Adults who tell white lies to get attention

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I just dont understand it. People who lie about garbage just to feel cool.

I dont mean people who lie to get out of something or deceive people. I mean people who make shit up that has no bearing on life to just seem important. And they escalate so quickly until there is no way its true.

Im in a Microsoft Class this week (Worthless o365 training just to charge my client)...all week the MCT has been telling just stupid lies. It started with being one of those one up types. No matter what anyone says hes done it better. The way he talks, hes like a CIA operative that created a transcendent AI and is a billionaire.

He keeps showing up thumbnails he clearly downloaded from a website of rooms he "3d printed" to look like Star ships, movies theaters, etc. He tells us BS stories about going to a DOD data center under a milk farm by buying a certain type of milk that opened a secret door. He says hes a Dr but his Linkedin has no mention of a PHD. He told us a BS story of sitting in the Director of the IRS office and someone calling the conference line with one of those "You are under audit" scams.

Now hes getting crazy. Saying he is 3d printing a chassis for his AI which in theory could build space station in orbit. At some point he was a Naval Intelligence office who found Bin laden.

Here is the kicker...He has a black visa (Doesnt have it with him to show us) and every year he gets invited to the Playboy mansion for a party becayse of it. Last year he Met Bruce Willis and Prince, and they are friends now. Says a few months before his death prince flew him to his house to hangout for a weekend.

This is a 50 year old man in front of a class.

I know so many people who do this shit! WHY? How can you think people will believe this shit?

Can anyone explain this to me? Feel free to share your own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
He sounds schizophrenic.

Also it's safe to assume everything everyone says on this message board is an attention whoring lie

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If it bothers you that much, call him out on his lies. Ask him questions he clearly wouldn't be able to answer. Catch him in his lies. Have some fun with it. Or don't. Who cares. We're all going to die eventually anyway.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was reading this post on the deck my 100 foot yacht and I totally agree. Bullshitters are the worst.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
He sounds schizophrenic.

All jokes aside, this does sound like some mental illness. My very close friend is always going on about AIs and other shit and he's 100% certified. Been institutionalized a couple time. Shit sucks.

• 2Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Run into a ton of guys like this. An old buddy of mine, we were roommates at one time, we served at the same duty stations, banged out the same bar skanks, this motherfucker has all these stories about his time in spec ops. "Spec ops" meaning he was an intel analyst down at GITMO. Such a fucking poser. I just change the subject when he gets on this shit because I hate it.

• 2Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had a peer like this at the top gun Academy, needless to say I stalled him with jet wash while we were doing a black mission over Russia, last i heard he was in a gulag in kamchatka making toy soldiers.

Last edited:
  • 14Like
Reactions: 13 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Its one thing if maybe its people you know, or over beers. but to stand in front of 12 people who are paying good money for this class (or their jobs are picking it up) and just spout this INSANITY! I just cant wrap my head around it. Does he think we believe it? Does he even care? Is it out of his control?

I grew up with a friend who did the same shit. Tried to convince us his grandpa invented the small disks gameCube games were on.

Guys in the navy were bad with this too.

Some people just share stories and its no big deal. 2nd hand shit. Everyone i nthe navy served with IC2 Balls or Seaman Guzzler. Just about every white guy knows a teacher who class had OrangeJello and LemonJello in their class. This lies travel.

but this guy is blowing my mind.

Nows hes talking about how his car is a home brew self driving unit. He sleeps everyday on the way to work.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had a band mate like this. Just constant lies. Lies that we're unnecessary and just made him look shitty. It was sad because he was a good dude otherwise.

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This may definitely be a military thing because the only time i remember struck by it is at a bar in Hawaii and by the end of our stay the tiny guy in glasses to my left was an f16 pilot and the guy that did noaa related shit to our right early on the convo ended up being a black ops cyber hacker who could rape your mother through her wifi sous vide .

• 2Like

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I think the real question is has Coheed and Cambria written a song about him and his apparently amazing life?

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I was in the room when we found bin laden, send me a picture of the guy I'll let you know if I recognize him.

• 1Like