Autonomous Systems

Would you ever own an autonomous vehicle?

• Hell yeah Bring on our robotic overlords!

• Fuck you! I'll keep my Indepenence

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Maybe I didn't say it very clearly. The vast majority of deaths from car wrecks do not come from traumatic injury to a single transplantable organ. I'm not saying that it never happens, I'm sure it happens plenty often but still at the end of the day the number of organs entering the transplant system FROM car wrecks probably greatly outweighs the number LEAVING and getting transplanted into car wreck victims.

Traumatic aortic rupture - Wikipedia
No shit? Maybe you should read original post that the number of deaths plus number of transplants needed from car accidents outweighs the number of deaths caused by needed transplants

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So the old dude meets the younger girl at the bar, gets her drunk and lets her drive his car.
Not the first time nor the last time this ever happened. The only reason this was reported on is because the car had the new fancy cruise control which was not a factor in the crash.
Yep.

Haka

N00b
It annoys me how much media seems ready with the pitchforks for Tesla's autopilot system

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It annoys me how much media seems ready with the pitchforks for Tesla's autopilot system

Nah, much needed public skepticism. If it's mature as a technology the market will carry it through. Blind optimism with new advancements is how you get cocaine as an OTC drug and x-ray toys that give your child cancer.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Urmson and Anderson both splitting off to do their own autonomy is pretty huge and lulzy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if Sterling and the people who left Tesla with him were tired of not being able to use lidar for autonomy. ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Could base corporate taxes on the percentage of automation/human work. Problem is that the corporate government would never pass it.

If robots pay taxes, and corporations have free speech rights, then the robots should be allowed to vote. No taxation without representation. Q.E.D.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Lulz, must be frustrating wqtching that.

I wouldnt trust a tesla in any roadwork.

Yea, the way AP1 works is it follows road lines and the car in front, it's basically a fancy cruise control and not "autopilot" in the way we think of that term. If you watch what happened there the road lines kept going right into the barrier and the AP followed the lines right into it.

People should not use AP as a "read a book" type of thing. They should use it just like they use cruise control now, as a convenience device.

Supposedly AP2 is going to be far more aware, and able to handle these edge cases, but it is not there yet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yea, the way AP1 works is it follows road lines and the car in front, it's basically a fancy cruise control and not "autopilot" in the way we think of that term. If you watch what happened there the road lines kept going right into the barrier and the AP followed the lines right into it.

People should not use AP as a "read a book" type of thing. They should use it just like they use cruise control now, as a convenience device.

Supposedly AP2 is going to be far more aware, and able to handle these edge cases, but it is not there yet.
I think they'll keep having these issues until they drastically increase the capability of the system.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think they'll keep having these issues until they drastically increase the capability of the system.

Yea, AP1 used like one camera, ultrasonic sensors and nothing else. Ap2 has like 8 cameras, radar, and more ultrasonic sensors.