! FUCK YEAH! After seeing Man of Steel, I can't wait to see how Snyder does this because the fight sequences and romance can only be better as an R movie.
Not sure if serious... but just in case, Snyder is NOT involved with this one. So yea.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Producing is still a fairly meaningless title, and the main point is he's not directing. I failed to notice he and Johnstad co-wrote it again, but without him directing I have no expectations of it coming anywhere close to 300's unique awesomeness.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Producer, heh. If he's not in charge of how it looks he's not having an real input.

If you've never seen the movieState and Mainyou should. It's got one of my favorite quotes about the movie industry ever. Doesn't totally apply here, I was just reminded of it.

Joseph Turner White: What's an associate producer credit?
Bill Smith: It's what you give to your secretary instead of a raise.

But yeah, throwing Snyder's name up there is just a slightly more specific version of those ones where the trailer says "From the people that brought you Avatar!" or "From one/some of the people".

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They dont try? They "base" their story on actual history. 300 (the battle of Thermopylae) was just part of the wars. Xerxes didnt stop invading Greece because he was held up and eventually defeated the Greeks.
If by defeated the Greeks, you mean he went on to sack a basically undefended Athens, suffered a major naval defeat at Salamis, took a major part of his army home to suppress revolts in Babylon, and while he was gone the forces he left behind were routed at Plataea, then sure, he defeated the Greeks.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If by defeated the Greeks, you mean he went on to sack a basically undefended Athens, suffered a major naval defeat at Salamis, took a major part of his army home to suppress revolts in Babylon, and while he was gone the forces he left behind were routed at Plataea, then sure, he defeated the Greeks.
Thanks young encyclopedia brown, we are all impressed.

Maybe my phrasing was off.

He met a brief stalemate and then defeated the 300 Greeks. I didn't mean he conquered them all, I'm saying 300 was a small part of the story.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Technically destroying Athens was his main objective anyways so the fact he destroyed the fuck out of it is pretty much mission accomplished for him. Other stuff aside, he did what he set out to do.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Technically destroying Athens was his main objective anyways so the fact he destroyed the fuck out of it is pretty much mission accomplished for him. Other stuff aside, he did what he set out to do.
That's subject to debate. While the primary motivation of his father Darius was certainly to punish the Athenians and Eretrians for lending assistance to the Ionian Revolt, the extraordinary force Xerxes committed to the invasion suggests that he was interested in extending Persian control as far intro Greece as he could.