Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

xzi

Mouthbreather
BG3 was just announced at this livestream for games today to be coming (probably) in August (it depends because covid fucked things up)

and a new Gameplay livestream coming on June 18th

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how long they anticipate early access to last? They must be pretty confident in the polish of the early game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wonder how long they anticipate early access to last? They must be pretty confident in the polish of the early game.
Divinity EA lasted a long time iirc, and it was just the same fucking thing for a lot of it too, they're just releasing for feedback on UI/system/crashes and stuff like that. I assume the early game is pretty polished though since that's what they're gonna use for conventions and stuff(well once these start again). It'll still have bugs and shit, point of EA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I feel like it still looks too much like DIv2, also way too much specular lighting on everything, it looks like the world is drenched in oil, I really wish it was isometric but If the gameplay is good I will live with it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
ya I got that drenched in oil feel from DOS2, couldnt put my finger on how to describe it before but thats it

This is still top of my list for soon to be released

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The more they show of this game, the more I am starting to believe that it was originally being developed as DOS 3, but they pulled a Hail Mary and unexpectedly got the Baldur's Gate license when they were already a long ways into development.

I finished DOS 2 recently. I really liked it... But, the world of DOS is not the world of Baldur's Gate. Bright and shiny environments are not Baldur's Gate. Asian-inspired pretty-boy characters are not Baldur's Gate. Turn based combat is not Baldur's Gate. Environmental spell interactions are not Baldur's Gate. All of these things are Divinity Original Sin, not Baldur's Gate.

I am hoping for the best, but I think they are going to divide their playerbase and face some backlash.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
it was originally being developed as DOS 3
Either that, or they are reusing a lot of bits and pieces from their old games to bring the game faster up to speed. This may include animated models/textures/shaders and lighting, which is why the game looks more like DOS than Baldur's Gate.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The more they show of this game, the more I am starting to believe that it was originally being developed as DOS 3, but they pulled a Hail Mary and unexpectedly got the Baldur's Gate license when they were already a long ways into development.

I finished DOS 2 recently. I really liked it... But, the world of DOS is not the world of Baldur's Gate. Bright and shiny environments are not Baldur's Gate. Asian-inspired pretty-boy characters are not Baldur's Gate. Turn based combat is not Baldur's Gate. Environmental spell interactions are not Baldur's Gate. All of these things are Divinity Original Sin, not Baldur's Gate.

I am hoping for the best, but I think they are going to divide their playerbase and face some backlash.

You really need to just think of it as Forgotten Realms: Divinity: Original Sin.

If you want something closer to Baldur's Gate its going to be Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

I think both of these games are going to be absolutely great.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Tomorrow at 10am Larian will host an one hour live gameplay stream showcasing Baldur's Gate 3.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Pacific time. Also Larian did a 7 minute Q&A with CoHCarnage today asking generic questions about the game. Wish they would of done it with someone from Critical Role or another DnD dedicated streamer. But I can understand why they probably picked CoH.

And here's an unofficial list of the classes that will be available in early acces.

Fighter - Battle Master, Eldritch Knight
Wizard - Evocation, Abjuration
Rogue - Arcane Trickster, Thief
Ranger - Hunter, Beast Master
Cleric - Life, Light, Trickery
Warlock - Fiend, Great One

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Hour and a half gameplay footage with the latest pre-alpha build. I cannot wait for this game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Have they commented at all if there will be co op? I know DoS2 had it, so Im hoping this does too.

Burns

Hour and a half gameplay footage with the latest pre-alpha build. I cannot wait for this game.

YouTube replay of the livestream from IGN. A large goblin camp & a little bit of the Underdark showcased. I didn't see too much new, gameplay wise, other than no more past tense dialog.

Starts @ 20:27

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
YouTube replay of the livestream from IGN. All new locations showcased. I didn't see too much new, gameplay wise, other than no more past tense dialog.
They also changed initiative to be based on individual characters rather than team-based. The UI also looked new.

• 1Like