All things Brandon Sanderson

Needless

Toe Sucker
Rothfuss had donation drives for his charity thing to either play fallout 4 on stream or write... guess what won every single time? lol

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Has there ever been as prolific a writer in the SF&F field? Piers Anthony maybe? But the quality isn't even in the same ballpark.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was hoping for a 2016 release of SA3 but I guess 2017 is looking more likely.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have never read anything from Sanderson, where you would you guys recommend I start?

Keep in mind I have not finished WoT, I think I read up to and including Book 11 and the last 3 are Sanderson...right? I feel like I need to re-read the first 11 before I finish the last 3, I do not remember many of the finer points.

So should I read WoT all over or start with something original of Sanderson?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I personally would do something like

Mistborn trilogy
Elantris and Emperor's Soul
Warbreaker
Stormlight stuff
New Mistborn stuff

Something like that for the cosmere. Steelheart and Firefight are pretty good, but not related to his other works. There are a bunch of short stories out there too

Enob

I had asked that question here a few months ago, as well. I ended up doing chronological order which is the same for both publishing and the Cosmere. It's basically what Slippery posted but throw Elantris before the Mistborn trilogy. As minor as the change was, I would rather have read it in Slip's order. I feel a trilogy gets you "in" to the universe more. Ultimately, it doesn't matter for most of it but I would recommend, no matter what order, to read Stormlight and Mistborn Adventures as the last two for the Cosmere. Stormlight is the first one to really begin drawing more from the other books stories/magic and make connections in the universe, even if it's still tenuous. Mistborn Adventures occurs several hundred years in the future and is the transition work to a new technological era, although still quite stand-alone as the story goes.

Phayd

Bands of Mourning was released today. It is supposed to expand on the greater Cosmere story also. I think he only has 1 more release this year; the final Reckoners novel.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bands-Mour.../dp/B00R697BC8

Looks like he released a novella in conjunction with Bands of Mourning:
Mistborn: Secret History
From Sanderson on reddit:
Hey, all! I wanted to drop in and talk about this one. There are a lot of rumors surrounding this--which I expected. Unfortunately, I was expecting them TOMORROW, as the goal was to have this one come out in secret at the same time as Bands of Mourning.
Before rumors go to far, here are a few notes about the book. (Which clocks in at almost 50k words, so my longest Novella yet.)
1) It WILL have a print edition. It will be included in the Cosmere Short Fiction collection, hopefully out this fall. That should have an audio edition as well, for all the shorts. If you'd rather have a print edition in smaller form, to match the ones I've been doing of things like Emperor's Soul and Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, we'll do one of those eventually too--but probably not until the collection has been out a few years.
2) It is coming out tomorrow, not in February, as listed on the Amazon page. If you pre-ordered it, it should appear for download later tonight.
3) It is a companion story to the original Mistborn trilogy, and is intended to be read after Bands of Mourning. It can be read after Hero of Ages, if you haven't read the new books, but shouldn't be read before the original trilogy as it contains MAJOR SPOILERS for those books. (And a very small one for Bands of Mourning.)
4) It is not the story from the Video Game. (That's a good guess, though, /u/Chimeraruin.) It DOES deal with the larger Cosmere, though not to the extent that the books eventually will. Consider this a push that direction, but it's still mostly a Mistborn book--and focused on characters from the Mistborn world.
The description for it should go up on Amazon/Nook/Kobo/Ibooks etc very soon. But it wont' tell you much more than I just said. Best to go into this one somewhat blind, I'd say, and just enjoy the ride.
EDIT: As of the afternoon day of launch, iBooks and Kobo have the story up for sale. Kindle and Nook are lagging behind.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Finished Bands today...Much better than his last (Shadows of Self). If you were nervous after the last...Don't be, he was back in form. I'll wait until more finish before commenting.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just finished Bands today as well. I liked it a lot...read through it all in 2 days and didn't even realize I was doing it. Really like where the series is headed and there's a few things that are mentioned that make it seem like it's going to really tie into the whole Cosmere.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Reading this finally made me get around to finishing shadows of self. Overall I still thought it was good, though the beginning did drag a bit.

For some god awful reason whisper sync (sync between kindle and audible versions) wasn't available for this, so every time I switched I had to find my place again.

Going to start with bands and then hit up the novella. Then wait impatiently for the next storm light archive book. Hopefully he puts out a guide to the cosmere eventually

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Bands was good. I really like the Wax and Wayne books, getting one more of those. The character interactions are so fun, nice change of pace for the Mistborn Series.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
On another, I HIGHLY recommend you read the novella that just came out too, Mistborn: Secret History. It has some MAJOR implications not only for the mistborn series but for all of his series'.

Spoilers for the novella and Bands:

That bombshell at the end of Secret History where it matches the end of Bands of Mourning. Kelsier is clearly alive, and I can't wait to see where he ties in to the new books. Also all that cosmere info was awesome, even if it's just all pieces and hints. There's clearly some shit going on that we aren't aware of, and which spans far more than just the mistborn setting.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Go for Bands. As I understand it, Secret History is a supplement.