Adventures with Corndog: Corndog's Fish Store

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Again I was speaking from the point of view if the dude/cheick had common sense. You can talk to someone for 20 minutes and figure that out. Since it was all that was brought up that's all I was refering to. I would 100% agree that work ethic is totally unrelated but that wasn't what was brought up. gesh. lol

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm trying to wrap my head around it, are people not realizing my prices are so good, or are people as a whole hesitant to rate price at a 5 because something could always be cheaper?
What it boils down to is that no matter what you charge for something, they always want it cheaper and that's what they are probably thinking when they grade your prices.

I see it all the time in my own small shop. You'll always run into people like that.

For promotion this Saturday there is a fish related event. I'm going to hand out a reusable tote that I get for free from Hikari which is a food manufacturer. Each tote will have a business card with the backside being redeemable for a package of frozen bloodworms. It will also have a couple of food samples that were provided by the vendor. Algae wafers and Micro pellets. I'm adding in individually wrapped sweedish fish to each bag also. I'm trying to think of something else to add to the bags that is cheap and will be appreciated.
Goldfish crackers!
tongue.png

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
What it boils down to is that no matter what you charge for something, they always want it cheaper and that's what they are probably thinking when they grade your prices.

I see it all the time in my own small shop. You'll always run into people like that.

Goldfish crackers!
tongue.png
I will probably add that to the bags. I'll have to check the price on small lunch size bags.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Picking up a 340 gallon aquarium today for the display tank at the store. Hopefully I'll upload some pictures of it tonight shoe horned into it's space.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You mostly freshwater, or do you do salty as well?

I used to be all in to this shit when younger, but ever since I have a family there is just not enough time. But I would love to set up a reef again. Especially now with the new LED lighting they have for the corals.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's some pics of the tank in it's new home. Tank was custom made in Vietnam and hand carved and imported over here. I then bought it and it's now in my store.

Dimensions are 77x32x32

P1030175_zps6f25ea2b.jpg
P1030178_zps01cb982a.jpg
P1030183_zpsb43166f9.jpg
P1030088_zps02adb2b2.jpg

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's pretty crazy. How much did that run you id you don't mind me askin?
2,000 used on craigslist. A new 300 gallon double deep. 72x36x27 from the wholesalers was $1450 with no stand or canopy just glass tank. It's also been on back order for 5 weeks. That's what had me looking on craigslist. As I had this big open spot at the very front of my store.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I feel like you should now open Chinese Buffet in your store as well to go along with it.
tongue.png

It looks nice, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
Filling the tank up as we speak. Pray that it holds :p Obviously I saw it holding water before I bought it. But moving a large tank can cause things to shift.