Ahsoka

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
lol, it's like if the original trilogy started with ROTJ and didn't tell you why they needed to rescue Han or anything else

There has been nothing so far to say who Ezra is, why he's important (both to plot and characters), how he got where he is etc

Even now, they're only just explaining to casuals the backstory of Ahsoka

It's not like the backstory of what you're looking isn't readily available, go watch Rebels.

I can see why a show targeted at 9 year olds is appealing to you.

So you're investing time complaining about a show targeting 9 year olds?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah didn't you all know that animation isn't a valid art form unless it involves tentacles raping huge boobed women...??

Go back to your swamp ya troll

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm not going to quote all of you, but boo fucking hoo. How much backstory do you need?

Enough to understand why any of this shit matters.

At the very minimum, at least enough to understand why finding Ezra Bridger is important. Its never addressed in any meaningful way in 7 episodes. So what I guess is supposed to be an amazing moment for viewers ends up being a wet fart like someone said. I dont care about Ezra Bridger because I still dont know who he is or why he matters. Thats something that show had 7 episodes to address and it... didn't.

The characters aren't byproducts of woke bias and the story is great, I'm happy enough to take that at this point given what they did with Obi Wan.

Bunch of "spoon feed me everything" motherfuckers, I swear.

I dont need to be spoonfed everything. I just need to be fed at least the basics. And that doesnt happen because the excuse is "gO wAtCh tEh kArTooNz"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't hate the show at all and specifically said that I am enjoying it. This perception that any criticism is a personal condemnation of something you like or judgement is inane. It is 100% possible to enjoy something while also identifying short comings and opportunities for improvement, and to want it to succeed. All while deriving enjoyment from the good parts.

Respecting the (new) viewer != "spoon feed me everything" and that is a ridiculous straw man to build.

There was an opportunity here to introduce these characters, characters that have a long and incredible backstory, to a new audience and have us interested in their past and their futures within the franchise. It is my opinion that Filoni was so enamored and excited about the opportunity to continue his work that he forgot the section of Star Wars audience that had not watched Clone Wars or Rebels. And that is totally understandable and respectable, he's obviously very close and passionate about it. But sometimes you miss the forest for the trees and this, to me, is one of those times.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Enough to understand why any of this shit matters.

At the very minimum, at least enough to understand why finding Ezra Bridger is important. Its never addressed in any meaningful way in 7 episodes. So what I guess is supposed to be an amazing moment for viewers ends up being a wet fart like someone said. I dont care about Ezra Bridger because I still dont know who he is or why he matters. Thats something that show had 7 episodes to address and it... didn't.

I dont need to be spoonfed everything. I just need to be fed at least the basics. And that doesnt happen because the excuse is "gO wAtCh tEh kArTooNz"

Did the show need to provide a backstory for C3PO and Leia Organa, or the signifiance of Light Sabers and what Jedi are too?

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Did the show need to provide a backstory for C3PO and Leia Organa, or the signifiance of Light Sabers and what Jedi are too?

I'm glad you bring this up because I didn't need to "gO wAtCh tEh kArTooNz" to understand any of that. Weird, huh?

Yet to understand this show I need to watch something like 150 episodes of shitty cartoons written for 7 year olds.

Something for you to think about.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I don't hate the show at all and specifically said that I am enjoying it. This perception that any criticism is a personal condemnation of something you like or judgement is inane. It is 100% possible to enjoy something while also identifying short comings and opportunities for improvement, and to want it to succeed. All while deriving enjoyment from the good parts.

Respecting the (new) viewer != "spoon feed me everything" and that is a ridiculous straw man to build.

There was an opportunity here to introduce these characters, characters that have a long and incredible backstory, to a new audience and have us interested in their past and their futures within the franchise. It is my opinion that Filoni was so enamored and excited about the opportunity to continue his work that he forgot the section of Star Wars audience that had not watched Clone Wars or Rebels. And that is totally understandable and respectable, he's obviously very close and passionate about it. But sometimes you miss the forest for the trees and this, to me, is one of those times.

You can enjoy something and still complain about it, yes. You chose to characterize it as a show catered to 9 year olds as an attempt to diminutize it when addressing my post, and then you go off on another rant about character introduction and history lol.

Revisit the OG Triology for a sec, how many prominent characters existed without any significant background storytelling? What the fuck is a Chewbacca or a Han Solo? What planet is Luke on when we see him, how did he get there? Who is Darth Vader? What the hell happened to make him evil?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I'm glad you bring this up because I didn't need to "gO wAtCh tEh kArTooNz" to understand any of that. Weird, huh?

