Alliance: Heroes of the Spire

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Hah sorry Palum - hard to keep track of who is who. I'll free up a slot if you want to re-app

Kaegyn

Molten Core Raider
Any slots available in the alliance?

I started last night after seeing this thread and looking for an alternative to Summoners War.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I finally got two non red starter dude four stars, one out of epic and one out of legendary from a quest or something. This game seems punishing F2P but it's kind of obfuscated by all the free shit. It's like being airdropped chests of gold on a desert island where all you want is some water and food.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man I'm trying but every core I get gives minimum rank hero basically no matter what. Have yet to get anything other than a 3* out of the epic (I think 25 total so far?).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I pulled a 4* Gawain but that is the only one above 3* for me in like 30 pulls. But I've got 8 damn Bears, so Bear Force 4 can be a go.

The summons do seem a little better than the original RNG in Summoner War.

Right now I'm just leveling up a bunch of fodder to get a couple more guys to 5* and continue the quest. And chain running the Elemental dungeon during downtime since I've got over 400 keys.

moai13

Trakanon Raider
Any fleshed out wikis for this? The one I found has entries for 2 characters. I like to nose around and see skills/ art style before diving in.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Unfortunately not yet. There's not many asians playing right now so everything hasn't been figured out and websited yet

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game is kinda dragging. Acquiring good heroes without dumping tons of coin is very slow and putr RNG. There's a ton of stuff I simply can't do without buying access because I've been hosed on which heroes I get.

The game is just very stingy overall, I don't think I'll remember to login of the next event is as unrewarding as the last hero event was.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
No paywall or premium units. The 4* rates feel a little low but it is possible to progress with 3* base units. The game is tough and you will hit walls frequently until your gear and monsters get better

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah I am doing a tiny bit of buying and I am hitting some walls here and there but I finished this event (other than mastery follow on) with around 24 hours to spare.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeah I am doing a tiny bit of buying and I am hitting some walls here and there but I finished this event (other than mastery follow on) with around 24 hours to spare.

I hit 8, got a complete trash unit out of my order/chaos core and stopped. The sheer amount of work you have to put in for one RNG buttfuck after another is aggravating. The fact is that the 'base' game is poorly tuned for F2P without massive luck or passively waiting for a good event or your luck to change. Or wallet to open.

I'll probably keep playing until the next (first?) major patch and I'll see where it's going. It's a solid base game, but the power curve sits significantly above F2P without obscene time commitment and waiting. It's not fun to not even have the possibility of working towards a team to conquer the next story/pve zone (even on standard difficulty) because all the F2P/easy to get heroes are beyond awful in the element and if you don't get at least partially lucky you get fucked. To be fair part of it is just poor hero balance and also lack of synergy. The fact the only way tanks work optimally is putting an OP as fuck OFF color (vulnerable) tank in a team so that the AI prioritizes it (effectively giving it 100% taunt uptime) is just lazy design.

moai13

Trakanon Raider
In summoners war there were some niche 2 star units that were actually useful for a long time. Is this the case here? If so, who? Any 3 star unit's I should focus on/hope to open, generally?

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Red:
Caila (Shieldmaiden) for her heal block A1 and general tankiness + haste + team heal.
Fireclaw (Sabertooth) easy to skill up dots for bosses that have lots of HP but can be debuffed.

Green:
Petra (Golem) for his super tank and self healing + team shielding based off HIS hp.
Shieldmaiden is also a solid green option tank.

Blue:
Lily (Fairy) amazing heal kit, can get through alliance shop buys and easy to skill up.
Shieldmaiden is also a solid blue option tank - and is also used as a fusion material for Gaius (nat5 Green tank)

Those are all 3s. O/C are different - but general rule follows - the Fairies/Sabers/Shieldmaidens are all primo in both Order and Chaos.