Any hope for this painting?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I look forward to seeing this episode of Judge Judy or Peoples Court or whatever show ends up picking up the case.

Judge Judy: Why won't you pay the man?

Falaxy: I can't stop seeing lightning nipples

Judge Judy: WTF?

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Good thread for this...

What you guys think? Worth 100?

View attachment 317826
I like the hexagon layout. I'm going to try that on some laser cutter ideas.

Well, I need help.

The artist finished, it looks almost like the painting I previously posted. .... He surprised me with the price, $2600. LOL. I told him I cannot pay that, and that I thought it would be more inline with what he charged me for another painting he did. So, fuck him, fuck that shitty piece of art. I showed my girlfriend, she hates it. My sister laughed and says it looks like a southpark charicature, and my ex who does art thinks its worth $600 max.

So: Where can I find super high res super hero pics online that I can get printed on canvas?

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a shocking turn of events. Another mediocre painting and another struggling artist getting stiffed.

I like to imagine that this one has been really struggling through the pandemic. Bills keep pilling up, constant arguments with the wife on what theyre going to do and how theyre going to afford christmas presents for the kids this year. Then one night after a very intense fight with the wife you get a DM on facebook. Someone says they just looked through your work and they want a billboard size marvel picture for their marvel themed room, and if its good enough, he says they will pay any price. You show the DM to your wife in disbelief, your prayers have been answered! You begin working on ideas and coordinating ideas with the client. You share progress pictures during the entire process and the client seems very enthusiastic, never once mentioning any major issues. Then after spending countless hours, effort and resources completing what the client asked, he decides that he has unsolvable issues and no longer wishes to proceed. Christmas is cancelled, sorry Timmy.

• 8Worf
  • 7Like
  • 2Double Worf
Reactions: 17 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This guy needs to be publicly dragged...

3 attempts, mediocre skill level, exorbitant costs; c'mon, it's deserved~

To be fair, I'm trying to support local art, but it's just all so bad. I do own 6 paintings by another local art couple/solo (they do some stuff together and separate).

What a shocking turn of events. Another mediocre painting and another struggling artist getting stiffed.

I like to imagine that this one has been really struggling through the pandemic. Bills keep pilling up, constant arguments with the wife on what theyre going to do and how theyre going to afford christmas presents for the kids this year. Then one night after a very intense fight with the wife you get a DM on facebook. Someone says they just looked through your work and they want a billboard size marvel picture for their marvel themed room, and if its good enough, he says they will pay any price. You show the DM to your wife in disbelief, your prayers have been answered! You begin working on ideas and coordinating ideas with the client. You share progress pictures during the entire process and the client seems very enthusiastic, never once mentioning any major issues. Then after spending countless hours, effort and resources completing what the client asked, he decides that he has unsolvable issues and no longer wishes to proceed. Christmas is cancelled, sorry Timmy.

I do feel bad, but this I can't pay top dollar for a bad painting :(

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
To be fair, I'm trying to support local art, but it's just all so bad. I do own 6 paintings by another local art couple/solo (they do some stuff together and separate).

I do feel bad, but this I can't pay top dollar for a bad painting :(
Agree on a price. Put the money in an envelope. Stop getting progress pictures. When they deliver the painting, tell them to wrap it in brown paper and hand them the envelope before you look at it.

If there's a disagreement after that, you're the one learning the expensive life lesson and not the artist. You're at least 3 deep at this point.....you need to fix the issues on your end.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Agree on a price. Put the money in an envelope. Stop getting progress pictures. When they deliver the painting, tell them to wrap it in brown paper and hand them the envelope before you look at it.

If there's a disagreement after that, you're the one learning the expensive life lesson and not the artist. You're at least 3 deep at this point.....you need to fix the issues on your end.

It may be my end. I finally decided I'm re-arranging some art around in my house and have this big insane abstract alien piece (another billboard sized piece) I'm going to put in that room.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Well, I need help.

The artist finished, it looks almost like the painting I previously posted. .... He surprised me with the price, $2600. LOL. I told him I cannot pay that, and that I thought it would be more inline with what he charged me for another painting he did. So, fuck him, fuck that shitty piece of art. I showed my girlfriend, she hates it. My sister laughed and says it looks like a southpark charicature, and my ex who does art thinks its worth $600 max.

So: Where can I find super high res super hero pics online that I can get printed on canvas?

Wow. You are the worst kind of client an artist can get. Just the worst.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Some of you, including Amod Amod and LLR, are complicit in this. You're naive or stupid if you think Aychamo isn't specifically looking for artists desperate enough to take no-contract work just so he can stiff them for some internet lulz.

Rename him so people know who they're dealing with. Honestly, he should be banned for this thread alone.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Stop asking for something to be made and buy something at a local exhibit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Some of you, including Amod Amod and LLR, are complicit in this. You're naive or stupid if you think Aychamo isn't specifically looking for artists desperate enough to take no-contract work just so he can stiff them for some internet lulz.

Rename him so people know who they're dealing with. Honestly, he should be banned for this thread alone.

What do you base your assumption that he's aychamo on?

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do you base your assumption that he's aychamo on?
Behavioral patterns. He claims to be a doctor but does something moronic like googling "dog dicks". Just quintessential barrel-scraping attention grabbing playing the fool that is Aychamo. I know it's not proof and I also know we're never going to get it. And I also know I'm not the only one to have made this connection.

That said, fucking with someone's livelihood, if that's what he is really doing, is a line too far, regardless if that's actually Aychamo or not.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Did you not agree on a price before hand?

Absolutely not. He had done a previous 3 foot x 3 foot for me for $450 that came out really well, he picked the image, it looked amazing. A 6 foot x 5 foot is less than 4 times the size, I would have thought the price would be less than 4 x $450, but it ended up being way more. In the text today, he said he thought it should be $4320 ($1 per square inch) then realized it would be way too much, so went down to some formula per linear inch that came up with the $2600 figure. I've just moved my other home paintings around and have filled the void where Groot/Rocket/Thor would have gone, so unfortunately this journey is ending.

• 1Moron

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
He claims to be a doctor but does something moronic like googling "dog dicks".

I interact with doctors on a daily basis at work. It has shown me that they can be just as stupid as anyone else, they just managed managed to complete the training. Being a clueless human being outside of that training is unsurprising.

On the aychamo claim, I don't remember seeing what Falxy says he does, so I'll have to trust you on that. Plenty of people engage in attention whorish behavior around here, especially nowadays when they may be getting less from other sources. We'll need more than that unfortunately.

Did you not agree on a price before hand?

Seriously. My sister has done paintings for people in the past. She shows them her portfolio and they always agree to at least a ballpark price beforehand. This is for paintings in the $100 range, not in the thousands. Shame on Falxy for stiffing the guy, but also shame on the artist for not insisting on an agreement before he started his work.

That is assuming this is even true.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users