Alien: Covenant (2017)

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
The other thing about Ridley Scott is even his shitty movies look amazing. The guy is an artist first and a story teller second I think.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yes. I know for americans is a very special movie due to what happened in Somalia but for me...it's all the same, i've seen that kind of movie so many times.
In terms of depicting urban warfare its probably the most realistic and close to life movie out there. Pretty much everything after it has been absolute garbage and just downright retarded, 100% unrealistic(looking at you hurtlocker).

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you honestly believe that fucking District 9 is better than Star Wars you should kill yourself. And Ridley Scott has done enough great movies that he can get a pass on several bad ones.
I don't know. The guy is really pushing by making several bad movies in a row.

Sterling

El Presidente
He can make 100 bad movies, it won't change the fact that he made 3 masterpieces and several other excellent movies early on. I also have reasonably high hopes for The Martian.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I'm going to say something that sounds pretty blasphemous, but District 9 and Blade Runner are very comparable movies with the exception that D9 has a Hollywood feel good ending.

Edit: actually come to think of it, the theatrical version of Blade Runner doesn't even have that leg up.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'm going to say something that sounds pretty blasphemous, but District 9 and Blade Runner are very comparable movies with the exception that D9 has a Hollywood feel good ending.

Edit: actually come to think of it, the theatrical version of Blade Runner doesn't even have that leg up.
Blade runner is in the top 3 Sci Fi movies of all time in my opinion district 9 doesn't even make my top 10

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Sci fi in general? because there are some sub genres in sci fi
Generally yes, but in subgenres Blade Runner is the best Cyber Punk movie ever made. Alien is the best Sci-Fi Horror, 2001 a space oddesy is the best "Hard" Science Fiction.

They would be my top three under the umbrella of Sci Fi.

ohkcrlho

Generally yes, but in subgenres Blade Runner is the best Cyber Punk movie ever made. Alien is the best Sci-Fi Horror, 2001 a space oddesy is the best "Hard" Science Fiction.

They would be my top three under the umbrella of Sci Fi.
and Aliens is the best sci fi action imo

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
2001 a space oddesy is the best "Hard" Science Fiction
tumblr_mzs2jjziTs1r4teu1o1_400.gif

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
God, why the fuck did they change the script? Who thought "no, this new shit is way better" for fuck's sake? Kill that person.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Almost impossible to do a top 5 list of best sci fi movies but mine would be:
1) Star Wars (counting the original trilogy together as #1)
2) 2001: A Space Odyssey
3) Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
4) Aliens
5) Close Encounters of the Third Kind

ohkcrlho

Almost impossible to do a top 5 list of best sci fi movies but mine would be:
1) Star Wars (counting the original trilogy together as #1)
2) 2001: A Space Odyssey
3) Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan
4) Aliens
5) Close Encounters of the Third Kind
No Alien....really?!?!?

Caliane

I don't even know if I could make a list. I think you'd need to break the genres down a bit.
like.. science fantasy of starwars, probably should be its own category. Starwars, timebandits, Flash Gordon, Ice pirates, etc..
Bladerunner, Alien, Aliens, Contact, twelve monkeys, primer, etc for sci fi.

I mean really how do you make a top 5 or 10?
IMDb: Highest Rated Sci-Fi Feature Films With At Least 1,000 Votes
Back to the future, the thing, blade runner, Brazil, moon, etc..."

not even counting animated, like Metroplis, Nausicaa, Ghost in the Shell, Akira..

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Close Encounters of the Third Kind is such an old dude give away. Where is The Day the Earth Stood Still on your list grandpa?
Kinda ironic coming from some dude named The Ancient. I would add Contact to that list. I know it doesn't have enough action for this message board, but it is a great Sci-fi film.

However i have one we can all agree on. The Fifth Element.