B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
SUPER FUZZ!

Watched this 500 times as a kid on HBO

Also....

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
One I could see a good remake of: The original Mad Max.

It was extreme low budget and has some very weak parts, its strength is in the car scenes. The film itself has a good story and world building. Plus it has great name recognition.

Now the 2nd Mad Max film ( Road warrior ) was a great film for its time, ( I consider it one of the best )

Considering how good a job they did of re-booting it for a modern age = Fury Road.

I think there is merit in going back and re-booting the original.
I still love the original Mad Max and its my favorite of the first 3 movies.

I have Wizards on blu-ray. Ralph Bakshi is amazing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
SUPER FUZZ!

Watched this 500 times as a kid on HBO

Also....

i imagine some cosmic moment where both of us are simultaneously watching Super Fuzz on HBO (1980-81?) for the 20th time and still enjoying the hell out of it. SUPER SUPEEEEEEEEER! best scene is Ernest Borgnine standing on top of a balloon (bubble gum) and acting like he's king shit of the world.
no fucking idea why there was never a sequel. they played the fuck out of that movie on HBO , somebody besides us had to be digging it.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
i imagine some cosmic moment where both of us are simultaneously watching Super Fuzz on HBO (1980-81?) for the 20th time and still enjoying the hell out of it. SUPER SUPEEEEEEEEER! best scene is Ernest Borgnine standing on top of a balloon (bubble gum) and acting like he's king shit of the world.
no fucking idea why there was never a sequel. they played the fuck out of that movie on HBO , somebody besides us had to be digging it.

haha yes, it was so fucking good. They played the FUCK out of that on HBO like you said, but then one day POOF it was forever gone. It's such a great movie. Best part for me was the running after the car lol.

But yeah, read the comments on the youtube video. Tons of people are like "Holy shit I watched this all the time as a kid on HBO!".

Why did we love that movie so much?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
haha yes, it was so fucking good. They played the FUCK out of that on HBO like you said, but then one day POOF it was forever gone. It's such a great movie. Best part for me was the running after the car lol.

But yeah, read the comments on the youtube video. Tons of people are like "Holy shit I watched this all the time as a kid on HBO!".

Why did we love that movie so much?
i dunno, i think it was the dude (Terence Hill) was just so fucking positive and happy , he was confident he could do fucking anything he wanted to. and he could. shit its late now but i need to hunt down an english version of that film.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
while we are doing HBO movies around that time. how about Dragonslayer. the most boringest dragon movie in history . more boringer than Reign Of Fire. there are only 2 scenes you watched. one is the dragon fight at the end
and the other is when you see that chick's bubbies in the lake. i think that was the first set of tits i ever seen.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh wait, you did link the english version. lol. i was geeking out so much i didnt even realize it.
haha just made myself watch it again for the first time in probably over 30 years. movie is still lots of fun. you can tell it was made for kids. silly stunts and nothing too serious. i can understand why HBO played it all day. they knew 11 yr old boys would eat that shit up. all this time i thought the black chicks were singing Super Super. and it was Super Snooper. the italian title of the movie. thanks for reminding me i used to love this movie. i had completely forgotten about it. surprised Seth Mcfarland never referenced it on Family Guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
while we are doing HBO movies around that time. how about Dragonslayer. the most boringest dragon movie in history . more boringer than Reign Of Fire. there are only 2 scenes you watched. one is the dragon fight at the end
and the other is when you see that chick's bubbies in the lake. i think that was the first set of tits i ever seen.

WHAT! I said this years ago, Dragonslayer is the best "dragon" movie ever made.

And the last wizard vs dragon fight the most dramatic dragon fight ever made.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw it dozens of times in the early 80s and i'll be damned if can remember anything else besides those tits and the few dragon scenes. I saw Swamp Thing about as many times during the same time period and i remember them milf tittays and a helluva fun movie.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dragonslayer has all the spear antics too; the guy going "Yeah I made one but nobody ever used it" and then drags it out, in a cage, from a river, then cuts a horseshoe with it. Even as a lad (born in 81) I knew that was some hardcore DnD blacksmith shit. Was weird to see the young wizard as the effeminate underling to Viggo the Carpathian in Ghostbusters 2 a few years later.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WHAT! I said this years ago, Dragonslayer is the best "dragon" movie ever made.

And the last wizard vs dragon fight the most dramatic dragon fight ever made.

You're telling me it's better than a movie with a Sean Connery dragon?

To be fair, Reign of Fire was awesome as well.

• 1WTF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
come to think of it. are there any really good dragon movies? dragonheart was good because sean connery, but it was meh otherwise.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
you can just watch the trailer and skip the movie.

That last battle where the moon goes into eclipse and the wizard calls lighting out of the clouds from the mountain top did not give you chills? You must be dead inside.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That last battle where the moon goes into eclipse and the wizard calls lighting out of the clouds from the mountain top did not give you chills? You must be dead inside.

yes that scene is awesome. very memorable. but uh, its at the end of the movie. its one of the few cool parts of the movie. but there has to be awesome shit in the rest of the film. Rey Harryhausen didnt just stick his stop motion artistry at the end of films. he had cool stuff happening in other parts. i'm just going by what 12 yr old chuk was entertained by. that movie was boring to 12yr old chuk, it was dark and dingy with lots of talking. now you compare that to say Excalibur which HBO had a PG version of and i watched the fuck out of that movie even though there was quite a bit of dialogue, but it had swords and shiny armor and fights throughout. I'm basically giving my Everquest origin story. i grew up on all these movies. another movie i saw which was kind of shitty, but it had a fucking three bladed sword that could shoot blades out was The Sword and The Sorcerer. that was a winner with young me.
0*tEATXeF05XZBBajs.jpg

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The young me always liked the wizard, cultists, etc types in these movies. So you talk about shinny armor and tri-swords, and I was all about the opening scene where they ressurrect Bull from Night Court with that witch.

• 1Like