38 studios Auction Nov 14th and 15th.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No criminal charges in 38 Studios collapse - The Boston Globe

Rhode Island officials said they will not bring criminal charges against any of the principals involved in the collapse of 38 Studios, the video game company started by former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling. The company received $50 million in taxpayer backing from Rhode Island but filed for bankruptcy in 2012. Utnayan could not be reached for comment.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea but that story aligns perfectly with what Curt was saying.

Pretty impressive that they withheld 1/3rd of the amount that was forecasted as necessary.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Schilling took to Twitter after the press conference was announced and ridiculed the investigation as a waste of money.

LMAO...CS knows all about wasting money...$89,000,000 still owed.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
FLy5qJl.png

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
His blogs are more of the same.

38 Pitches

To say I disagree with him on every issue is an understatement.

But what the hell, good luck Ngruk!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Curt doesn't lose anything! He won negative moneys!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I can see that working, Ann Coulter is basically a bloody sock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kudos

<Banned>
To be honest Kingdoms of Amalur was a great game and it's a damn shame the MMO never took off.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
KoA:R was at best mediocre, and realistically just totally below average. It was like a single player MMO. Let's have all the grind that's only made palatable by a social experience and remove the social experience. #winning

kudos

<Banned>
KoA:R was at best mediocre, and realistically just totally below average. It was like a single player MMO. Let's have all the grind that's only made palatable by a social experience and remove the social experience. #winning
So modern day MMO's? What else can you ask for? It was supposed to BE an MMO before everything went to shit.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
back in the day when i did xbox customer support (the number on your xbox for help) I told some dude that 38 studios went bankrupt.

I ruined that dude's fucking day so hard and I was extremely glad I did. Curt Schilling is a piece of fucking garbage.

worst job i ever had in my life.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

I was actually thinking about this yesterday.

I think they wasted a ton of resources on developing all those GD side quests, which is what made the game so grindy. My only conclusion is that they wanted to take it from a 20+ hr game to a 40+ hr game. Probably their biggest mistake.

Apart from that, I thought the game was solid. It's no Witcher 3 (which also has WAY too many side quests), but it was solid.

The combat was perfect.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
back in the day when i did xbox customer support (the number on your xbox for help) I told some dude that 38 studios went bankrupt.

I ruined that dude's fucking day so hard and I was extremely glad I did. Curt Schilling is a piece of fucking garbage.

worst job i ever had in my life.

Daydreaming about things you hate?