B / low budget movies that should have a modern remake.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
One I could see a good remake of: The original Mad Max.

It was extreme low budget and has some very weak parts, its strength is in the car scenes. The film itself has a good story and world building. Plus it has great name recognition.

Now the 2nd Mad Max film ( Road warrior ) was a great film for its time, ( I consider it one of the best )

Considering how good a job they did of re-booting it for a modern age = Fury Road.

I think there is merit in going back and re-booting the original.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dude Remo was amazing starring Joe dirts dad.

Screamers was amazing.

My nominations. The house move series. More so the one where the guys zombie cowboy ancestor has a weird slug dog. That sounds liver gibberish but real heroes know what it means

I never saw this thread and just red the recent posts.....but the guy who said in 2018 that DICK TRACY was a B movie should die. Yes, a movie starring Beatty, Madonna, and Pacino at their peak is a total B movie.

Dipshit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
videodrome-FILM-FONT.jpg

fris

Vyemm Raider
Deathstalker is on Amazon Prime. Watching it has put a seeming never ending list of similar campy 80s movies in my recommendations.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
I would love to see an accurate portrayal of 1984 or Logan's Run.
but of course Hollywood would fuck them both up and make just another shitty action / adventure bullshit film.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Might be a little too soon, but I've been itching for some more money to be put into this one. It's original budget was $7000

• 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if Tremors qualifies, but I would enjoy seeing that redone in modern tech. I can watch any of the 18 graboid movies and be just as entertained as I was the first time, good times.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wouldn’t mind seeing a good version of Johnny Mnemonic.
Ftfy

Gibson's source material is amazing. This film was hot garbage. This was definitely not the John Wick acting caliber Keanu Reeves. And that chick who played Mollie had some pron level acting talent.

Szlia

What would be the point of remaking Primer ? It's not like it failed to achieve what it tried to do because of its budget. On the contrary, the film is great and original because it is designed to make the most of its non existent budget. A bit like The Blair Witch Project.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
How about some of the cartoon movies as live action remakes? Like:

1607225596115.png

and

1607225656258.png

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users