Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, a film like Incredibles would never be made today.

Incredibles was targeting a child audience. (Regardless of how many of us waited to find out what Jack's powers would be). I'm talking made for adult audiences.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Incredibles + the Doctor Strange movie and you get the FF. Replace Strange and Magic w/ the FF and technology - Galactic / interdimensional threats, ties directly into Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Guardians, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. Locally they'd tie into the emergence of mutants, give us a shot at things like this:

After a setup movie could see them being the tentpole the way the Avengers is now to some degree for a phase or two, where things come together and the story really progresses. We're talking about a decade out at this point though.

Cybsled

Can someone please refresh me on what the MCU explanation was for Jane's un-involvement in the latest films? Was it her work or something? I can't piece it together.

At first she was busy (to explain why she was MIA). Then I forget which movie, but they in passing mention how Jane dumped Thor and Thor gets defensive. Maybe it was Thor 3?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
At first she was busy (to explain why she was MIA). Then I forget which movie, but they in passing mention how Jane dumped Thor and Thor gets defensive. Maybe it was Thor 3?
Early during Thor 3, yes (when Loki shows him the location of the - now demolished - homeless shelter where he left Odin).

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

The Rifftrax guys had a great joke during Avengers 1. "Shes safe on retcon island"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What is that fucking bitch wearing? Reminds me of my old school principal from the 70s. Us kids thought she was a witch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Incredibles + the Doctor Strange movie and you get the FF. Replace Strange and Magic w/ the FF and technology - Galactic / interdimensional threats, ties directly into Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Guardians, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. Locally they'd tie into the emergence of mutants, give us a shot at things like this:

View attachment 202933

After a setup movie could see them being the tentpole the way the Avengers is now to some degree for a phase or two, where things come together and the story really progresses. We're talking about a decade out at this point though.
i remember looking over that issue and thinking
inorganictechnotroids1.jpg

thats a cool looking robot, reminded me of the bionic 6 monkey, but it really bothered me that, the third arm was in the most worthless place.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
As of last night I watched the 1st Ant-Man. Tonight is Civil War. I'm doing well on my time frame.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I watched Age of Ultron last night and realized I never actually saw that one. That's a pretty awesome movie. One of my favorites in the series probably. However, immediately after I heard Ultron speak I couldn't stop associating him with Robert California.

obIjaZQ.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I watched Age of Ultron last night and realized I never actually saw that one. That's a pretty awesome movie. One of my favorites in the series probably. However, immediately after I heard Ultron speak I couldn't stop associating him with Robert California.

obIjaZQ.gif
I loved the movie too, but it got shit on....a lot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I loved the movie too, but it got shit on....a lot

Well, cast clearly should've done more smiling.

Pretty atrocious acting throughout. Not a single smile! Not Downey Jr. Not Evans. Not Ruffalo. Not Renner. Not SLJ. Nothing...

How could anyone possibly relate to these pretentious cardboard actors as "heroes". Atrocious.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Last night I re-watched Civil War. God damn was that an incredible movie. Between Winter Soldier & this, Captain America has THE BEST title character movies. I still love Thor: Ragnarok, but it's really hard to pass Civil War. God damn was that great. Not to mention the whole introduction of Spider-Man (and he was perfect in that).

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Civil War is amazing but it's really Avengers 2.5. They should use that as a model for how to set up other big tentpole movies now that we are moving past Infinity Stones.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Civil War should have been called "Avengers: Civil War"... Bet it would have sold even better. Though I guess if Thor isn't involved, that's the clincher. Needs all 6 of the core. I mean, they could have shoehorned him in like they did in Ultron.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I cannot put into words why I hated Civil War. Only Avengers movie I turned off before finishing. I dunno - may have been I thought the underlying premise was too ridiculous for an entire movie. Avenger's Infinity War was the best superhero movie I have seen in my life, however, so I look forward to the finale.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damn, 5 years until we see X-men shit in the MCU?

And here I was hoping that post-credits scene leak for Endgame I read about held some water...

Or are the rights to Wolverine seperate now, since he hasn't been in any of those new X-men movies? Idk.