Ancient Civilizations

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He clearly mixed poles, the supposed book is talking about magnetic pole shift, and he's talking about earth rotation axis.
A magnetic pole shift would probably creates a lot of problems but we would survive.
A geological pole shift can happen only if we get hit by something big, and then the shift won't be the problem.
Right. That's my point. Almost ALL of the people that freak out about pole shifts on the internet are confusing the two, because they are fucking retarded and don't understand magnetism.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They might be thinking of the Dzhanibekov effect. That would be bad news. Spheres generally have one moment of inertia, but there are some large scale structures inside that might be enough.

There's that gravity hole in the indian ocean for instance. Earth is weird.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They might be thinking of the Dzhanibekov effect. That would be bad news. Spheres generally have one moment of inertia, but there are some large scale structures inside that might be enough.

There's that gravity hole in the indian ocean for instance. Earth is weird.
Trust me when I say that these people are not thinking about anything beyond "Earth spins on North/South axis, if the poles shift, suddenly we spin different and die!" despite every single person mentioning "pole shifts" referring to magnetic poles. They have no idea what that effect is, and most of them can't explain magnets as well as Insane Clown Posse can. Hence, one guy writes about pole shifts, and another guy talks about the planet stops spinning. Because they are r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d. Say it with me. Retarded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
The magnetic poles shift CONSTANTLY. You can look it up, older plans north arrows occasionally had the angle from true north on it. It can and has shifted anywhere between 15 and 100 kilometers annually. The surprising thing it, it is moving in almost a straight line towards siberia. This is due to the core not being homogeneous right now the north magnetic field is stronger on the Siberian side of the arctic. It WAS -north pole -over 1000 kilometers on the Canada side ~30 years ago. It is 14.2 degrees west atm

• 2Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The magnetic poles shift CONSTANTLY. You can look it up, older plans north arrows occasionally had the angle from true north on it. It can and has shifted anywhere between 15 and 100 kilometers annually. The surprising thing it, it is moving in almost a straight line towards siberia. This is due to the core not being homogeneous right now the north magnetic field is stronger on the Siberian side of the arctic. It WAS -north pole -over 1000 kilometers on the Canada side ~30 years ago. It is 14.2 degrees west atm
Yeah they have to change the numbering on runways in airport every 7-8 years or so because of this, since they are named according to their magnetic azimuth.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
But how is this possible? I have it on the highest authority that pole shifts would be devastating!!1!

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
To be fair, proponents of the catastrophic magnetic field shift stuff are usually talking about a complete reversal of the magnetic field (N to S), which has happened repeatedly throughout the earth's history.

The best studied recent example is

While there are some interesting details here I'm not advocating this theory, just saying I don't think anyone ever said slow changes in the magnetic field were a problem.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It always makes me wonder if it would affect some migratory animals in a devastating way. Other than that it seems like something with both an upside and downside.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
AFAIK the biggest real concern for magnetic field reversals is the whole biosphere gets hit with much higher levels of cosmic radiation. Along with changes to weather patterns and in some cases increased volcanism.

Again I am not making the claim that it leads to mass extinction or anything, this is hotly debated and I don't know enough to have an opinion. Just pointing out some of the issues thought to be caused by these events.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pole shift doomsayers are one of my biggest triggers. It is like they are all fucking retarded. This guy literally said the planet would stop spinning, or some variation of that. And people watch on shitty fucking Tiktok and believe it, because it was on the internet so it must be true, right? I can't even.

I would literally push a button right now if it killed everyone that believes a pole shift would devastate the planet.
So what you're saying is that a pole shift would devastate this planet if you had the power to make it do so.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sort of, but really I'm saying that *I* would devastate this planet if I had the power to do so.
If the power arises from a pole shift happening, and you believe in its devastational potential, doesn't that mean you'd off yourself?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Sahara Desert is probably your best example of changing climates, and most people believe that its the shifting magnetic poles that brings the area into vegetation and out of, again, and again. If you could control it to some degree, you could decimate billions of people - yes. Between the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, and the Sahara/middle east - theres just too much shit coming up before and around the younger Dryas period that discredits main stream archaeologists.

Shit gives me real Indiana Jones type of vibes, and I bet theres a ton of stuff buried all around those areas thats just lying in wait, to be discovered.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Sahara Desert is probably your best example of changing climates, and most people believe that its the shifting magnetic poles that brings the area into vegetation and out of, again, and again. If you could control it to some degree, you could decimate billions of people - yes. Between the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea, and the Sahara/middle east - theres just too much shit coming up before and around the younger Dryas period that discredits main stream archaeologists.

Shit gives me real Indiana Jones type of vibes, and I bet theres a ton of stuff buried all around those areas thats just lying in wait, to be discovered.
I thought the axial precession cycle of earth would be the cause of this.
Fun fact, some dude theoretized that a glaciation has occured on earth every 41'000 years, over the last couple of hundreds thousands years, due to both axial precession and the influence of jupiter/saturn on our orbit. The peak of the last glaciation was 21'000 - so "we" should see in the next few centuries a clear stop to the earth getting hotter. and this wont be due to CO2 taxes.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Really good vid:
There are so many very different interpretations. The big mystery for me is where were the daughters of god? The watchers must have gotten really ronery over the aeons.

Oops looks like video unavailable. It's the "Who were the Nephilim?" video off the ReligionForBreakfast channel.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really good vid:
There are so many very different interpretations. The big mystery for me is where were the daughters of god? The watchers must have gotten really ronery over the aeons.

Oops looks like video unavailable. It's the "Who were the Nephilim?" video off the ReligionForBreakfast channel.
Wonder why its saying unavailable like that? Maybe cause linking it outside of Youtube?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I guess as a creator you must have some toggles if you are ok with the video embedding somewhere? I have a few videos but I never delved into the settings.

• 1Like