Ancient Civilizations

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah that's it, ancient rivers but lower than current sea level. Buried in sediment. Some places have been found already.

It's not going to be cool looking but natural rock formations on bare seafloor or desert, that doesn't match anything we've ever found.
You're welcome to scoff at everything, but why? You think all we post here is bullshit, but this is the content we talk about here. Ancient civilizations. Their mysterious accomplishments. Their customs and what happened to them. Ya know, gobekli tape has its own mysteries. It's an established Neolithic site and they just disappeared one day. Closed up shop and filled in all the temples and such and were just gone after that. Where did they go next? People think they moved on to somewhere else or predicted some kind of cataclysm and just buried everything in preparation for whatever was coming and thats it. Maybe they founded ancient Egypt.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Completely unrelated to Atlantis (or maybe it is, idk) - but Ive seen multiple "scientists" point out all the signs that a Tsunami washed across northern Africa. From the NE part of the continent, all the way down to the western part of the continent. If we're thinking about time frames - then whatever happened in the Constantinople area that led to the flooding of the Black Sea - then its not unbelievable to think that whatever landmass sunk in that area caused an insanely high tsunami. It just doesnt feel like some "Main Stream" scientist want to put their foot down and claim that it happened. When no one truly knows what happened back then, why is one story more likely than any other and vice versa? Ultimately just feels like cherry picking.
Magic evidence destroying tsunami is back. How do 1000s of foot high continent spanning tsunamis form? Where does the water come from?

Would be interesting to see which scientist has proposed this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You need to improve the language you are using.

"Advanced" is used by ancient aliens people to describe leyline energy and soundwave levitation. It's used by some people to describe an ancient industrial revolution.

We discussed it not long ago and came to wooden waterwheels/windmills and exotic (for the time) alloys.

But "advanced' is just being used handwave impossible things with some vague suggestions that a technology exists to solve the problem with a theory.
It's a valid term and it's provably true. You can see the ancient Egyptians were advanced more than any other ancient civ of its time. So advanced we are still in awe of their many many accomplishments.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's a valid term and it's provably true. You can see the ancient Egyptians were advanced more than any other ancient civ of its time. So advanced we are still in awe of their many many accomplishments.
It's extremely vague.

You're welcome to scoff at everything, but why? You think all we post here is bullshit, but this is the content we talk about here. Ancient civilizations. Their mysterious accomplishments. Their customs and what happened to them. Ya know, gobekli tape has its own mysteries. It's an established Neolithic site and they just disappeared one day. Closed up shop and filled in all the temples and such and were just gone after that. Where did they go next? People think they moved on to somewhere else or predicted some kind of cataclysm and just buried everything in preparation for whatever was coming and thats it. Maybe they founded ancient Egypt.
Instead of discussing the people who built Gobekli Tepe, what if we discussed a cool crater on a hill in the desert with zero signs of human habitation?

The speculation has drifted to people making things up because of history channel brain rot.

Did you post this already? Not sure if I got this from this thread or my YouTube feed:

Interesting if bones were a sign of hunger or a fitness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's extremely vague.

Instead of discussing the people who built Gobekli Tepe, what if we discussed a cool crater on a hill in the desert with zero signs of human habitation?

The speculation has drifted to people making things up because of history channel brain rot.

Did you post this already? Not sure if I got this from this thread or my YouTube feed:

Is that show even on anymore? We don't do aliens in this thread. When we talk about an advanced culture or civilization, we are discussing human cultures and civilization.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
There are dozens of ways, but the most obvious are atmospheric gas anomalies determined by sequestration in ocean floor sediment samples, as well as telltale signs of industrial level agricultural practices in soil composition (nitrogen levels). Also, industrialization requires resource extraction on a significant scale, and we’d be finding evidence of mines in, well, the same places those resources are found now. All of this evidence would stick around for hundreds of thousands, and in some cases millions of years.

If someone was burning hydrocarbons before us, we’d absolutely know about it. It wouldn’t matter if their cities were under water.
This is an interesting point because we do find these anomalies by sequestration, there have been dozens over the last 800k years, we just call them the interglacial warming periods.

Climate change is entirely man-made except for every single time it happened before because there was no industrialization, but it totally is now tho. It's somewhat contradictory, no?

