Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon (FromSoftware)

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I would call the tutorial a bit of a troll/misleading in that the whole time it's expounding on the guns/missiles and didn't even mention (to my knowledge) melee, and then the whole key to the boss is melee. I went in blind so tried to missile/shoot the fucker from a distance and whoa boy that doesn't work.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I would call the tutorial a bit of a troll/misleading in that the whole time it's expounding on the guns/missiles and didn't even mention (to my knowledge) melee, and then the whole key to the boss is melee. I went in blind so tried to missile/shoot the fucker from a distance and whoa boy that doesn't work. Also playing with a controller on PS5 and was taking about an hour to turn around, will definitely try to adjust the sensitivity
And I responded to my own post somehow. Jesus

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interesting. I switched to controller at the start but that may be worth checking out. My main complaint was using Tab but that can be remapped?
At least for me, I found taping shift to getting started boost mixing easier than reaching for tab constantly

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the deal with the loghunt stuff? I killed the tetrapod on the dam mission but it still says Pending in the mission replay screen.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No, one with an analog stick and some triggers and other buttons.

This worked perfectly for a while, then broke due to some Windows change: It's one half of the PS Move controller pair:

View attachment 488034

Then you would have an analog stick and some analog triggers for movement, while still having a mouse for aiming.
Tuco uses a setup like this. He just uses an Xbox controller though

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sea spider can fuck off, get em after about 15 attempts.

OK fuck me this game got hard quick...time to farm some cash for better parts.

Last edited:

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Is this the sort of game that feels better on PC or Console? or really doesn't it matter/up to personal preference?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this the sort of game that feels better on PC or Console? or really doesn't it matter/up to personal preference?
Well the first 15 games were made for console so it may feel fine. I was torn between PC and ps5 cause I wanted higher FPS options. Ended up going ps5 so I could play it on my basement theatre setup. Hope the frame rate’s good, will find out in about an hour once the kid’s in bed.

Vorph

Ultrawide support is great on PC, other than that it's probably a toss up.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You reacted to my post above where I told you how to beat him you muppet!

• 1Double Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
What's the deal with the loghunt stuff? I killed the tetrapod on the dam mission but it still says Pending in the mission replay screen.

I do not know the immediate answer to your question, but after killing the BAWS on the Transport Helicopter mission (like the 4th selectable or something) my log updated with this. So I am x1 out of I don't know how many needed in that 3rd category. So possibly not a 1-for-1 kill to unlock system.

1693018004448.png

1693018101408.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I do not know the immediate answer to your question, but after killing the BAWS on the Transport Helicopter mission (like the 4th selectable or something) my log updated with this. So I am x1 out of I don't know how many needed in that 3rd category. So possibly not a 1-for-1 kill to unlock system.

View attachment 488091
View attachment 488092
When you do missions there will be a specific target to kill. If you missed the target, when you go to replay missions it will be marked with those symbols and it will say if you killed it or not. You can replay it and get it checked. I’ve only done two missions with them, both times it was obvious who the marked target was. First one is mandatory to complete the mission it is on (the one you did) but the second one was optional.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing on PS5? What's the word on that version?
Playing good for me in performance mode. Didn’t try quality mode.

Having fun. It’s been like a decade or more since I last played one, very nostalgic. Graphics are badass, sound is badass. Figured I’d be rustier than I am but I’m only in chapter 1 so I’m sure I’ll get my shit pushed eventually. The boost dodging and sword charges are a blast.

Vorph

I actually skipped the AC in the dam mission without realizing it, so even though I killed the tetrapod it didn't count the loghunt as completed. Had to go back and kill both in a replay to get the checkmark.