Alien: Covenant (2017)

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Cruising around in space ship, some space stuff happens, "Hey look over there"
DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!

go to different plant than planned, not sure if this needs to be spoilered or not
In the pipe 5 by 5 :)
Black goo from seed pod thingies
People start dying, shooting at stuff and kaboom goes the lander.
David rolls in to save the day, hey come check out my cool pad bitches
Early version of a Xeno (white) attacks, David tries to buddy up and it gets blown away, tears from david... he was my friend sob...
Get a lift back to big arse space ship after killing a xeno (classic Black).
oh no, there's another one...
Lets blast it out the airlock :) ... stuff happens
crew that's left go into hyper sleep on the way to the original plant.
End

Bio hazard suits, fucking come on guys. New plant and shit, you don't know what's out there.
Flying into the biggest storm you can find ... idiot.
White Xeno's are born almost fully formed.
Bullets don't hurt the White xeno's at first but then later pew pew dead.
Black Xeno is BORN FULLY FORMED.... WTF
I don't know who the chick was in the med bay who was the host?
last fight was a bit lame.

Oldbased

> Than U
Cruising around in space ship, some space stuff happens, "Hey look over there"
DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT!!!!!!!

go to different plant than planned, not sure if this needs to be spoilered or not
In the pipe 5 by 5 :)
Black goo from seed pod thingies
People start dying, shooting at stuff and kaboom goes the lander.
David rolls in to save the day, hey come check out my cool pad bitches
Early version of a Xeno (white) attacks, David tries to buddy up and it gets blown away, tears from david... he was my friend sob...
Get a lift back to big arse space ship after killing a xeno (classic Black).
oh no, there's another one...
Lets blast it out the airlock :) ... stuff happens
crew that's left go into hyper sleep on the way to the original plant.
End

Bio hazard suits, fucking come on guys. New plant and shit, you don't know what's out there.
Flying into the biggest storm you can find ... idiot.
White Xeno's are born almost fully formed.
Bullets don't hurt the White xeno's at first but then later pew pew dead.
Black Xeno is BORN FULLY FORMED.... WTF
I don't know who the chick was in the med bay who was the host?
last fight was a bit lame.
One question.
I know the name of the planet they had PLANNED on going to. The question is if the planet they actually up on is LV-426 AKA Aliens colony planet.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Not sure, it's not stated as LV-426
Which brings more questions as to how the ALIENS got to LV-426
David takes control of the colony ship so there is no knowing where he goes... Prefect setup for the next movie

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Just saw it

I am a Alien fan and my favourite movie of all time is Aliens.

First feeling is that - I didn't like it.

It seems like a mish mash of Alien, Aliens and Prometheus.

So. Many. Dumb. Scientists. Jesus Christ, are they exclusive to Alien prequel movies?

I dunno man, I really wanted to like this movie but my initial feeling walking out of the cinema was disappointment.

My rating is 5/10

Jive Turkey

Karen
Maybe in the future there are no production jobs anymore because everything is automated, so the dumbasses that used to seal the cellophane in the ham sandwich factory had to all move into the sciences

Oldbased

> Than U
It would take a select group of people to want to sleep 20 years and be isolated away from everything and everyone they knew to be stuck on an mostly uninhabitable world for the rest of their lives.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
That is called Adventure Olebass.
The same thing happened on Earth hundreds of years ago when crazy guys got on a boat to find the new world.

Oldbased

> Than U
That is called Adventure Olebass.
The same thing happened on Earth hundreds of years ago when crazy guys got on a boat to find the new world.
Not the same thing by any means. I get the explorer and adventure. There is a difference between grabbing your family and shipping across an ocean unknown on a perfectly livable world to get away from the euro politics and ruffians at the time than getting on a one way metal can and sleeping so long that when you wake up most people you knew are dead or dying and you will be on a planet that is still building an atmosphere you can't even live in.
It's admirable but the same time an element of crazy is involved. Have you ever looked at some of the people who applied to the Mars program the past few years? Most of them are Bill Nye level nutty.

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
"Have you ever looked at some of the people who applied to the Mars program the past few years? Most of them are Bill Nye level nutty."
No I haven't but I would have assumed that anyway, or attention whores.

"It seems like a mish mash of Alien, Aliens and Prometheus."
Yup I agree.
"So. Many. Dumb. Scientists. Jesus Christ, are they exclusive to Alien prequel movies?"
Nope, who stuck their face in the egg in ALIEN? there are dumbarse characters in all the movies

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
Don't look, not a spoiler really but it's about what's NOT in the movie
I think the dinner scene (minus the choking) should have been in the movie.
And the trip that Shaw and David took should also have been in it somehow.

These additions would have made it a lot better I think.
Directors cut maybe?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds like this artwork at my local movie theater is better than the movie?

IMG_7743.JPG

Szlia

It is a lot better than Prometheus (which is not saying much), but it feels more like a spin off than a main line Alien movie as it is mainly about a "what if" scenario. You still get the religious bullshit on the side and a gooey center of philosophical babble, you also get the weirdest penis jokes ever. Other than the aforementioned retarded scientists (slightly less retarded than in Prometheus - there is no one trying to pet weird extraterrestrial life forms with sharp teeths or guys supposed to map the place who get lost...) a big issue with the movie is that there are way too many characters and as such they don't have time to properly establish any of them which in turn gives very little weight to their struggles.... The full title of the original Alien in french was Alien: The Eighth Passenger. So a crew of 7 with one who dies at the beginning. Here they start at 15!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Yes...Aliens is a great movie but not better than Alien.
Debateable. They were actually very far apart in style and filming from each other. It is perfectly acceptable to like both and/or either one over the other.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users