Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Man, I was hoping I missed the news and he was actually in the game, but nope, just a commercial.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can’t understand why anyone would want to ruin the game for themselves and go straight to some “OP” build. There is a fuck ton of combinations in these games and trying out all the shit you unlock is a blast.
The biggest lesson the past ~8 years has taught me the most is that most people don't want to think for themselves. And by most, I mean >85%. This crosses all domains from food to politics to video games.

I kept trying to convince everyone I played D4 with that the only small amount of fun to be extracted from that game was figuring out builds for yourself through experimentation and experiential learning. Watching a video and then going through the motions was going to remove the only fun to be had, because the actual gameplay in those games are always weak at best. I was 100% right but only one other person agreed with me.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My willpower lasted all of 30 minutes. Grabbed it on Steam and I have a few hours before work. Will report back.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Only 4 deaths to beat the tutorial mission. Maybe I'm not quite as decrepit as I thought I was.

Running at a solid 120 FPS on high settings on a 5800X, RTX 3080, 32GB RAM. Graphics options are adequate, but it doesn't allow for uncapped FPS, only 30, 60, 90 or 120.

As soon as I got the the garage for the first time it crashed though.

• 2Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Helicopter was annoying mostly because hard with so much flashing bullshit, hard to what's what and where it's hitting. Seemed to be better with auto body lock or whatever on, and yeah, skipping melee didnt seem to be an option, need to slash it up to get stuns and dps it down a bit.

Locked on made melee easier, but then it seemed even harder seeing if it had bullets or fuck half your health bombs or whatever I needed to dodge.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I think I'm having as much fun sucking as folder did when he first discovered black logs.

• 8Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 8 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

Man, I was hoping I missed the news and he was actually in the game, but nope, just a commercial.
That would have been awesome to have him in it. He needs to be in more stuff other than The Boys. Shame we never got a Dredd 2.

Whatever they are using for the Anti-Cheat/DRM is bullshit; I spent two+ hours fighting with my Trend Micro AV to get it to work, eventually found a way around it but its the same thing I had to do for Genshin/New World/Tower of Fantasy. Maybe I will actually play tomorrow.

Edit: For anyone else having the issue ("armored core 6 unable to start correctly 0xc0000005"), I had to put in an exception for scanning the steam folder for the game, apparently Trend finds something objectionable about how Edit: Easy™ (Thanks Denamian) Anti-Cheat modifies the .exe on launch or something, so it prevents the game from starting.
Angry Fuck Everything GIF by HACKER.REHAB

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That would have been awesome to have him in it. He needs to be in more stuff other than The Boys. Shame we never got a Dredd 2.

Whatever they are using for the Anti-Cheat/DRM is bullshit; I spent two+ hours fighting with my Trend Micro AV to get it to work, eventually found a way around it but its the same thing I had to do for Genshin/New World/Tower of Fantasy. Maybe I will actually play tomorrow.

Edit: For anyone else having the issue ("armored core 6 unable to start correctly 0xc0000005"), I had to put in an exception for scanning the steam folder for the game, apparently Trend finds something objectionable about how Anti-Cheat modifies the .exe on launch or something, so it prevents the game from starting.
Angry Fuck Everything GIF by HACKER.REHAB

It's Easy Anti-Cheat

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Died 3 times to tutorial boss. Not yet past it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Has Soldier of Godrick finally been surpassed as hardest From boss in history!?

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This is going to be bargain bin in 3 months tops.

• 2Edgelord
  • 1Moron
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Watched a pal play this, looks exceptional and reminds me of Virtual On meets Mech Warrior

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Only got to play like 4 hours but it is fantastic, not sure where the hate is coming from. Tried a max range all missile build, a fast as fuck close range sword and shotgun build, a hover quadraped AoE explosion build. An all rounder with thick legs for maximum kick damage, tonight gonna try a tank legged full mini gun/launcher build.

Every 2 missions you unlock at least 3 parts, just need more cash!

Story wise I have no idea what's going on, something about Coral and massive explosions the size of Texas we investigating. You also feel like the bad guy, the stuff NPCs tell you as you engage and murder them screams you are the asshole. So basically on point for an AC game.