B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The young me always liked the wizard, cultists, etc types in these movies. So you talk about shinny armor and tri-swords, and I was all about the opening scene where they ressurrect Bull from Night Court with that witch.
at least we can both agree Mazes and Monsters was cool.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I take Dragonslayer back from my recommendations. Just watched it and it holds up really well. The practical effects are done with just enough lighting, and the only really "gaudy" thing is the flashes during the duel with the guardsman at the final maiden roasting spot. There's some early green-screenery during the whole final battle, but it's still pretty damn solid. The dragon corpse looks pretty good as well.

It doesn't need to be remade. It's on Amazon Prime for free if you got it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Battle Beyond the Stars was a movie I enjoyed as a kid, lot of good ideas in it and many careers were launched from it (Cameron and Horner both got their first gigs with that movie) and its basically Magnificent Seven in space. A lot of the sets and footage were reused for Planet Terror.

A Boy and His Dog is another movie I would love to see redone properly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I take Dragonslayer back from my recommendations. Just watched it and it holds up really well. The practical effects are done with just enough lighting, and the only really "gaudy" thing is the flashes during the duel with the guardsman at the final maiden roasting spot. There's some early green-screenery during the whole final battle, but it's still pretty damn solid. The dragon corpse looks pretty good as well.

It doesn't need to be remade. It's on Amazon Prime for free if you got it.
yeah. theres basically no scenario where CGI shitshow tops Dragonslayers practical effects. Or the now dead actors.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gymkata should be remade. In this day and age of SJW madness a guy running into a town of mentally handicapped people and beating them up on a pommel horse sounds wonderful.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
yeah. theres basically no scenario where CGI shitshow tops Dragonslayers practical effects. Or the now dead actors.
No mention of Palpatine in Dragonslayer as the priest? That dude has never been young.