Archeage

Saban_sl

shitlord
Black desert wasnt doing anything for me so i started fresh on Morpheus for something to do. Does this server have boosted low level drop rates or something? constantly playing inventory cleanup from the constant armor/weapon drops.

Also whats a good early game labor burner that will help me out later on?

Cybsled

Anything that raises a proficiency skill that is profitable later on I suppose (fishing, trading, etc)

Saban_sl

shitlord
What are your options for property transfers? Google says appraisal certs are the only safe way to do it but i mostly see people offering demo. Whats the standard way to do this with the least chance of getting ripped off?

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
There isn't, whoever has the position of power has the safety. Just get a cert if you can't handle getting robbed.

There is no repercussions for scamming. Often you'll have people ready to snipe demos that aren't affiliated with your seller as well so keep that in mind.

Just deal with certs, you'll be better off.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I want to place the lunar/solar scarecrow farms, i dont think certs would work in this situation? Guess ill roll the dice.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
That's always tricksy. Like if you ever want a bigger house you have to slowly acquire the nearby lands holding with little mini farms and such. And then destroy em all as fast as you can and try to plop the big house down before someone comes along and snags it.

It is just about the most nervous you can be in a videogame.

Cybsled

Certs are the only low risk way to transfer property. Anything else and it is up to the reputation of the seller. I would highly recommend you research known scammers on your server before you agree to any demo-only property sales.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Got my 8x8 and 2 16x16 farms. What are some decent practical options for houses i can do via cert? cottage pretty typical?

Cybsled

Pretty much. The 16x16 cottages are the bare bones homes and only take 1 cert. Those are pretty rare, though, as most people just use the farms to generate income. You'd need a farmhouse (24x24) to actually have an income generating home.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
2.9 comes at the end of the month and with that player nations and a lot of customization for castles. Will be interesting. I think there is a livestream this friday with more information.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This is a couple years old I guess
ArcheAge | The ultimate fantasy sandbox MMORPG from Trion and XLGames

I've been playing with this recently and finding a lot to like at low levels.
1. Free to play
2. Reasonably good art style on character graphics
3. Great environmental graphics
4. Huge class diversity (every character picks three classes, for ~120 different possible combinations)
5. Intuitive and easy to use interface
6. Great first person camera (default is third person but just zoom in)

Worth mentioning some downsides:
1. Furries. Seriously, stop with the fucking talking animal races in MMOs.
2. Some of the art (e.g. some of the more ornate plate armor designs) is terrible. But terrible on a WoW kind of way, so that probably wont bother others.

Anyone else try this? Does it start to suck at higher levels?

Emotiv

Silver Squire
It was definitely fun the first time through and had a ton of potential. But endgame is sadly pay to win if RNGesus doesn't smile on you and your crafting.

Molten Core Raider
I was just regaling a friend with stories from when I played last night. He had never tried it and honestly at launch and the first few months Archeage was some of the most fun Ive had in an mmo in a really long time. I could spend hours just piddling around on my farms, doing trade runs, crafting and fishing. Trion's race for cash though ruined the experience though. It was a blast, now it's just a shame.

Cybsled

I had played it from launch until late last year. I still have all my properties even though I don't play. If anyone on Kyrios wants to make a deal, let me know ;)

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Hey guys, any recommendations on a server to choose to play with some of you? I'm installing right now.

Can someone tell me if I'm missing some options somewhere - can you not move the target and health bars around on the UI along with many other things by default? Do I have to download a fucking mod for a 2015 game to get my stuff where I want them?

Last edited: