A woman sentenced only 18 month after slaying 2 babies and failed on third.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Calgary woman who left three of her infants in a dumpster, killing two, sentenced to 18 months jail | National Post

Her third child was born in October, 2010. Borowiec, again, hid the child in the trash. But this time, the infant was rescued after its cries were overheard by a man named Ian Turnbull - Borowiec's long-time boyfriend and the baby's father. He had been unaware of her pregnancy.

"You have no criminal record. All three offences were committed while your mind was disturbed while giving birth. In law, your responsibility was diminished."

"She knew she was pregnant. She knew what she did previously, she was lying about her actions and yet she proceeded in the same fashion," said Crown attorney Darren Maloney. "These are all aggravating factors that increase her moral blameworthiness."

The Crown is appealing her infanticide convictions. She was originally charged with second-degree murder.

In interviews with police, Borowiec admitted she heard the babies cry before she put them in trash bags and dropped them into garbage bins, but denied doing anything to hurt them before she disposed of them.

Court heard she didn't even look to see whether it was a boy or a girl before she wrapped her first-born infant in a towel and put it in a garbage bag.

Borowiec admitted to a similar scenario in 2009 when she again gave birth into a toilet in her apartment, wrapped the child in a towel and dropped it into the bathroom garbage before walking out to a Dumpster and disposing of it.

In a lengthy video interview with police after her arrest in November 2011, Borowiec said she heard a noise "like a kitten" after the birth of the first child and, the following year, was aware the second child was alive as well.

Borowiec also told police that she kept her pregnancies secret from co-workers by telling them her appearance was due to cysts on her uterus. She said her boyfriend was unaware that she was pregnant either before or after the births.
she has admitted to second infanticide after three hours of interrogation.

So you got roughly 8-9 month to consider your pregnancy (give 3-5 month in her case since she still menstruates), and the judge still comes out and says, "you're responsibility is diminished due to your condition" and this applies to all three pregnancies?

This is the most fucking absurd bullshit I've read this year.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Trollface is upset that the babies didn't grow up enough so that the he couldln't rape them around 12 years old or so. The females ones anyway.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amanda Knox has been convicted again for murder to 28 years. That will be interesting to see if she gets to hide in some lawless country from justice.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Amanda Knox has been convicted again for murder to 28 years. That will be interesting to see if she gets to hide in some lawless country from justice.
Lawless country? She's going to stay here in the US, because our stance on double jeopardy means we would never extradite her to Italy.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
hah, lawless? The Italian legal system is the only one, in an industrialized nation, more fucked up and broken than the U.S.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lawless country? She's going to stay here in the US, because our stance on double jeopardy means we would never extradite her to Italy.
^^^^ Exactly.

What the fuck is wrong with the Italian justice sys... nevermind, I just thought about what I was typing. Italian justice system, that's rich.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Why is she even in jail? This is nothing but a super late term abortion.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
^^^^ Exactly.

What the fuck is wrong with the Italian justice sys... nevermind, I just thought about what I was typing. Italian justice system, that's rich.
that's why people turn to the mafia for "justice."

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only western justice system to actually prosecute a prime minister and throw him out of office for good is now corrupt and broken?

or are you just stereotyping because you watched all seasons of the Sopranos?

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Must be the in thing for judges to be fucking retarded with sentencing now. We just had a guy get 7.5 years, out in 4.5, for raping a 3yo girl while on his way to the police station for his sex-offender check-in and others getting less than 2 years for killing with sucker punches

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only western justice system to actually prosecute a prime minister and throw him out of office for good is now corrupt and broken?

or are you just stereotyping because you watched all seasons of the Sopranos?
I don't know anything about the justice system in Italy. I'm just saying there is no way Italy gets her back so they can find her guilty of whatever the hell they want.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Is it justice though? I was under the impression that this case was beyond shaky and basically consisted of a bunch of shit the cops just made up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Define justice? Her conviction was overturned, then they somehow found her guilty again. That goes against something written into our bill of rights, so why on earth would we extradite her back to Italy? I mean hell, even Germany has some protection against double jeopardy, so I don't see why you think this is some huge abrogation of justice.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Define justice? Her conviction was overturned, then they somehow found her guilty again. That goes against something written into our bill of rights, so why on earth would we extradite her back to Italy? I mean hell, even Germany has some protection against double jeopardy, so I don't see why you think this is some huge abrogation of justice.
Well, if you think that your justice system is superior to everyone elses, which would be understandable with you being an American after all, then go ahead. It's not really as simple as you just said. The first verdict was guilty, which was then appealed on technicalities. How many inmates in the US are fucked for good after their first trial ends with guilty?
In addition to that, she tried to blame this entirely on Patrick Lumumba as well, which has been proven to be false.

Also, this isn't over yet, Italy's highest court has to do the whole case once more.