AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
YmprG7a.jpeg

• 13Worf
  • 3Weird Boner
  • 3Like
Reactions: 18 users

Burns

I'm not artist, so, do portraits in general have a high degree of difficulty? If so, you are then trying to add effects on top it, making for a difficult painting to get right.

My non artistic eye has to agree that Thor's eyes are going to be the main issue and I'm having a difficult time imagining how they will ever look good, in this style. Would normal stylized Thor eyes be better, looking toward what he is about to crush?

Here is the original, again, and I'm not even sure I like the glowie eyes in the still frame either (also, the CGI hand looks funky).

bf6c5a9e-9961-447e-b299-eff3acf7d522-jpeg.311143

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Per hex, or the whole thing? My gut reaction is "fuck yeah" either way.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Well, I need help.

The artist finished, it looks almost like the painting I previously posted. .... He surprised me with the price, $2600. LOL. I told him I cannot pay that, and that I thought it would be more inline with what he charged me for another painting he did. So, fuck him, fuck that shitty piece of art. I showed my girlfriend, she hates it. My sister laughed and says it looks like a southpark charicature, and my ex who does art thinks its worth $600 max.

So: Where can I find super high res super hero pics online that I can get printed on canvas?

• 11Worf
  • 7Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 22 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol. This dude painted exactly what you asked for and you are now going to stiff him?

Paypal me $100 and I will print a copy of the one with the Steve Buscemi eyes. I'll even ship it for free.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

Well, I need help.

The artist finished, it looks almost like the painting I previously posted. .... He surprised me with the price, $2600. LOL. I told him I cannot pay that, and that I thought it would be more inline with what he charged me for another painting he did. So, fuck him, fuck that shitty piece of art. I showed my girlfriend, she hates it. My sister laughed and says it looks like a southpark charicature, and my ex who does art thinks its worth $600 max.

So: Where can I find super high res super hero pics online that I can get printed on canvas?
oh ffs man. CONTRACTS.

how are you even finding artists too dumb to have contracts?

Time, cost, expected checkpoints, recompense for failure, etc.. have all that shit written out, and signed by both parties.

I don't know the media well enough to give much input on the art itself. Like the blue wash is important in the original in selling the lightning. its the light source and the whole scene is bathed in blue from it. so the art missing that, made me wonder. But again, I dont know of that material can do washes after the fact, or if they needed to have mixed blues into the under color in the first place.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
$2600 for basically copying an existing poster but cutting half of it off to give you a 1/5th of Stormbreaker and 1/3 of Thor.

Fucking amazing.

Buy yourself a frame TV and throw up some projections to the side of it and do something actually cool instead of a terrible piece of copied art.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
oh ffs man. CONTRACTS.

how are you even finding artists too dumb to have contracts?

Time, cost, expected checkpoints, recompense for failure, etc.. have all that shit written out, and signed by both parties.

I don't know the media well enough to give much input on the art itself. Like the blue wash is important in the original in selling the lightning. its the light source and the whole scene is bathed in blue from it. so the art missing that, made me wonder. But again, I dont know of that material can do washes after the fact, or if they needed to have mixed blues into the under color in the first place.

I had the same thoughts, it's missing that whole "blue bath" that makes it all make sense, and maybe the pose is terrible, with Thor's mouth agape, and the tiny bit of Stormbreaker. Oh well, honestly glad there's no contract. I'm just going to find some high rez art and get it printed on canvases and be done. Just sucks. I really wanted a badass custom piece of artwork for the room. But this is now three failed attempts at getting it done (the first one was so bad, I don't even have pictures of it.)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I look forward to seeing this episode of Judge Judy or Peoples Court or whatever show ends up picking up the case.

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users