Arkk's Weight Lifting / Fitness Thread

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I've never worn sleeves or a lifting shirt or whatever and don't really plan to, I'm not in it to power lift... But the knee wraps just seem like a good way to protect yourself, not enhance your lifts.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never worn sleeves or a lifting shirt or whatever and don't really plan to, I'm not in it to power lift... But the knee wraps just seem like a good way to protect yourself, not enhance your lifts.
Wraps can add anywhere from 50-80 pounds.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Never worn knee wraps, or a belt when squatting or DLing. I haven't had any ligament pain either.

Since I've never worn them, I cant speak much for their benefits, but I have been under the impression that they're for injury prevention. I have heard others say that knee wraps, like a bench press shirt, can increase the weight you handle. Thats cool, but IMO I like the feeling that when I lift the weight, its all me and not some gear holding my shit together. Then again, I dont do powerlifting so to each his own.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never worn knee wraps, or a belt when squatting or DLing. I haven't had any ligament pain either.

Since I've never worn them, I cant speak much for their benefits, but I have been under the impression that they're for injury prevention. I have heard others say that knee wraps, like a bench press shirt, can increase the weight you handle. Thats cool, but IMO I like the feeling that when I lift the weight, its all me and not some gear holding my shit together. Then again, I dont do powerlifting so to each his own.
Belts help to create intra-abdominal pressure. Basically, a way to keep your spine straight. Is it for safety? Somewhat, but belts definitely help you lift more weight and you can still destroy yourself using a belt.

Knee wraps? Purely built for moving weight. Knee wraps can cause quad tears and knee dislocations if they're left on for too long. Sleeves help to keep the joints warm, but they're not going to save your knees from buckling.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I can't squat for shit but I use a belt once I'm in working sets. Without it I have a tendency to arch and itll fuck me up for 2 or 3 days. I can keep it straight if it's all I focus on but I'd rather just use the belt and push more weight.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My wife likes my hands to look as if they've just touched the keyboard and her tits all day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Not with those girly hands.
stock-photo-hand-in-glove-with-pistol-isolated-on-white-3041863.jpg

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look he even wears gloves when shooting a gun. Does the gun fit in your matching purse?

But really I don't have a single friend who uses gloves. I enjoy tearing off my callouses. Is that gross?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Look he even wears gloves when shooting a gun. Does the gun fit in your matching purse?

But really I don't have a single friend who uses gloves. I enjoy tearing off my callouses. Is that gross?
How you going to pass a gunpowder residue test if you don't wear gloves?

And yes

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
My wife likes my hands to look as if they've just touched the keyboard and her tits all day.
My wife is the opposite - says she'd feel like a some homo was touching her if I had soft little baby hands. She loves the calluses from working out.

I don't think anyone in my gym wear's gloves, and I'm in a pretty yuppie gym.

Seanwin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question for you folks since I cant find anything online.
Whenever I do bicep work (barbell, dumblell, cable, concentration etc etc) I get pain in both shoulders. Its like at the back of the shoulder, and sort of feels like a dull ache.

I have this with any weight starting at 15lb or a regular preacher bar. I have tried elbows tight in to my sides, elbows pushed back a bit and tight. Same if i do a bit of a swing cheat, or on a incline. Once biceps are done, pain is gone until next arm session.

In my early years this was never a problem, but nowadays I slack biceps bigtime because of it.

Dont know if it will be suggested but along with normal warm ups, I do rotator cuff work every day.

Thanks a lot!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Question for you folks since I cant find anything online.
Whenever I do bicep work (barbell, dumblell, cable, concentration etc etc) I get pain in both shoulders. Its like at the bavk area, and sort of feels like a dull ache.

I have this with any weight starting at 15lb or a regular preacher bar. I have tried elbows tight in to my sides, elbows pushed back a bit and tight. Same if i do a bit of a swing cheat, or on a incline. Once biceps are done, pain is gone until next arm session.

In my early years this was never a problem, but nowadays I slack biceps bigtime because of it.

Dont know if it will be suggested but along with normal warm ups, I do rotator cuff work every day.

Thanks a lot!
You get the same pain on when you do back? That's weird.