40 Superhero Movies in the Next 6 Years/Superhero Movie Bubble?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The problem would be if ppl oversaturate themselves.
take dinner:

you dont need to eat that mozzeralla stick app, you dont need to eat dessert, whats wrong with just a salad and a good premium steak?

ppl have to learn, not to consume everything, i'll say i'm one of the top comic nerds on rerolled, but i don't watch every superhero tv shit out.

currently it's what?
AOS
flash
arrow
gotham
daredevil

Nope, i only do AOS, mainly b/c i've weathered the pain of horrible hours of horrible programming and now they have a decent enough groove.

If i tried to watch all the DC shit, i would hate comics, much less tv in general

you can't consume everything, when the media itself forces you into a set amount of time, 45mins (tvshow)

i could skim "Wolverines" in literally 3minutes b/c it's a shit comic written by shitty D-list retards and art that would make Archie blush, and at the same time spend 30minutes mulling over the latest SAGA and even re-reading it.

in the end, it could very well just be the symbiotic relationship that manga to anime has in Japan and could go on for years or decades. (there is a lot of shitty mangas/animes too which is no different than shitty tv like 2 1/2 men and big bang)

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I'd take the 40 new super hero movies over the rehashed shit job remakes they keep coming out with.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ppl have to learn, not to consume everything, i'll say i'm one of the top comic nerds on rerolled, but i don't watch every superhero tv shit out.

currently it's what?
AOS
flash
arrow
gotham
daredevil

Nope, i only do AOS, mainly b/c i've weathered the pain of horrible hours of horrible programming and now they have a decent enough groove.
This is pretty funny seeing as how AOS is the worst show on that list. Unless Gotham is really shitty too, I haven't watched any of it.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Out of all the comic book shows you watch agents of shield..... good lord, I would say thats even worse then Gotham. You put yourself through that shit fest and ignore the good shows, follow that show till the end and keep ignoring the other shows.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd take the 40 new super hero movies over the rehashed shit job remakes they keep coming out with.
this i will agree with, superhero bubble or not, none of those films raped my childhood, at worst they will be beautiful failures. i will say that Avengers was as good as its ever to likely get and i think thats just fine. Thor on his own or Hulk, they are strong characters but their movies seem empty. probably a Hulk Vs Thor movie would rock, but i think that will never happen in the MCU. Cap on his own only works because Chris Evans as Cap is fucking excellent. when they pass the torch to Bucky or whomever, then he i think its time they just include him with someone else's franchise. Tony Stark can still easily carry an Iron Man movie only because of RDJ.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Comic book movies are so popular because "original" sci-fi has an exceptionally poor track record at the movies, James Cameron is pretty much the only director that can make it work. Think about it. In between Terminator 2 and Avatar, how many science fiction movies that were not direct adaptations of a previously existing book or comic book turned out to be hits? Independence Day is the only one I can think of.

ohkcrlho

Comic book movies are so popular because "original" sci-fi has an exceptionally poor track record at the movies, James Cameron is pretty much the only director that can make it work. Think about it. In between Terminator 2 and Avatar, how many science fiction movies that were not direct adaptations of a previously existing book or comic book turned out to be hits? Independence Day is the only one I can think of.
Isn't the matrix sci fi?

Karloff_sl

shitlord
That's a lot of superhero movies, some I'll see others I'll wait till video/cable but is it any worse then the multitude of young adult novels that have been or are going to be made into movies.

Besides the big two Marvel/DC is there other comic properties from the Image/Darkhorse side of the industry?

spronk

FPS noob
her
district 9
gravity
inception
children of men
star trek?
edge of tomorrow
interstellar
matrix

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not MCU but the animated one wasn't bad if I remember right.

Hulk vs Thor (Video) - Marvel Animated Universe Wiki

Just if you're jonesing for some action like that. The other movie that came in the Hulk Vs. double bill was Hulk vs. Wolverine. Had some Deadpool in it but I don't remember much else.
saw that animated HvT a few years back, it was pretty badass. which is why i would love to see the live action equivalent. but with Hopkins likely not returning as Odin (and Loki probably killing him off) i figure any chance of that happening is now over.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
her
district 9
gravity
inception
children of men
star trek?
edge of tomorrow
interstellar
matrix
Plenty of good Sci fi, it's just not the flavor of the month like comic books are. And there are plenty of shit comic book movies (multiple hulks, rebooted spiderman, that shit superman from 9 years ago, wolverine movies), they just keep throwing everything and the kitchen sink at making them because how successful a handful are.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that the next big thing will be game movies, someone is going to make a REALLY FUCKING GOOD ONE at last and all of the studios will look at what rights they have and try to copy and have "cinematic universes" for those IPs.

The Warcraft and MTG movies have a shot of being cinematic universable.

ohkcrlho

Keep dreaming chris.
That will probably never happen. They have been doing for 20 years and still you don't have anything above average/good.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
her
district 9
gravity
inception
children of men
star trek?
edge of tomorrow
interstellar
matrix
Children of Men actually lost money. I forgot about the Matrix, but everything else you put here was after Avatar.

The fact that original sci-fi pretty much always failed let to some pretty ridiculous shit in the 2000s. The I, Robot movie was filmed as a standalone movie and had absolutely nothing to do with the books until they decided to buy the IP and film extra scenes in order to tack it on during post-production. Then you had The Island go up against the first Fantastic Four movie and become one of the worst box-office bombs ever despite being a much better movie. To say nothing of the absurd amounts of money that FF movie made despite being complete crap.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am Legend did pretty well and should be on that list, even though I wished they followed the point of the book.