Yet to understand this show I need to watch something like 150 episodes of shitty cartoons written for 7 year olds.

Something for you to think about.

Lol go watch them, the beginning of both series are a bit slow but as the story builds, it's an enjoyable experience. The end of both series is worth the build up.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You can enjoy something and still complain about it, yes. You chose to characterize it as a show catered to 9 year olds as an attempt to diminutize it when addressing my post, and then you go off on another rant about character introduction and history lol.

That was the cartoon, sorry, not Ahsoka. I was trying to make a subtle insult lol and it didn't work. :D

The Cartoon was TV-14 and Y-7 so I just picked 9.

Our son is 5 and I'm definitely going to try and get him in to them. That will be a great opportunity for me to finally see it. Maybe now or in the next year or so. He follows along with Spidey and Friends, Bluey, and Paw Patrol.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Lol go watch them, the beginning of both series are a bit slow but as the story builds, it's an enjoyable experience. The end of both series is worth the build up.

Like I mentioned several times before, I tried watching the cartoons.

THEY. FUCKING. SUCK.

• 1Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Like I mentioned several times before, I tried watching the cartoons.

THEY. FUCKING. SUCK.

IN THE BEGINNING THEY DO, THE DEVELOPING STORY IS WORTH INVESTING YOUR TIME INTO.

The final episode of the Clone Wars series is cinematic and 100% worth watching on its own because it provides a good parallel to Episode 3 of the Prequels.

If you suffer through the 200 seasons in Clone Wars, the finale is pretty emotional and worth it.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
If you suffer through the 200 seasons in Clone Wars,

1695829882500.png

I shouldnt have to suffer through anything! its supposed to be entertainment!

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I only wikipedia and youtube certain parts of Clone Wars and Rebels to understand the backstory. That helped immensely for my understanding of Ahsoka and my emotional investment.

Even with that knowledge, I still feel this show dragged shit out too long.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
That was the cartoon, sorry, not Ahsoka. I was trying to make a subtle insult lol and it didn't work. :D

The Cartoon was TV-14 and Y-7 so I just picked 9.

Our son is 5 and I'm definitely going to try and get him in to them. That will be a great opportunity for me to finally see it. Maybe now or in the next year or so. He follows along with Spidey and Friends, Bluey, and Paw Patrol.

Clone Wars and Rebels both start off catering to a younger audience but the art, story, and characters mature a lot over time and it becomes much more adult oriented.

Clone Wars spends a lot of time visiting the various planets, new characters (that you later see in Mando/Fett/Rebels), existing characters, the Emperor's plot, Jedi lore, Sith lore, and most importantly, Anakin's transformation over time. Clone Wars does Anakin a lot of justice by making him a respectable character vs what we see in the Prequels. All of it comes together in the final episode and it's just insane.

Rebels starts off feeling a bit disconnected because you have literally no idea who any of these people are minus a few characters, but they are a Rebel sect that tells its own story vs fighting the Empire. Then it merges with the existing Star Wars characters from the trilogies and Clone Wars.

I would say watching both would make you a much more well-rounded fan and would bring a lot more satisfaction given the amount of story and hole-plugging they do.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Clone Wars and Rebels both start off catering to a younger audience but the art, story, and characters mature a lot over time and it becomes much more adult oriented.

Clone Wars spends a lot of time visiting the various planets, new characters (that you later see in Mando/Fett/Rebels), existing characters, the Emperor's plot, Jedi lore, Sith lore, and most importantly, Anakin's transformation over time. Clone Wars does Anakin a lot of justice by making him a respectable character vs what we see in the Prequels. All of it comes together in the final episode and it's just insane.

Rebels starts off feeling a bit disconnected because you have literally no idea who any of these people are minus a few characters, but they are a Rebel sect that tells its own story vs fighting the Empire. Then it merges with the existing Star Wars universe from the trilogies and Clone Wars.

I would say watching both would make you a much more well-rounded fan and would bring a lot more satisfaction given the amount of story and hole-plugging they do.

Im gonna watch this last Clone Wars episode based on you neckbearding all over it, so you better not mislead me.

if it looks like it has any potential, I might go back and watch the rest of the series.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Im gonna watch this last Clone Wars episode based on you neckbearding all over it, so you better not mislead me.

if it looks like it has any potential, I might go back and watch the rest of the series.

Clone Wars - Season 7 Episodes 11 & 12 for the Finale.

Those both lean into Order 66 and the Betrayal.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I can see why a show targeted at 9 year olds is appealing to you.

If its a show for 9 year olds why are you watching it and running to the internet to talk about it?

Looking to find someone to Groom? - Major Pedo vibes