Alliance: Heroes of the Spire

Vinlorin

Trakanon Raider
I just requested a spot when i seen your shout in global Aevry Aevry

I'm just staying f2p right now but lvl 25. I'm not the most talkative but i plan on giving it a chance for awhile at least.

If i missed the spot it's cool

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
New update is out, included are referral codes for people. Have at it! Come join our leet-ness.
Referral ID: 62da02772bea46eb87da1832bc74be28

Truehawk

Molten Core Raider
Decided to give this a shot too. Username is jptaz. Requested an invite if you guys have room.

Hi All,

a_skeleton_03 mentioned that this forum had picked up the game and started looking at it. Thanks for playing!

My name is Ryachart. I'm a developer for Alliance: Heroes of the Spire.

There's some good feedback in this thread. I'll try to make sure to check in and see what you all think as you work your way through =).

Also - I've noticed a lot of mention of Summoner's War in the thread. I've mentioned this a few times when I've streamed, but we LOVE Summoners War. We built Alliance: Heroes of the Spire in hopes of keeping everything that we loved about Summoners War and improving some of the major problems we saw with the game.

I hope you guys will keep playing, and I'll try to keep an eye on this thread to answer any questions you might have.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Thank you Ryachart - just the fact that you devs are so engaged has certainly won me over. I really appreciate the time, especially from a mobile game developer.

-- Ive updated the original post with a google sheet where you can test out equipment builds on stats for your units. It's still a WIP for features but it should be fully functional if you guys dont want to swap out gear and regret it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I've been here before, but never created an account. This place goes way back to the original EQ days =)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Oh shit, hi. I'm brutally honest so I take back nothing I said just because you're here, but I will do you the courtesy of being honest in the first place rather than just being an asshole.

Can you comment on the current power curve? It seems like almost all content is gated behind 5* (or large parties of OPish nat 4*) right now, which doesn't make much sense given the game scope past standard diff and 3-4 in specials (elem/set dung).

Also, RE: the microtrans... as someone who has spent a lot in other games, I'm going to be critical here - the value curve is way out of line. People should be able to spend small money and feel like they get something and right now very few special offers come by that offer any kind of value to the occasional spender. For the drop rate of anything not a 3* on epics, those should be free candy almost and the $10 lego core package should be closer to frequent IMO. The fact that you offer $99 packages for mythic shards that don't really warn you that you need to spend 3K to use them (or farm forever) is a huge red flag to me as well.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Tarant - we are full up right now, but we should be having 5 more slots open up once the guild hits level 16. Hang tight until then for a guild spot.

For anyone wanting to join the FOH group in chat, shoot me a friend request in Line app. My tag is aevry-rr or by using the invite link below;

LINE : Free Calls & Messages

Oh shit, hi. I'm brutally honest so I take back nothing I said just because you're here, but I will do you the courtesy of being honest in the first place rather than just being an asshole.

Can you comment on the current power curve? It seems like almost all content is gated behind 5* (or large parties of OPish nat 4*) right now, which doesn't make much sense given the game scope past standard diff and 3-4 in specials (elem/set dung).

Also, RE: the microtrans... as someone who has spent a lot in other games, I'm going to be critical here - the value curve is way out of line. People should be able to spend small money and feel like they get something and right now very few special offers come by that offer any kind of value to the occasional spender. For the drop rate of anything not a 3* on epics, those should be free candy almost and the $10 lego core package should be closer to frequent IMO. The fact that you offer $99 packages for mythic shards that don't really warn you that you need to spend 3K to use them (or farm forever) is a huge red flag to me as well.

First off, say what you want to say. I don't need anything sugar coated.

I did some streams early on talking about the critical 3*s to build early dungeon teams out of. There's also a post on the official forums outlining the critical 3 stars that will take you far. If you're struggling with the campaign or the dungeons (up to floor 5. Floor 6 can require some additional firepower to get consistent autoplay teams, but some are doable with 3s), it's probably something you can work through with the heroes that you have. Try to find a high level player to take a look at your barracks and point you in the right direction (lots of people have done barracks review streams on twitch the last few weeks, or just ask in chat). The majority of the challenges in the game fold pretty easily to a set of nicely developed nat3s. Our lead designer is F2P, so he also knows what the experience is like. The F2P road is definitely longer, but it's still a lot of fun. The other thing I'll say here is that if there is some specific challenge you are facing that you don't think there's a 3-star suitable to handle, please bring it up! We still have plenty of rebalancing and tuning to do to try to smooth that stuff over. It's not perfect.

I don't directly work with the design of the in app purchases (other than to provide feedback about what I do or do not like about them). What I can say about what I know about this industry is that largely what dictates the design of those purchase is results. It's not within my power to tell you if the mythic shards package is doing well or not, so stay tuned to see what happens to the merchandising of the game throughout its life. The shop changes a lot, and the offers are under constant scrutiny and review.

moai13

Trakanon Raider
Hit each other up! e4e52db74be34d1b82cf3d6ad32d49ad Is mine.
Excellent little game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
First off, say what you want to say. I don't need anything sugar coated.

