Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
An orgasm is an orgasm.

xm9aOZ7.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This is back when bodybuilders still looked good. Look at his waist (or lack thereof).

View attachment 1527

View attachment 1525

Not sure if you've seen it but the IFBB has a new 'classic physique' division, attempting to get back to the arnold / serge days. The dudes are still a little too lean slightly out of proportion for my idea of how a bodybuilder should look, but it's a step in the right direction and pretty much in response to the public's almost complete disgust of modern BB.

Also, side note, as I get closer to 40 I may try to find a reputable 'longevity' clinic and look into small doses of test and hgh as I age. Probably not the best example of small doses, but this mother fucker is almost 70 in this picture:

sylvester-stallone-arms1.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You should be able to get TRT from a general practitioner, as long as your testosterone is low.

Posting these videos as a reminder that I should watch them, probably every 6 months. If you lift, you probably need to watch them if you haven't.

I'm considering doing Smolov Jr in about 2 weeks after I get back from vacation. I was doing skullcrushers last week and had some intense pain in my elbow. I think it's time for a break from some upper body stuff (although I did chest/bi yesterday with no problems). I'll reevaluate in 2 weeks though. Not sure I can actually go a month without any upper body work.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has anyone had any success with 5x5 programs for increasing bench press? I'm already barrel chested, and not wanting to increase size. But if I don't have a challenge, I get bored.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure I like Bostin Loyd. I like his honesty, but 13g of steroids a week, let alone all that insulin and HGH? By all accounts, Dorian Yates and Ronnie Coleman didn't touch this level.

This guy doesn't have a pro card, and he's on so much gear that he may not make it to 35.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
What a jackass. That's just too much drugs for a guy in his shape. You'd expect more from all the gear he's taking daily. I've seen natties larger than he is, but not on a 10k a month budget for PED's. He's taking more drugs than he has available potential injection sites.

Any why is he injecting Synthol into his pecs before he goes to the gym? I heard him on a podcast saying that he thought the ensuing scar tissue from Synthol would make him look bigger. I don't think it works that way.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So what kind of music do you all listen to when lifting? Going to make this into a "what I listen to" thread, if anyone is looking for some workout music.

When I first started, Girl Talk had just released a new album and I found that I liked having a single audio file playing so I could keep track of time easier (when a song switches, it's harder to keep track).

That led me to finding some mixes by Major Lazer and The Partysquad which were decent.

In the past several years, I've accumulated quite a few mashups that I like, but of the channels that make decent ones, only about 1 in 6 are worth a shit for various reasons (bad transitions, crappy songs, etc). I look for something with an upbeat tempo and lots of bass. Most of them are kind of poppy, so if you're not into that or EDM, it's probably not for you. I also have to fight against YouTube taking channels down often.

p0ntTiR3c0rds had a lot of mixes that are gone now, under the "We Love Mashup" heading. The one linked below was probably my all time favorite, and I can still lift to it. The part from about 33:00 to 36:00 minutes in I set an insane amount of PRs over the years (including my 2.5 BW deadlift). The song is a mix (higher tempo, more bass) of Dmitri Vegas & Like Mike's "Madness" with Lil Jon.

Unfortunately, his channel got nuked repeatedly, so I eventually arrived at Eric Clapman. His lasted a number of years before being shut down, but he's since come back and reuploaded everything (and for some reason it's now 2 channels). His channel has probably been the most consistent with uploading shit I actually like. For a while, I could actually lift to every mashup he put out for like 2 years. My favorites in the spoiler.

(highlights for me are 9:40 - 12:00 and 14:00 - 15:30, where if I time my lift right, I get a huge burst of energy)

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
2nd post since I can't link too many videos.

A guy named Anthony Gerrard did a guest mix for Eric Clapman which unfortunately looks to be lost outside of the copy I downloaded, but it might be the best mix I've ever heard for lifting. He's got a couple passable (best one linked) mixes on his channel, but nothing that compares to that one. I'll keep looking for it though. It was basically just a compilation of other really good mixes (some of the songs linked if you want good tracks to lift to, Toca (this one fucking bangs hard), Mammoth, Voodoo vs. Leave the World Behind, Buoy, Rock in Ravefield, shit, just listening to these for this post gets me hyped up).

EDM Adam has had some okay ones, but they're generally too chill for lifting.

And finally, the one I've found most recently is by deLaVigne. I really like this one, but once again, haven't been a huge fan of much else on the channel.

I also at one point found a Cowboys From Hell by Pantera in one continuous track which was okay, but I've found metal to not have enough consistent rhythm for lifting for me.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dropped about a stack and half on a bunch of home gym equipment, most of which I stole from the shit you got. I only have 78inches to work with in my basement so I had to find a rack somewhere else. Went with a Titan t2. Woulda preferred to get a rogue one since they look so much better and sturdier but whatev. I cant lift shit anyways. Still gotta buy and do the flooring. I cant wait for it all to get here

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
bros i need bulk protein has anyone bought anything over 8pounds recently?

i also need bulk creatine, google is shit hopefully someones been shopping recently, im not trying to buy the most expensive shit.

Oh anyone with results wanna recommend an ab routine, i never focused on em hard, im super skinny to begin with

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never bought anything from them, so I can't comment on the quality, but if you're looking for bulk, True Nutrition is supposed to be pretty good.

True Nutrition

For abs, I think anything but crunches/sit ups works well. Those two are garbage exercises that ruin your spine though. Personally I do hanging leg raises, and used to do cable crunches before I starting lifting at home. I like them because they're both exercises that I can add weight to, unlike most ab shit (planks, ab roller, etc).