Autonomous Systems

Would you ever own an autonomous vehicle?

• Hell yeah Bring on our robotic overlords!

• Fuck you! I'll keep my Indepenence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol @ calling the Tesla price tag outrageous. They deployed the first decent system + infrastructure to support it and massively dropped the price.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is the coolest thing ever. I'd love to see how far they're stretching the energy cost of moving a 10lbs package a few miles.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
lol @ calling the Tesla price tag outrageous. They deployed the first decent system + infrastructure to support it and massively dropped the price.

Go look whats under the shell. $10K in batteries and $3K in motors, $1k in transmission and $2K in brakes and shocks., $1k in tires. Price tag is $100K last I knew. I think what Musk is doing is awesome and look forward to his $40K version, but his luxury sedan is crazy spendy for what actually there.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Price tag is 65ish to 120ish depending on how much luxury and "lol nobody needs this" stuff you add. "Ludicrous Mode(tm)" alone is 10k, and while it's fun as fuck (actually made my stomach do the Gforce roller coaster thing), I'd never shell out for it.

My Model 3 will clock in at around 40k I think, after adding leather interior and the dual motor package. Minus the 7.5k or 3.75k credit of course. It's entirely possible to get a Model 3 up to 80k+ I'm sure, with all the extra luxury and tech add on stuff you can throw in these things.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Go look whats under the shell. $10K in batteries and $3K in motors, $1k in transmission and $2K in brakes and shocks., $1k in tires. Price tag is $100K last I knew. I think what Musk is doing is awesome and look forward to his $40K version, but his luxury sedan is crazy spendy for what actually there.

You should go let Tesla know they are getting ripped off on everything they are building, I'm sure they will appreciate this new and exciting info you have.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is the coolest thing ever. I'd love to see how far they're stretching the energy cost of moving a 10lbs package a few miles.

Even the container building fulfillment drone center is cool as shit.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
You should go let Tesla know they are getting ripped off on everything they are building, I'm sure they will appreciate this new and exciting info you have.

You are paying for the R+D, but just like a puter Motherboard, once you figured it out the engineering the cost per unit aint shit.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You are paying for the R+D, but just like a puter Motherboard, once you figured it out the engineering the cost per unit aint shit.

Unfortunately R&D ain't free or you'd have a point.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Musk came right out and explained that this was his entire Tesla business model. Roadster for rich people to fund S. S for luxury car buyers to fund 3. Model 3 coming out soon at a very reasonable price.

Where's the grave injustice here? Early adopters of anything pay more, always. And as I explained above, you're way off on your blanket 100k price tag on the S.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately R&D ain't free or you'd have a point.

I am a big fan of the guy, he is the only person I see trying to innovate and move tech forward in big ways. His solar roof and house batteries look awesome and are a game changer. I have no qualms about him getting massively rich for those efforts. My point is the cost of the bits and pieces are almost nothing from a production stand point. And that is a model for a successful product. My price break out on those parts was even on the high side, if you were paying retail ala carte, and not fabbing it all in house. The fact he has patents he puts up for free use is beyond benevolent. He is a bad ass.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Musk came right out and explained that this was his entire Tesla business model. Roadster for rich people to fund S. S for luxury car buyers to fund 3. Model 3 coming out soon at a very reasonable price.

Where's the grave injustice here? Early adopters of anything pay more, always. And as I explained above, you're way off on your blanket 100k price tag on the S.
the injustice is a grown man not understanding the concept of business overhead.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I am a big fan of the guy, he is the only person I see trying to innovate and move tech forward in big ways. His solar roof and house batteries look awesome and are a game changer. I have no qualms about him getting massively rich for those efforts. My point is the cost of the bits and pieces are almost nothing from a production stand point. And that is a model for a successful product. My price break out on those parts was even on the high side, if you were paying retail ala carte, and not fabbing it all in house. The fact he has patents he puts up for free use is beyond benevolent. He is a bad ass.
is this a serious post? the raw materials used to build your phone probably cost $5. did you get ripped off by paying $500?

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
This is very cool and i would love if it ever became widespread but shitlords being shitlords i can already see them champing at the bits waiting to hijack(hacking/shooting down/ netting) some drones. They all want to be modern day stagecoach robbers.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is very cool and i would love if it ever became widespread but shitlords being shitlords i can already see them champing at the bits waiting to hijack(hacking/shooting down/ netting) some drones. They all want to be modern day stagecoach robbers.
I can see it now, roaming gangs of leet hackers/street pirates all looking up. "Look! LG60 in TV! Lets go!...Got an Xbox S over here!"