Alien: Covenant (2017)

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Just for the record, "everything else" has been two films and while both have been disappointing, I'm willing to give someone a bit of slack simply because of how great District 9 was.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Uhh Prometheus was just god fucking awful. Down right stupid.

He should of known better.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
damn! And i thought nolan fanboys were bad lol
Bloomkamp is m night shimakajsdlkjakl v 2.0 but worse than to have him as Alien 5 director, is the movie itself.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Uhh Prometheus was just god fucking awful. Down right stupid.

He should of known better.
Agreed, but The movie was originally called Alien:Engineers and was supposed to be the reboot of the Alien Franchise. Half way through the film the studios producers wanted to make a the movie a stand alone franchise and renamed it Prometheus and cut out all the face huggers and aliens and stuff that was in the original script. Ridley Scott didn't have much say in that afterwards as he was contracted to the film.

Not making any excuses but that movie had a ton of studio meddling and it really shows when you look at the bullshit plot that looks like it was tied together from two separate movies. You can see it clearly when they show a full grown evolved alien on a cave drawing but then at the end the supposed it "Proto" alien looks totally different.

The writer of the movie actually released his originalscript online before they removed all the aliens I"ll see if I can find it.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The Trailer for Prometheus was down right amazing. I choose to consider the trailer the actual first film and ignore the Feature length version

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just for the record, "everything else" has been two films and while both have been disappointing, I'm willing to give someone a bit of slack simply because of how great District 9 was.
no, you cannot. In honest interviews he said Elysium was ass, we believed him and gave him props for his honesty. He said Chappie is the film he wanted to make. Chappie is shit, it is Short Circuit with wiggers, wtf. We don't want none of that shit, also we probably don't want any input from S.Weaver either, everything bad w/ Alien3/4 were seemingly ideas she wanted put in, so no, no S.Weaver collaboration either.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Found it

http://movieviral.com/viralcast/Alien-Engineers.pdf

Tldrs Much better

• First Act is the same until they get to the planet.
  • The planet is actually LV-426 from the first and second movies.
  • They go into the Engineer Spaceship and the two guys run off like in the movie, They don't find random jars of goo the two guys do die from a Snake/Centipede thing.
  • The man scientist doesn't get infected by David he falls down a hole and gets facehugged by a White-Facehugger. Then he goes back to his ship and dies when a Proto alien comes out.
  • David goes rogue as he gains AI when he taps into the engineers advanced computers.
  • David locks down the human ship and leaves into the engineer ship while the Proto alien kills people.
  • David finds girl scientist still inside the alien ship and drags her to a holding bay with Genetically altered Versions of the proto aliens(These are the ones we see in the other movies) and he has her get facehugged.
  • He explains that for some reason the Engineers are coming back to earth to kill the humans and they made the perfect human killing organism to do it, unfortunately they break loose and kill them.
  • Female scientist goes into the fancy medpod from the movie and it saves her life while the alien bursts out of her. She is trapped inside the pod for 8 hours while it grows and murders someone. She is able to kill it.
  • The rest of the crew find David in the control room of the alien ship and watch as he wakes up a engineer who was in cryosleep. like in the movie the engineer kills David and tries to take the ship to earth.
  • Like in the movie one of the two guys who originally died to the snake come back to life and are like half human half alien hybrids. One actually kills an alien then gets shot but manages to kill the bitch woman from the movie. No old Weyland subplot here.
  • The ship takes off but the engineer dies mid step and falls over, apparently he was frozen because he had an alien in him an ULTRAMORPH bursts out of him, giving us three stages of aliens in this movie.
  • Female scientist and the head of david kill the ultramorph by tossing it into an ore processor and the crew on the human ship find a way to kamikaze into the engineer ship.
  • Female scientist and head of david play chess in a life raft like in the movie waiting for someone to rescue them either human or engineer.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
no, you cannot. In honest interviews he said Elysium was ass, we believed him and gave him props for his honesty. He said Chappie is the film he wanted to make. Chappie is shit, it is Short Circuit with wiggers, wtf. We don't want none of that shit, also we probably don't want any input from S.Weaver either, everything bad w/ Alien3/4 were seemingly ideas she wanted put in, so no, no S.Weaver collaboration either.
Well, I can do whatever I want. Elysium and Chappie were shitty. District 9 is one of the best sci fi movies ever made. I was mostly just wanting to point out the small sample size.

Sterling

El Presidente
The good one is American Gangster and of course Alien and Blade Runner are his best movies.
Gladiator and Thelma and Louise are so-so. The rest is garbage
Might be the first person I'm aware of that considers Blackhawk Down to be garbage. Seriously?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well, I can do whatever I want. Elysium and Chappie were shitty. District 9 is one of the best sci fi movies ever made. I was mostly just wanting to point out the small sample size.
small sample size? do you need more? you know who had a sample size of 3 and then it was all shit?
thx1138
american grafitti
star wars iv
star wars i
star wars ii
star wars iii

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
small sample size? do you need more? you know who had a sample size of 3 and then it was all shit?
thx1138
american grafitti
star wars iv
star wars i
star wars ii
star wars iii
Yes. George Lucas proves that once any director follows up a good movie with consecutive bad ones, all of their following will be shit. Sound logic.

And District 9 is better than any of those.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Might be the first person I'm aware of that considers Blackhawk Down to be garbage. Seriously?
Yes. I know for americans is a very special movie due to what happened in Somalia but for me...it's all the same, i've seen that kind of movie so many times.

Yes. George Lucas proves that once any director follows up a good movie with consecutive bad ones, all of their following will be shit. Sound logic.

And District 9 is better than any of those.
"And District 9 is better than any of those." even better than Star Wars?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not someone that dislikes the original trilogy and I definitely think Empire is a legit good movie, but yes, I think that much of District 9.

Szlia

Are we talking about that movie where exposure to rocket fuel turns humans into aliens? The one that starts like a mockumentary, but forgets all about it after 20 min? I am just making sure, because that movie was not very good. It was original though.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yes. I know for americans is a very special movie due to what happened in Somalia but for me...it's all the same, i've seen that kind of movie so many times.
It isn't really about the historical relevance of the movie. I just think it's an awesomely crafted movie.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Chappie and Elysium weren't good, for sure. But they weren't the worst thing ever, either. Just not what we wanted, not up to the potential shown by District 9. He could still have the stuff, I'll give him some rope.

Ridley made fucking Blade Runner, you can all fuck right off with shit talking him. Even Babe Ruth had slumps.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm not someone that dislikes the original trilogy and I definitely think Empire is a legit good movie, but yes, I think that much of District 9.
If you honestly believe that fucking District 9 is better than Star Wars you should kill yourself. And Ridley Scott has done enough great movies that he can get a pass on several bad ones.