All things Brandon Sanderson

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Note that Shadows of Self came out today... It snuck up on me until it popped up on my phone. What a pleasant way to wake up, more Mistborn!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the heads up! Guess I should finish the book I've been slacking on so I can read this

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Felt like I read it too fast after finishing...
It seems another shard, Autonomy, is going after Harmony. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out in a few months. I guess the the new world hopper is Iyatil, the 'Visitor' encountered by the Shardpool from WoR

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked it, but thought it was not one of his best. Did not enjoy it as much as the stormlight ones. Probably on par with the latest reckoners IMO.

I did get to feel a bit smug when I found I'd nailed the major plot twist several years before he actually wrote the book though.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've never been that enthusiastic about the mistborn stuff, though I'll get to this one eventually, but if you disparage reckoners again I shall have to fight you to defend its honor.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finished Shadows of Self and happened to tap the twitter link at the end only to find out Sanderson is giving a talk right now at a theater a couple miles away. Wish I had seen that earlier *sigh*

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks for posting that link. I didn't realize the Shadows of Self will be the first of three books with Alloy of Law more like a prequel. I am glad he is postponing the third book until after book 3 of Stormlight.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just finished Shadows of Self and really enjoyed it, though I've always been a big fan of mistborn. While it maybe isn't as good as the Stormlight books, I really love the whole allomancy/feruchamy system and the characters in the books. I'm really excited to see how it goes, especially with the end of Shadows of Self and
the hints towards it linking up with the greater cosmere.
I'm also really excited about Sanderon's plan in the link Gnomedolf posted above - a third mistborn trilogy thats potentially a space opera with metal magic and? Sounds like it could be amazing if Sanderson pulls it off right. And in general seeing how all of these series play together, as again, in the link above, it seems like all of these books take place over a vast timeline and yet are all still linked together.

I also thought Hoid showing up briefly as the carriage driver was a nice touch. The only thing lacking from this new arc so far in my opinion is full blown mistborns, though I can't imagine one won't show up at some point. Having allomancers/feruchamists and even a few with one of each like the main characters is nice, but it lacks the awesomeness of the original trilogy that we got with Kelsier and Vin who got to do all the cool shit.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I also thought Hoid showing up briefly as the carriage driver was a nice touch. The only thing lacking from this new arc so far in my opinion is full blown mistborns, though I can't imagine one won't show up at some point. Having allomancers/feruchamists and even a few with one of each like the main characters is nice, but it lacks the awesomeness of the original trilogy that we got with Kelsier and Vin who got to do all the cool shit.
I'm about 2/3 of the way through Shadows, and I had this same thought as well.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
So he just posted this on Twitter/FB. Pretty cool
smile.png

rrr_img_113712.png

I am late to the party, not sure how I missed picking up his work. Just recently started Way of Kings. Excellent so far, I am really excited that I have only scratched the surface. Future reading is looking good!

Seventh

Golden Squire
I'm 3/4 of the way through the latest Mistborn and am having a hard time giving a shit about it. Wax/Wayne are great characters but something about this whole story is just dull. Sanderson is a terrific writer but sometimes his need to cram a dramatic female heroine into every novel just feels way too forced.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah, I haven't touched the new one, but the whole western Mistborn stuff is just dull. It feels like I'm reading an episodic tv show rather than reading a novel series.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think it's definitely worth reading, but there is definitely less emphasis on the magic system than in the original trilogy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Sanderson just tweeted he wrote over 50,000 words into TSA3 this month.. that man is out of control!
OUT OF CONTROL