Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He's back on ignore, scanned his essay of a reply, saw he was crying about "weight loss is the priority", why the fuck are you in the weight lifting thread asking how to get stronger ffs.

Crying about my attitude, yeah, multiple posts being "nice" getting ignored leads to that.

Funny how he doesn't comment on the lengthy guide I wrote him.

Stop fagging up the weight lifting thread asking for advice you'll only ignore and I'll leave you alone.

Everyone else should really be aware that he asks for help and doesn't listen, as Rezz has already pointed out.

Just save yourselves the time.

As for not being taken seriously, yeah, that's why I've helped multiple people off this board via pm

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You two rustling each other need to both stop fagging this thread up.

Who gives a fuck if someone doesnt follow your internet advice -- boohoo get over it.

And Gilg, if what you're doing is working for you then keep doing it. Being regimented and actually just making yourself do something at this point is most of the battle. If you like running then keep doing it, once you get to a place where you are more happy weight-wise and want to dial it in even further then you can. Just being consistently active at this point is going to work -- ffs its not like you're trying to get stage ready -- that's a whole nother ball of wax. If you feel good while seeing progress, thats the thing to be excited about -- as you have actually made a lifestyle change which most never do or stick with.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Been doing a bunch of stuff from Athlean Xero program (bodyweight stuff) for a couple months since I didn't end up sticking with the gym routine I started early this year. Before I started I could do about 30-35 pushups in one set, managed to squeeze out 50 the other day when I tested what I could get now. Pretty stoked about that and I have noticed a significant (for me) increase in the size of my chest/shoulders and my abs are getting decent too. Planning on keeping up the bodyweight stuff through winter and going to a real gym in spring/summer (fuck walking to the gym in the middle of winter).

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's rare for it to slip, but yeah, suicide grip is called suicide grip for a fucking reason. Still sucks, poor kid.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is my home gym its p much done now. I stole all of these ideas from poster Gravel you are my bro
tUuuQBR

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started doing 5 minutes of laterals with 8lbs(front, side, rear, horizontal) every day because my shoulders were killing me. Not only are they better feeling than 20 years ago (19 yrs old). All of my compound upper body lifts have gone up, and it seems like my shoulders are getting pretty nifty caps on them.

Turn 40 in a month, new goals for year end, pull 4 plates (rep 3 at the moment), gain another 10 lbs of weight (unless mr t gets into my veins)

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Those would just be raises my friend. This is called bringing up a weakness. It's fine for something like delts because they're small and grow quickly.

Don't try to do with with your pectorals or glutes. You'll burn out fast.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
A few weeks ago, I made the mistake of working out during lunch. All of the benches were taken, and I need to get back to work, so I did close grips on the smith. I've been hooked ever since. It feels like I can isolate the muscle group better (because I'm not working the stabilizer muscles as much to balance?). First, it was close grips, then bench and incline, and then militaries and behind the necks. On the militaries, that is the first time I've ever felt my front delts contract like that. I'm going to try out smith squats on Friday. I used to think they were for pussies, but it feels more natural for some reason.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're in a fixed position, so yes it works better as an isolation movement. It does not move in a natural path, however. You do bench press in a straight line. You'll have a lot of weaknesses if you rely solely on the smith machine, but it's absolutely fine as an assistance movement.

The hatred for the smith comes when people exclusively use it and believe they're strong. That's when your rear delts collapse when you try to actually bench.

I wouldn't recommend squatting in a smith especially if it's a completely fixed bar, unless you're trying that weird look at my crotch while I hammer my ass squats people do.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Always makes me cringe when I see people on a Smith machine squatting and then place their feet way too far in front of their body.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They have no choice. You can't change the bar path with the Smith. So you have to adjust your body.

It's weird that his experience was that it feels more natural, because it's anything but natural. There's almost no lift where you have a completely straight bar path. Joints don't work that way generally.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always makes me cringe when I see people on a Smith machine squatting and then place their feet way too far in front of their body.
It's the only proper way to do it actually.

Also I realized I said "you do bench press in a straight line." I mean't DON'T.

Squats and deadlifts you should aim for a straight bar path, however. You are correct it shouldn't feel more natural. I think what he's trying to say is it was easier to engage the correct muscles when you don't need to stabilize the bar path. It's definitely not more natural.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user