Archer

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Was disappointed in the last episode. When I saw that Barry had returned, I was really expecting an epic episode (like every other Barry episode). But this one was really weak. They didn't do anything or go anywhere. The entire episode takes place in the office, working on a computer, trying to find Barry's mom. Then, Archer spills a sport's drink on the floor and tries to get Barry to push a button? Pretty lame.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Man, I guess pretty much everyone else is at Civil War lol.

Great episode tonight.

spronk

FPS noob
Feels like this season is pursuing a story that plays out, over humor. I like all the episodes, but there is a lot less comedy and rapid fire one liners that were the core of early seasons of Archer. Not necessarily bad, just different I guess.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree. Malory was great this episode. She really seemed like the inspiration that made Archer into Archer. Badass woman.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Feels like this season is pursuing a story that plays out, over humor. I like all the episodes, but there is a lot less comedy and rapid fire one liners that were the core of early seasons of Archer. Not necessarily bad, just different I guess.
I agree. The only episode so far this season that I thought felt like a true Archer episode was last weekend's, where there were some great one liners, and Archer calmly explaining why he had to snap the guy's neck was priceless. I was really hoping the second part would be just as good, but it fell way flat. Archer, Lana, and Pam all disguising themselves as the robbers, only to wind up beating up each other, didn't do anything to change the outcome of the situation. The slow motion bean bags at the end was pretty good, though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought the clown episodes were damn good. Cheryl stole the show. I love watching her get off on weird shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Felt like the lack of an actual plot this episode held it back. Although seeing Slater in the next episode preview kills them sticking with the PI shtick.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought this episode was pretty damn good. Krieger in the fight at the end.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He didn't fight anyone. Just kept making martial arts noises. Haha, he was a lot like Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the complete. The last few episodes have been fantastic.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't get the complete. The last few episodes have been fantastic.
fantastic? Literally nothing happened the last episode. There was this great plot, where the girls were going to try and seduce the husband, and bet on who would win, and the guys did the same for the wife, except nothing actually transpired. They wound up just running into each other in the hotel and got into a random fight. There was nothing that actually moved the story forward, and there weren't any funny lines or scenes whatsoever. How does that equal fantastic?

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It was amusing on a slapstick level and given how they dressed everyone it was obvious that the seduction storyline could go nowhere. Anyway I wonder what they'll try next season, bounty hunting?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
They also only have 20 minutes. The comedy of this episode was the setup for the case and the impromptu fight at the end. They don't have a lot of time.

The best part for me was how everyone rallied around Pam the moment he insulted her, with Archer being the first to throw the plan out the window and start punching to support Pam. That's pretty subtle compared to most shows like this.

Sterling

El Presidente
The episode was fine, but not great. I do appreciate that they're trying different things with the various seasons even if they don't always work out so that it's not always the exact same things.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The best part for me was how everyone rallied around Pam the moment he insulted her, with Archer being the first to throw the plan out the window and start punching to support Pam. That's pretty subtle compared to most shows like this.
I too like that. It lends weight to her being Archers best friend despite all the shit talking.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They also only have 20 minutes. The comedy of this episode was the setup for the case and the impromptu fight at the end. They don't have a lot of time.

It's not any shorter than any of the other seasons, and they always managed to get a lot of shit done before. This season just seems to be a lot of build up, for a weak conclusion.