For the record, I think that they are mostly correct that there were interglacial warming periods unrelated to man, but cannot rule out some of that evidence as possibly being from an ancient semi-industrial society.

I do not believe there was some planet spanning industrial society before ours, that rivals modern civilization, so I do not believe you would be able to find evidence of it in atmospheric gases captured in the ocean. But coal burning, steam power, basic chemical development perhaps even dynamite, and material sciences, yes I believe previous civilizations have achieved that over and over and over again throughout history.

Also for your second point, as I already stated, everywhere they would have lived is under 400 feet of ocean right now so no, you wouldn't find any evidence of farming in soil samples, and any crater shaped anything anywhere on earth could have been an ancient mine, too much looney toons makes you think of old western mine shafts with wooden support beams, when real mines are just big crater shaped excavations, holes dug in the earth.

What I do believe is that anatomically modern man has been around for at least 400k years and we have evidence of even pre-modern man, not even homo sapien but a common ancestor, building wooden structures in Africa 500k years ago. our caveman ancestors were building wooden houses and defensive structures but we sat around holding our dicks for half million years?

I do not believe that we sat around rubbing our dicks for 400k years before suddenly learning how to farm. After an almost civilization ending plague wiped out 1/3 of life in Europe we went from near chattel slavery-esque sustenance farming to mapping the genome in less than 800 years. We went from "never being able to fly in a 10 million years" to landing a man on the moon in under 60 years. Humans really do not take 10k years to develop civilization, especially if there is anything from before to pass down that knowledge whether it is survivors of the previous civilization or the written word saved somewhere.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You guys keep bringing this up. I debunked it with the elevation maps. It's on a fucking mountain.

View attachment 539004

It's impossible for it to be the capital of a seafaring civilisation, anything like that would be underwater LIKE THE LEGEND SAYS!

Last time the discussion moved to tectonic plates being displaced and continent sized tidal waves to keep the cope alive. Let it go.

Not only that, if there was a city there, then there would have been artifacts. But they haven't found a single thing there that would be indicative of Atlantis. What they did find there is stone tools dated to 100,000 years ago. Because this was a site with lots of rock and cavemen made tools there.

So you supposedly have this massive flood that perfectly scoured all trace of Atlantean civilization at Richat Structure but somehow managed to leave the ancient tools there that would predate Atlantis

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This is an interesting point because we do find these anomalies by sequestration, there have been dozens over the last 800k years, we just call them the interglacial warming periods.

Climate change is entirely man-made except for every single time it happened before because there was no industrialization, but it totally is now tho. It's somewhat contradictory, no?

For the record, I think that they are mostly correct that there were interglacial warming periods unrelated to man, but cannot rule out some of that evidence as possibly being from an ancient semi-industrial society.

I do not believe there was some planet spanning industrial society before ours, that rivals modern civilization, so I do not believe you would be able to find evidence of it in atmospheric gases captured in the ocean. But coal burning, steam power, basic chemical development perhaps even dynamite, and material sciences, yes I believe previous civilizations have achieved that over and over and over again throughout history.

Also for your second point, as I already stated, everywhere they would have lived is under 400 feet of ocean right now so no, you wouldn't find any evidence of farming in soil samples, and any crater shaped anything anywhere on earth could have been an ancient mine, too much looney toons makes you think of old western mine shafts with wooden support beams, when real mines are just big crater shaped excavations, holes dug in the earth.

What I do believe is that anatomically modern man has been around for at least 400k years and we have evidence of even pre-modern man, not even homo sapien but a common ancestor, building wooden structures in Africa 500k years ago. our caveman ancestors were building wooden houses and defensive structures but we sat around holding our dicks for half million years?

I do not believe that we sat around rubbing our dicks for 400k years before suddenly learning how to farm. After an almost civilization ending plague wiped out 1/3 of life in Europe we went from near chattel slavery-esque sustenance farming to mapping the genome in less than 800 years. We went from "never being able to fly in a 10 million years" to landing a man on the moon in under 60 years. Humans really do not take 10k years to develop civilization, especially if there is anything from before to pass down that knowledge whether it is survivors of the previous civilization or the written word saved somewhere.

The isotope of carbon released by plants is not the same isotope of carbon released by the burning of hydrocarbons. The ratio imbalance in the atmosphere at any given time is a dead giveaway of industrial activity. If someone had been burning coal in the past, we’d know. And we’d know quite trivially. You can definitely rule out atmospheric warming in the past being caused by industrial activity.

There has never been an industrial civilization on Earth before the late 18th century. Unless, of course, you believe they had celestial doohickeys to produce energy or skipped the tech tree directly to cold fusion.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
hrm that doesn't seem accurate on either front. There is historical evidence of massive burning of exposed coal (not from man) due to wildfire/volcanic/lightning/whatever in the ancient past, and there is history of civilizational level coal mining and burning in china from 3,600 years ago, so the isotopes have been in circulation for millennia. If you are saying that there's no evidence of coal burning before late 18th century that's not accurate.

Chris

Potato del Grande
hrm that doesn't seem accurate on either front. There is historical evidence of massive burning of exposed coal (not from man) due to wildfire/volcanic/lightning/whatever in the ancient past, and there is history of civilizational level coal mining and burning in china from 3,600 years ago, so the isotopes have been in circulation for millennia. If you are saying that there's no evidence of coal burning before late 18th century that's not accurate.
We burned ALOT of coal in the industrial revolution. I grew up around artificial hills made from the leftovers.

How much coal burning are you talking about? Where's your evidence?

If it was small localised burns that won't show up on ice cores etc, then we can't be talking about a large globe spanning civilisation.

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Yes, we know massive carbon release from extensive coal burning occurred during the Permian extinction.

There is an enormous difference in the quantity of coal burned in industrial applications and coal used for heat sources to cook food or warm a primitive dwelling. By 1850 Britain alone was burning 60 million tons of it per year. The first coal power plant wasn’t even built until 1882.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

No, of course we weren't just doing the same routines in the same mud huts for almost a million years. We would advance from mud huts to houses, then buildings and then stuff to go along with those larger structures.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's extremely vague.

I just saw that one. I don't watch all his videos. This one sounded stupid, but for once you were interested in discussion about an ancient civ, so I watched it to talk about. Ok first of all, gobekli tepe and the other tepes were active for several thousands of years. Those sculptures span their duration in the region. That would mean they were starving for thousands of years. How do you starve for thousands of years and not only not die, but continue to thrive and carve more starving sculptures? Those carvings were obviously for more artistic or religious purposes. Maybe it's to pay homage to their history of struggles up to the point they founded the Tepes and could carve these 3d and 2d images out of the rock. Whatever the reason, it wasn't because they themselves were starving over thousands of years. that's just AA being his usual silly self.

See, I can be skeptical. I am being skeptical when it comes to the Richat being the actual location of Atlantis. Whether Atlantis was actually a thing isn't that important. What matters is, what series of events and locations was the inspiration for the tale of Atlantis? Atlantis as Atlantis likely never existed, but I think there was a city or situation that existed in 9000 BC where a popular city that was rich in gold, existed near a coastline was part of a trade hub and one day a giant tsunami caused by ice melt, a major volcanic explosion or an earthquake wiped this mystery city straight off the map. Many witnessed the event and campfire tales were told for thousands of years til Plato wrote that shit down and he just told the campfire tale version he heard with all the embellishments, which may or may not line up with reality. That's where I'm at on this. What was the basis for the story? The Richat lines up with a lot of this and so I think it's likely candidate. Crete is fucking old too. The Minoan civilization was real and advanced for their time as well as suffering a mysterious fate that wiped them off The map.

There are other candidates for the Atlantis legend. Everyone has their own favorite. Mauritania and the Richat is mine.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

If only they tried that on something substantial such as a 50 ton granite block. Then chisel it without the iron tools. Then move the block next to another similarly cut 50 ton block . do it all in 30 seconds for 20 years.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If only they tried that on something substantial such as a 50 ton granite block. Then chisel it without the iron tools. Then move the block next to another similarly cut 50 ton block . do it all in 30 seconds for 20 years.
Do you think one person built the pyramids lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wait what?
The pyramids were supposedly built over 20 to 30 years. 2.3 million stones averaging 5000 pounds each. They estimated that for that to happen, each stone was cut, transported and placed every 20 or so seconds for 20 to 30 years.