Agatha All Along

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Haven't been watching since I am waiting for the whole season to drop, but got spoiled and found out that Aubrey Plaza is a much bigger character than we realize.

She is playing Death. Spoiled by Funko Pops. Also confirmed that the kid is Wiccan.
Well, she is the green witch for the coven. Agatha substituted her with "Mrs Hart" and it cost her her life. So likely Rio Vidal (Aubrey) is pissed that her scissormate ,Agatha dumped her. Doesn't that sound like a great premise for an MCU show? Not the Visionquest show that will likely get shit canned because this show is already a massive ratings flop?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well, she is the green witch for the coven. Agatha substituted her with "Mrs Hart" and it cost her her life. So likely Rio Vidal (Aubrey) is pissed that her scissormate ,Agatha dumped her. Doesn't that sound like a great premise for an MCU show? Not the Visionquest show that will likely get shit canned because this show is already a massive ratings flop?
Yeah. If she is Death she is way beyond just being a witch.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Haven't watched it but the numbers they put out are bad. There are reporters/journalist that think its just as good as the Acolyte. They compare it to a massive failure. Its crazy how dumb these people are

They say the numbers are amazing and then compare it to the Acolyte. These people really do spew out garbage and don't even know what they're talking about

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Haven't watched it but the numbers they put out are bad. There are reporters/journalist that think its just as good as the Acolyte. They compare it to a massive failure. Its crazy how dumb these people are

They say the numbers are amazing and then compare it to the Acolyte. These people really do spew out garbage and don't even know what they're talking about
It's not even comparable to Acolyte. Acolyte premiere was 11m over 5 days. This was 9m over 7 days. That's much worse and Acolyte was cancelled.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
is josh brolin gonna come in and simp from the dead somehow?
Better.

She'll TELL them how he's on the Other Side simping so hard for her.

And all the faggots into this winemom of a show will be like, "OMG CANNONS U GUISE"

tiresome.gif

Caliane

yeah, shes mistress Death as retarded as that is. She literally wearing the outfit with the dagger in the "Death" tarot card.

"take my power" "that would kill me"

no idea why Death is so weak, acting so out of character. why she would give any shit about any of this. weird lesbian shit.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>

Reports i saw said while the viewership is less than acolyte, this show only cost 30mil to make vs the 200mil they wasted on acolyte so even with less viewers its doing much better.

Not that that means anything, this is a miniseries so it's not going to get cancelled or get a second season. They'd still let this run it's course with 5 viewers per week.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Reports i saw said while the viewership is less than acolyte, this show only cost 30mil to make vs the 200mil they wasted on acolyte so even with less viewers its doing much better.

Not that that means anything, this is a miniseries so it's not going to get cancelled or get a second season. They'd still let this run it's course with 5 viewers per week.
30 million is straight up bullshit Paul Tassi pulled out of his ass. None of these D+ shows come in under 100 million. Supposedly Echo was cheap too, but there is no link to that either. More bullshit to cover Disney ass

Sevens

Log Wizard
30 million is straight up bullshit Paul Tassi pulled out of his ass. None of these D+ shows come in under 100 million. Supposedly Echo was cheap too, but there is no link to that either. More bullshit to cover Disney ass
I don't really do the high finance / stock market scene but...
Since Disney is a public company don't they have to post / release all the financial information for the company to the public?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Since Disney is a public company don't they have to post / release all the financial information for the company to the public?
They do when their shows are filmed in the UK, they get a 30 % discount ,but they have to disclose their budget. that's how we know the budget of the Acolyte. Lesley Headland said in an interview that the budget of the show was 180 million dollars. But either she misspoke and meant to say pounds or maybe she just said 180 million and somebody assumed she meant dollars or she's a straight up liar.

Echo and Agatha were both filmed in the US, which means we only have their word on what their shows actually cost, but they haven't said. 30 or ,40 million is just some arbitrary number and not based on any official release details.
It doesn't make sense that a D+ show filmed in UK is 200 million while the same show filmed in the US costs 40 million and they would still continue to film in the UK, even with a discount

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Do you think they are fudging the numbers to recoup some of the money they spent on the initial IP?

Like if they spent 1 billion to acquire the IP or whatever maybe they are adding a part of that into the production budget of each show to try to write down some of that initial purchase? It doesn't make any sense for the acolyte to cost so much with no name actors and low production values. The sets and outfits look cheap and dumb. Obi-Wan looked much better, it was just ruined by the ghetto jedi.

I am not an accountant. And I won't watch this show unless we get a confirmed shot of Aubrey Plazas butthole.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just Chuk stuff. Dude is the Alex Jones of Disney conspiracies.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just Chuk stuff. Dude is the Alex Jones of Disney conspiracies.
I didn't make any of this up. You can check for yourself. And it's not a conspiracy to say these numbers don't match up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Do you think they are fudging the numbers to recoup some of the money they spent on the initial IP?

Like if they spent 1 billion to acquire the IP or whatever maybe they are adding a part of that into the production budget of each show to try to write down some of that initial purchase? It doesn't make any sense for the acolyte to cost so much with no name actors and low production values. The sets and outfits look cheap and dumb. Obi-Wan looked much better, it was just ruined by the ghetto jedi.

I am not an accountant. And I won't watch this show unless we get a confirmed shot of Aubrey Plazas butthole.
If I had to guess as to why time after time Disney is caught juggling their numbers, it's to puff up their valuation in stocks. Disney used to be at 150 per share. I thinks at 80 now. They've been hemorrhaging money for years since the launch of D+. They're like 11 billion dollars in the hole. And for various reasons their slide continues.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If aubry just replayed the exact same character she played in legion, that would be cool with me.