Archeage

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
No shitty Trion cash shop, RNG abuse is expected and encouraged (if not outright spawning your own items) so everyone is on an even playing field. No labor points (not that you would need them anyways, but that depends on how you want to play).

Because EVERYONE will have access to the same 'sploits, rather than trying to hide around Trion's GMs (lol) without getting caught. It essentially levels the playing field.

I was playing on a private KR server before RU was released, and it was lots of fun, but it was shut down quite quickly.
If everyone can cheat what incentive is there to even do the stuff that gets people out onto the sea for the only good PvP that game had?

There is no incentive to fish and *maybe* some small incentive to run packs for crafting stuff (assuming you don't just spawn/dupe what you want).

What made that game fun was the huge battles that could spawn over marlin's (before there were 50 billion fishing boats lagging shit up) with cutters being spawned to attack and defend, clippers sailing around crashing in/harpooning shit, and underwater strike teams surfacing to steal boats/fish.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Real servers still deliver. There is so much drama and fighting currently on Eanna. It is great. West Faction is in total civil war and we are helping the weaker side to further divide their faction. So much PvP. RNG, P2W still sucks ass but the PvP and drama is still awsome.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
If everyone can cheat what incentive is there to even do the stuff that gets people out onto the sea for the only good PvP that game had?
For the sake of the only good PvP that game had, of course.

When everyone has access to everything, there's no more race, and there isn't even competition anymore. People will only do things for the sake of them being fun. So you get a guild together and have a west chapter and east chapter, with everyone having chars on both sides, and then you just do whatever's fun for you. You can keep it casual too. It's really the only way to play ArcheAge because it's impossible to play it legit while expecting to play it competitively.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Meh, without competition this game is aids. Lots of aspects of the game I do to stay ahead or strenghten the guild, so our guild stays on top. Also the drama and fights add a lot of entertainment the emulated server probably doesnt. So I rather have rampant exploiting, botting and p2w, but also lots of meaningful PvP and drama.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I could see something like arranging a fleet battle without outside interference between east and west. Line up the ships like the naval battles from the 18th century, that could be interesting as a one off thing to do.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I finally got a lucky fish!
rrr_img_105338.jpg

And the Navy uniforms are cool, finally found something to spend loyalty on
rrr_img_105339.jpg

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Would anyone happen to possess any details on how Luscas will be buffed come 1.8 / 2.0 if this talk surrounding them taking only siege damage is true? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I thought the game was a blast when losing your ship meant something. Once it became trivial to rebuild them (which happened really quick) there seemed to be little risk in the world and I lost interest shortly after that.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I thought the game was a blast when losing your ship meant something. Once it became trivial to rebuild them (which happened really quick) there seemed to be little risk in the world and I lost interest shortly after that.
What? It's always been trivial to repair your ship. The only thing you lost was packs/fish that your ship was carrying.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
After 4 hours of fighting red dragon and enemy faction we finally killed Red Dragon. For once it is a fight were you cant be whipedso easily. Fun fight.

qs5vt2h.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep. Had 50 people online a couple days ago when I logged in to pay taxes. I don't actively play though.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Uh, there is no 9 gb patch yet. But the server transfers are complete and 2.0 and Evolution Servers will launch at 12th Sept. I hope there will be a lot of competition again and drama.

Cybsled

Anyone have Hartsman's email/way to send a message? A guild member had multiple accounts banned because they were told "they didn't multibox the right way", but they aren't getting clarification beyond that. As a result, a bunch of guild mansions will go nuclear soon.

Guy pretty much plays Farmville in AA and has worked for a year to get their land, so any assistance would be helpful
wink.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Anyone have Hartsman's email/way to send a message? A guild member had multiple accounts banned because they were told "they didn't multibox the right way", but they aren't getting clarification beyond that. As a result, a bunch of guild mansions will go nuclear soon.

Guy pretty much plays Farmville in AA and has worked for a year to get their land, so any assistance would be helpful
wink.png
Hartsman doesn't give a shit, your buddy is screwed. It's unfortunate but Trion has been banning accounts for the shittiest reasons in the past six months or so.