Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
shocked stan marsh GIF by South Park

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I am going to be absolutely godawful at this and love every second of it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yup all in, going in blind on this one so only watched like 3 mins of a review. You know it is going to be good when embargos are pulled a month before release.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just the right amount of grey boxes. Looks awesome.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I look forward too frantically jet packing in circles until my fuel runs out and a giant tank smushes me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well this just became my #1 awaited game this year. I hope it isn't blisteringly difficult like some of the other ACs were and is more of a fun blast-a-thon.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's the best way to get caught up on playing this series?

I've only played Armored Core 1. I'd love to replay it if it got remastered, but early PS1 3D would be tough to go back to at this point. Tremendous game though.

I'd like to play AC2, 3, 4, and 5 before 6 comes out. Figure I've got about a year on that. Any crucial or worthy spinoffs I should also play? Any remasters or superior versions?

What'd really be nice is if they released a collection for modern consoles. It looks like I'll need to dust off the PS2 and PS3 for all of these.

Also what's the difference between Armored Core 3 and Silent Line: Armored Core 3? Is SL a sequel/part two of AC3, a definitive version, or what?

Well this didn't happen, was like a $2000 buy-in to get the whole series, plus the time investment, plus the antiquated graphics.

I actually did get ahold of AC5 and give that a shot (to work backwards) and couldn't get into the game at all, it was just so clunky. Looked nice at least. Too bad the last gen isn't 4th gen because AC4 and For Answer seem to be the most highly-regarded. Also, coincidentally, the only ones Miyazaki had a major role in the making of until now. I tried to get ahold of those as well, but they're prohibitively expensive on PS3 (yet normal-priced on XBox which I don't have anymore). The prices of all of these games are completely obnoxious. I'm not gonna pay $200 a game for PS2 games that'll look archaic on a TV at this point and should have been ported or remastered ages ago.

I am gonna try to replay AC1 (the only one you can easily get today due to the PSN store) before AC6 comes out.

TEN DAYS LEFT

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Bandai Namco is doing a live stream showing a lot of the game right now. They really should of just paid VaatiVidya to do this even if he doesnt show up on camera.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What's enticing about this game? I watched a video and the game seems to just be replaying levels to get higher scores?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's enticing about this game? I watched a video and the game seems to just be replaying levels to get higher scores?

It's a mech game, and if it's an improvement on the old ones (especially 4th gen) it might be the best mech game evar. People love mechs. It's also the first AC in almost exactly ten years.

AC games also offer incredibly deep levels of customization, have interesting future settings, and sometimes powerful stories.

The early ACs were rough around the edges, but anyone familiar with them from back in the day knows there's something special about this series.

• 3Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't it just a mech based Souls-like game?
No. AC games are nothing like souls games.

They’re mission based, as in you are in your hanger where you build a highly customized mech, then go on a mission. Beat the mission, or not, then back to the hanger. The story isn’t fed to you via item descriptions. There isn’t stat/soul leveling system. There aren’t intricate levels/areas to progress through, they are typically just a ‘stage’ that could be a big open area, a large arena like room, etc. The only thing that looks similar to their recent souls games is the move-telegraphing boss fights which would be new to the series.

Varying missions, building money to buy more mech parts, mixing matching parts to build out a mech.

• 3Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

It's not another fantasy game. Honestly just a fun sci fi game is interesting at this point. Hard to go wrong with mechs imo. I can trust this devloper so far. Will have to see about the other sci fi game a week later(starfield), given that developer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bandai Namco is doing a live stream showing a lot of the game right now. They really should of just paid VaatiVidya to do this even if he doesnt show up on camera.

wtf is this video? it's a countdown for the livestream, but doesn't include the livestream. i HATE when people upload stuff to youtube but don't edit out the countdown, so this is triggering me something awful

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
wtf is this video? it's a countdown for the livestream, but doesn't include the livestream. i HATE when people upload stuff to youtube but don't edit out the countdown, so this is triggering me something awful

Actual showcase, should be timestamped at the end of the 15 minutes.

Edit: Didn't actually look at it. That is the Japanese one. Mostly talking in Japanese, little footage.

Is a restream of the English one with VaatiVidya. Includes his chat/face, but of the two I found quickly, he didn't speak too much in the places I skipped around to.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity