Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I finished all souls games and elden ring.

Like i said, bargain bin.

• 4Pathetic
  • 1Salty
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This is going to be bargain bin in 3 months tops.
I don't get past tutorial boss.

Not on pc doesn't help.
Wut?
Not sure what the controller buttons are.

Couple things the game doesn't tell you yet, if you hit tab you toggle boost. When boost is on your sword attacks will charge towards your lock on and then attack with a single mouse click, you get two attacks. Use this often but save it for when it is stunned for like 3/4 ita health. Sword attack doesn't do this if you hold the attack to charge it up.
Use cover when it does it's bullshit or aim away and hit Ctrl to boost away from all of its missiles. This is not a souls game but having some patience as to when it is safe to move in really helps. Pop out from cover, missiles and rifle it, dodge the opposite direction of the bright red rectangular directional warnings when you hear the audio queues or when they flash.

Died twice to it, it hit me like once the third time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Died 3 times to tutorial boss. Not yet past it.
Scan the ID then get right next to the small wall where the helicopster comes over. Try to be behind his guns, or jump up onto the helicopter body areas, your sword does some crazy damage. Just blast the gun and launch missiles as you close in and dodge. Jump up and get some slashes.

If that doesn't work....

• 1Worf

Evernothing

The game is fantastic so far. Runs great, no crashes.

The Strider mission is pretty crazy. I can't wait to try out the shotgun.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I finished all souls games and elden ring.

Like i said, bargain bin.
I've only played about 10 minutes (god damn work) so I may end up hating it as well but I doubt it. It seems different enough from the Soulslikes that there will be a learning curve, it may click for you if you stick with it.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not understanding the difficulty with the tutorial boss. He killed me 1st time bc I had no idea what he does and it was 5 minutes in to learning the game.

I just hid behind a wall, popped up and zoomed to the cockpit and slashy slashy copter go crashy. Rinse and repeat. Like most Souls bosses it is easy to over complicate things and get distracted. Just fell back on habit.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Not understanding the difficulty with the tutorial boss. He killed me 1st time bc I had no idea what he does and it was 5 minutes in to learning the game.
Same here. I was expecting something completely overtuned and beat it on the first try. I guess if you don't manage to 'stagger' it or whatever they call that mechanic in AC it could be difficult, but as long as you do it's a cakewalk.

Are people playing with controller or M/KB?
I can't even imagine playing this with m/k.

• 1Like

Evernothing

KBM for me. Works great. I intended to use controller, but it didn't want to let me use the left joystick, so I went KBM.

It feels like it's set up great for it. The movement is so fast I don't know if I would want controler anyway.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
With the ability to turn on manual aiming only M/KB all day. I can already see some sick rocket launcher leading shots happening in PvP.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I still want someone to make a good left-handed controller to be used in combination with a mouse.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
With the ability to turn on manual aiming only M/KB all day. I can already see some sick rocket launcher leading shots happening in PvP.
Interesting. I switched to controller at the start but that may be worth checking out. My main complaint was using Tab but that can be remapped?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's called a keyboard???
No, one with an analog stick and some triggers and other buttons.

This worked perfectly for a while, then broke due to some Windows change: It's one half of the PS Move controller pair:

1692988230722.png

Then you would have an analog stick and some analog triggers for movement, while still having a mouse for aiming.

Evernothing

No, one with an analog stick and some triggers and other buttons.

This worked perfectly for a while, then broke due to some Windows change: It's one half of the PS Move controller pair:

View attachment 488034

Then you would have an analog stick and some analog triggers for movement, while still having a mouse for aiming.
Try one of these.

1692989346238.png

• 24Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 26 users