Albion Online

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to be playing in this beta but super casually. Just want to come up with a plan for launch and maybe meet some people.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
game is for pvpers strictly, the pve difficulty is nonexistant and just there for something to pvp over

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya, making this game mobile was fucking retarded. The only redeeming quality of it that I like is that it has MOBA-esque PvP ala HotS/LoL.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Trying to figure out if there is a way to transfer my account access if it comes to pass that I don't want to play the game. Anyone had any success with it?

Not talking selling characters or anything just straight up transferring the 30USD account to someone else.

Just doing the leg work on this since this is my first beta and from what I can see the game is just super basic, like 5 dollar app basic. Maybe I change my mind in the beta but so far nothing is super impressive and if I am in for a grindy grind grind game I'll stick with BDO.

Swagdaddy

its incredibly grindy, enough to make a korean blush

run my friend

quickly

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
This beta is going to last a "few months"? Fuck they are stretching the shit out of this.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Caveat: I haven't played this, I'll give it a whirl when I'm allowed in in a bit and report back. But from my perspective, they took a mixture of idealistic elements from Eve and gameplay elements from LoL.

All games are grindy if you define it as "the path to get the best shit ever." It's a full loot open world PVP game ala Eve. Near as I can tell, it has similar safe zone design as Eve, too.

No one is going to grind endlessly, put on full BiS, and go pvp with it. Soloists will wear what they're comfortable with losing, guilds will wear what their doctrine calls for (also informed by what the guild is comfortable losing.) 100 percent of items in this game are crafted. Attrition from battle will keep the economy healthy and carebear activities in demand.

Any longevity in this game will come from: comes from enjoying fighting with your guildmates to hold territory, or the meta-aspects of politics (diplomacy, treachery, etc etc), or ganking people, or getting loot without getting ganked.

RoyalAssassin

Molten Core Raider
I assumed it was a wood chopping simulator. *shrug*

Whats the end goal in this game?

is it just solid PvP?

Say I get the bestest best gear in the game, do I just wait til I'm zerged down and then lose the gear I worked on?

trying to find motivation to play the copy that was gifted to me and it just seems like a super dumbed down version of BDO combat combined with an ultra dumbed down graphics engine.

Swagdaddy

basically insead of moba heroes you have your weapons/armors that decide your abilities

you can only have a few abilities at a time, and the variety of roles and weapons is definitely there

and you can carry multiple with you at a time if you like to switch it up on the fly

my biggest complaint is the balancing issues, where a few weapons always seem to be miles ahead of the rest

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks, it is roaming pvp ? Is it more like Archeage or Shadowbane or more like GW2 WvW or Daoc ?

Swagdaddy

The comparison to EVE here is not really good, in the safe zones in albion the safe zone resources are so poor and useless that no one would ever choose to gather or farm there past their first day or two

low level resources are damn near useless due to their constant availability

Swagdaddy

Thanks, it is roaming pvp ? Is it more like Archeage or Shadowbane or more like GW2 WvW or Daoc ?

mixed elements of all I would say you can hold lands which give you guild bonuses and resource bonuses which are cool but those are only 5v5 fights

the best comparison would have to be shadowbane, alot of the time your just looking for people you dont like all oer the world to kill

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
For those of us that are lazy or don't want to spend hours on the website or wiki can we get a summary?

Is it fun?
PvE or all PvP? Good mix?
I saw the pictures looked MOBA style, seems refreshing honestly from the behind the head angle of other MMOs so I'm interested. Is it technically an MMO? or more like MOBA where 10ish people log in a "game"?

Worth the 30$?

Swagdaddy

yes it most definitely was worth my 30$ last test

I was in an active guild that was part of an alliance vs alliance war which included daily 50v50 war camp field combat with aoes blasting everywhere or just going to pve dungeons to gank people grinding exp

if you're a fan of full loot grief pvp, are not poor (there is some pay to stay relevant if you cant play hardcore) , and find moba combat enjoyable you might like this game

in fact im starting to feel if they get the weapon balance shit in order this game could be very good for me and my fellow red99 EQ pvp refugees

Just remember all of my opinions are from an old school mmo loot pvp perspective and preference, I know that's not a big population

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahh, thanks for the perspective. So it's pretty much impossible to play it PvE style and optionally join PvP? I can be ganked in a dungeon or whatever? That sucks, but maybe I will still try. I've just never been a fan of PvP in this style(or in iPhone games, etc).

The only PvP I got in to was the MOBA style, because, baring some minor exceptions, every starts each game on a level playing field. I just don't find it fun being level 5 getting 1-shot by level 50 rogues all day while trying to explore or do something. I'm old with limited time lol.

For 30$ though maybe I will try it. When does the official release come out? I couldn't find it on the website.

Swagdaddy

Don't confuse my suggestion I said it is MOBA style combat, but obviously as a MMORPG it has grinding and levels/skills where as usual per the genre people who no life will significantly have an advantage on you

I'm just saying it's alot more skill based than most MMO's because it still retains alot of elements from the MOBA genre where you can how you say out play people based on reaction speed, better distance judgements, more appropriate CD ability usage timings, etc

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool, picked up the cheap pack which let's me start tomorrow. Not sure it's my type of game but it does look neat and worth a try. I just wish it were more PvE ;)

It did let me make a character even though I can't play yet. I'm NINIYA in game if anyone wants to look me up