Arrow

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this Harper dude is going to be Arrow's sidekick,right?
Felicity with that dress,stunning!!!

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
God there is so much TnA in this show its amazing, I just wish this was an HBO show so there'd be an excuse for excessive nudity.

Slightly meh episode. Island olliver was on a fed ex quest / Arrow oliver had a very anti climatic subduing of villian of the day.

Is it just me or Ollie confronting said villian about taken item then immediately chasing said villain with out change of attire and villian just being knocked out will lead to future "outing" of the Vigilante??

geffe71_sl

shitlord
Always gonna be a few "filler" episodes to flesh out story, this just happens to be one of them. I thought is was mediocre, not terrible, but a usual going through the motions episode.

Last weeks preview, i thought it was some random hot blonde in danger, damn Emily Bett Rickards is dually hot.

As for Mythas whole observation, unless I missed something, I didnt see Ollie talk to the guy at the gala. As far as the Dodger knows, it's one of the countless tuxedo guys from the gala that could be Arrow. The Dodger really never saw Ollie's face and its conjecture that he is Arrow based on Felicity saying that the jewels were from the Queen family.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You mean the owner of the stolen bike filing a police report with a description of the thief and the police recovering same bike where jewel thief was captured by arrow? You think they would connect those dots?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If anything is going to expose Oliver it will be his little crime fighting gang discussing their secret plans in loud voices at a crowded diner.

Seriously though, with shows like this you have to just ignore the little absurdities and enjoy the cheesy, action-filled ride.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
So much shit happend tonight, wow.

Had alot of questions going in, now even more.

Maybe Laurel's sister is alive, Tommy knows his best friend is Arrow now, Tommy's dad knows arrow saved him.

Is Oliver's mom in danger now from tommy's dad etc.

Show takes couple week break to, so we wont find out anything for few weeks comes back March 17 or so.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Was surprised that they didnt kill Mr Merlin off, figured they were going to start to turn Tommy's character

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Was surprised that they didnt kill Mr Merlin off, figured they were going to start to turn Tommy's character
Maybe they started to turn Tommy character already, hell his dad killed those guys easy, and Tommy was like dad you killed them, where did you learn that.

Then his dad would have died if not for arrow, but since arrow told tommy he was his best friend.

Tommy seems to have forgoten all about his dad, seems pissed Oliver did not tell him.

If they do Turn tommy's character, they have to give him some super power way he can learn to fight or whatever.

I mean Oliver as arrow, and tommy's dad im assumeing both of them changeing learning to fight took years, we know arrows did on the isle.

Sean_sl

shitlord
This show can be a little bit silly with stuff, but man really I appreciate the pace of it. It's nice to not have an American show stupidly drag things out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
took a few seconds to recognize Riversong (laurels mom), but damn they sure do move the story along. im very impressed. solid episode. lots of action and actual storyline. good good good

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I have no idea how they can keep this pace up and I really don't care, a couple of seasons of fast paced tv would be awesome thank you Mr TV Exec.

I never watched ER, did River Song (Kingston) have a really bad US accent in that as well or is she using it on this for the first time.

Tommy spills to his dad at some point, during an argument perhaps and that's what brings the season finale conclusion fight between Oliver and Merlyn to a head? Then when Oliver wins the big one Tommy never forgives him, especially if he has somehow managed to avoid finding out his dad is Nasty McKillsPoorPeople.

It wasn't until the tattoo's I realised who Mr One Eye was, I thought it was the island Deathstroke dude for a start. Unless Deathstroke = Deadshot as well?! I'm losing track of who is who at times
tongue.png

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I thought Slade / Deathstroke were one in the same. Deadshot is tatoo dude. Although im pretty sure an arrow going through your eye and into the squishy stuff behind would probably mean bad news.

I too think it will be showdown between Mr Merlyn and Oliver and Oliver comes out on top this time.

Something has me wondering if there is some "mystic" power / well / relic / ritual that gave ollie his abilities. I mean he knows multiple languages / is a master archer now / master martial artist / etc etc etc. I don't think 5 years of scraping by on an island would allow him to acquire all those skills. Sure you could learn to shoot a bow, but that scene where he's pegging 15 - 20 tennis balls at the same time....

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
I thought Slade / Deathstroke were one in the same. Deadshot is tatoo dude. Although im pretty sure an arrow going through your eye and into the squishy stuff behind would probably mean bad news.

I too think it will be showdown between Mr Merlyn and Oliver and Oliver comes out on top this time.

Something has me wondering if there is some "mystic" power / well / relic / ritual that gave ollie his abilities. I mean he knows multiple languages / is a master archer now / master martial artist / etc etc etc. I don't think 5 years of scraping by on an island would allow him to acquire all those skills. Sure you could learn to shoot a bow, but that scene where he's pegging 15 - 20 tennis balls at the same time....
Yes and No, its Comic book 1st off all, so could be right or little of both.

But if were trained by Grandmaster as the only student for close to 5 years , learned the old ways had to fight to the death, languages etc, all weapons, combat hand to hand, could learn hell of lot in doing nothing but liveing that shit 24/7 for 5 years also your focused as hell not thinking about family girlfriend anything but that every second.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
I never watched ER, did River Song (Kingston) have a really bad US accent in that as well or is she using it on this for the first time.

It wasn't until the tattoo's I realised who Mr One Eye was, I thought it was the island Deathstroke dude for a start. Unless Deathstroke = Deadshot as well?! I'm losing track of who is who at times
tongue.png
Alex Kingston was a Brit doctor on ER so she spoke naturally. It could have been worse, Barrowman could slip into his Scottish Accent.

Slade Wilson/Deathstroke is a mercenary that likes to use semi auto guns and his two swords (Deadpool is Marvel's answer to him). Deadshot is a Batman villian that is an assassin with precise shooting (DC's answer to Marvels Bullseye)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
What about the knife-wielding mercenary at the beginning of the episode? Is he somebody from the comics? I was really sad to see him killed off after his slick arrow block with his daggers. He could have made an interesting long-term opponent for Arrow.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
What about the knife-wielding mercenary at the beginning of the episode? Is he somebody from the comics? I was really sad to see him killed off after his slick arrow block with his daggers. He could have made an interesting long-term opponent for Arrow.
Here's theGuillermo Barrerafrom the DC books. Only reason I remembered this guy is because I was reading Nightwing at the time.

geffe71_sl

shitlord
They take liberties where needed to make the story fit and add minor characters and stuff for the comic nerds (the canary foreshadow/reference with Laurel)

This is probably the best show that sticks to source material that ive seen other than Game of Thrones. I never saw Smallville, but by the costumes near the end, it looked like they were not doing the DC universe justice