I did some streams early on talking about the critical 3*s to build early dungeon teams out of. There's also a post on the official forums outlining the critical 3 stars that will take you far. If you're struggling with the campaign or the dungeons (up to floor 5. Floor 6 can require some additional firepower to get consistent autoplay teams, but some are doable with 3s), it's probably something you can work through with the heroes that you have. Try to find a high level player to take a look at your barracks and point you in the right direction (lots of people have done barracks review streams on twitch the last few weeks, or just ask in chat). The majority of the challenges in the game fold pretty easily to a set of nicely developed nat3s. Our lead designer is F2P, so he also knows what the experience is like. The F2P road is definitely longer, but it's still a lot of fun. The other thing I'll say here is that if there is some specific challenge you are facing that you don't think there's a 3-star suitable to handle, please bring it up! We still have plenty of rebalancing and tuning to do to try to smooth that stuff over. It's not perfect.

I don't directly work with the design of the in app purchases (other than to provide feedback about what I do or do not like about them). What I can say about what I know about this industry is that largely what dictates the design of those purchase is results. It's not within my power to tell you if the mythic shards package is doing well or not, so stay tuned to see what happens to the merchandising of the game throughout its life. The shop changes a lot, and the offers are under constant scrutiny and review.

When you say 3*, what do you mean? Nat 3* pushed to 5+ or actually beat at 3*? Because I can't imagine anything being killed by actual 3* heroes past the first half of the campaign maps. The problem to me seems to be that the resources dumped into 3* to rank up are generally precious. Ascended mats are not that bad for 3* (the pvp tokens kind of hurt in the beginning) but to me throwing 4* food heroes/wisps to push what you know are inferior heroes up to 5* to accomplish dungeons is really bleh as non-whale. I think I could probably beat the game right now if I wanted to waste mats on 'whatever red stuff I have laying around', but that's too risky IMO due to the rarity.

Overall, I think the base of the game is pretty solid, but it's a little too slow to progress, or at least there lacks a target. Perfect example would be putting 'good' 3*s in the maps in the middle of the campaign mode to farm up (like Lily) that would be useful and niche later on but otherwise somewhat sub-par later. Right now I don't think there's anything outside of the event pulls that are even worth farming where I've unlocked up to (I think 2x master, 6x hard, up to last tree zone in standard).

Also shard regen rate for events feels bad compared to shards I can get at 3 in the events, I wish you at least got 'more' from the early tiers (alchy/dog/etc.) so you could farm out a decent order or chaos unit if nothing else.

Thanks for posting

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Palum brings up a good point - having some good 3* drops from the story mode areas might help that progression rate. For example - instead of wingnut from the veld, maybe a Petra? It would give new players some direction.

As you know with SW we could say "farm up a wind fairy and wind griffon, which will help you progress in X area"

This has been alleviated a bit with the essence dungeon drop table but still needs some access to farmable progression units. Mazemire and thronedust are missing a 3* drop in the table.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got all the way to fireglass using the story characters and by that point I had gotten some nat 3's and 4's that allowed me to clear out hard modes etc.

Palum Palum - I mean natural 3*s leveled and evolved up to higher star levels. Natural 3 stars are absolutely worth leveling up all the way to 6 star - especially for F2P players. I use Azure (Water Pistoleer) in 3 of my floor 6 dungeon teams. Lily (Water Fairy - accessible through the guild shop) will be your primary healer for most content for a long time as a F2P Player. Everyone starts with Roland who is a nat 4 tank. Most people are going to get a handful of nat3s to work on to progress through the story and dungeons. Also - every hero event gives players access to reliably farming 3-stars and for folks with well developed accounts (even F2P) most will get the a 4-star without spending.

Aevry Aevry - Everyone starts with Roland, Azure, Oakhorn, and Marvelous Zhang from completing the early part of the story. You can get Lily by joining a guild and working on Guild Honor in the arena to upgrade Marvelous Zhang. These 4 heroes build a really solid team (Tank, DPS, Support, Healer). At that point you're looking to upgrade from Basic and Epic Hero Cores. You can get 3-stars from Basic Cores. You'll be looking for Caelia (heal blocking/tanking), Sir Silvus, Ivy, Flameclaw, Petra. The game is very generous with Hero Cores, and you will find good stuff in them beyond just the 1-star and 2-star food. The heroes you can farm from campaign maps are mostly used in hero fusion or for skilling up 3-stars.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea speaking of generous hero cores, you could cut down on the amount of unknown scrolls/normal hero cores you get from floor 6 dungeons and replace them with useful (epic) hero cores instead. That would go a long way.
Summoners War did something similar about half a year ago when people complained about the highest tier content dungeons dropping scrolls to pull 1-2* food instead of what they were looking for (6* runes.)

In that regard, having the tiny exp wisps and x5 normal hero cores taking the place of 5/6* equip drops is kinda sucky. Especially since keys are a separate commodity from energy and it takes a really... really long time for that to regen.

Yea speaking of generous hero cores, you could cut down on the amount of unknown scrolls/normal hero cores you get from floor 6 dungeons and replace them with useful (epic) hero cores instead. That would go a long way.
Summoners War did something similar about half a year ago when people complained about the highest tier content dungeons dropping scrolls to pull 1-2* food instead of what they were looking for (6* runes.)

In that regard, having the tiny exp wisps and x5 normal hero cores taking the place of 5/6* equip drops is kinda sucky. Especially since keys are a separate commodity from energy and it takes a really... really long time for that to regen.

I can pass that feedback along, but I don't have any control over drop rates.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not meant as a snotty question, but to what do you control? Also on the same note, when devs say that, do they really mean it?

I realize that sounds snarky, but I didn't know how else to word it, my apologies.

On a side note, I'm trying this out. I just summoned a 4 star, I assume that's good since it sent out a notification to the server? (Obviously I know more stars the better, but how rare are the 4/4+ * summons? (this isn't necessarily directed at you Ryachart)