Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For anyone else annoyed with how much holding down Alt fails to show, there's mods for that now. Most suck ass though, and show way too much, like stuff that's invisible or not meant to be interacted with, making your screen look like Path of Exile without a loot filter when you press the button. There's two that actually do what they should: Highlight All and Let There Be Tooltips - BG3 Edition. I use the latter because the dude made the same mod for DOS2 and it worked perfectly. I did try the first one briefly and it seemed to work fine too. There's at least two others on Nexus which are junk.

Note that the Mod Fixer is not optional. If you use any mods without it, you'll have pauses when you open containers, you won't be able to talk to anyone, and some parts of the UI won't work at all. Get the version with the 'annoying message remover' rolled into it. Any mod usage disables achievements, so you'll need another mod to re-enable those if you actually care about Steam/GOG achievements for some bizarre reason.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
For anyone else annoyed with how much holding down Alt fails to show, there's mods for that now. Most suck ass though, and show way too much, like stuff that's invisible or not meant to be interacted with, making your screen look like Path of Exile without a loot filter when you press the button. There's two that actually do what they should: Highlight All and Let There Be Tooltips - BG3 Edition. I use the latter because the dude made the same mod for DOS2 and it worked perfectly. I did try the first one briefly and it seemed to work fine too. There's at least two others on Nexus which are junk.

Note that the Mod Fixer is not optional. If you use any mods without it, you'll have pauses when you open containers, you won't be able to talk to anyone, and some parts of the UI won't work at all. Get the version with the 'annoying message remover' rolled into it. Any mod usage disables achievements, so you'll need another mod to re-enable those if you actually care about Steam/GOG achievements for some bizarre reason.
Thanks, I'll have to check it out. It's annoying trying to figure out items to interact with sometimes.

I just got a mod tonight to fix the camera. When I was in the underdark yesterday evening, the camera became a royal pain in the ass. Couldn't pivot and easily target mobs on platforms, etc. This deal allows you to pivot your view upwards, which for the life of me I can't understand why it's so restrictive in the first place. Plus you can actually look around at the environment and helps with just taking in an area visually.

That, and one that made books weigh zero. That way I can just scoop them up and then read them at my leisure.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I really wish someone could make an actual party management UI. Having to run around talking to people to swap them in and out of the group is clunky as hell. I suspect it's the sort of thing only Larian could do though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really wish someone could make an actual party management UI. Having to run around talking to people to swap them in and out of the group is clunky as hell. I suspect it's the sort of thing only Larian could do though.
Yes, I fucking hate this shit. The rest of the game gets better the more I play but this is fucking awful.

I hired a bard to swap in for when my cleric ran out of spells for the day, only to realize the bard is just way fucking better than Shadowheart.

Jozu

Yea Ive noticed alt doesnt highlight certain items in certain situations.

Ive also noticed Im an idiot. For some reason the game makes it seem like you have to make a choice between the underdark or the mountain pass, if you side with Minthara anyway. So After I banged her she gave me a lute and said it would protect me on the mountain pass so I just kind of went to the pass. I was severely underleveled like you guys pointed out though, so I went back and rescued the artist dude and am now in the underdark almost lvl 5. I guess its cool the game lets you just fucking flail around and die if you dont know any better.

Playing an orc is awesome with +intimidation. I have solved 80% of encounters with it. The goblins treat you with more respect as well.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Went to rest and the NPC withers randomly showed up no explanation as to where be came from, he was just there, is that normal?

got a true soul tadpole but the item didn’t appear in my inventory, bugged?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Went to rest and the NPC withers randomly showed up no explanation as to where be came from, he was just there, is that normal?

got a true soul tadpole but the item didn’t appear in my inventory, bugged?

If you dont rescue you him from the first little dungeon with the bandits, he eventually just shows up in your camp.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Trying to do 1st run on normal difficulty and zero mods, but I've been tempted...................

When I do my inevitable replay it's godmode on w/ 7 followers for sure.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it would be great to just have one more party member. I know you can just go hit camp and swap out, but like Vorph Vorph said, it's hideous.

I think there's a mod out already that increases party size, but I'm hesitant to try it. No clue if it'll create any major bugs or something, especially with all the cut scenes.

Cybsled

Question about act 2 path

I think I've done most things now except the moontower and the shar gauntlet. I did the first part of the gauntlet, then left and did other things. Should I do moontower first or second? The gauntlet supposedly has the thing that makes the guy invulnerable, so maybe finish that first? Don't need to know what happens of course, just more of an answer for "do this first for best results" if that's possible

You can do them in whatever order. But for the Gauntlet of Shar, when you get all 4 umbral orbs and actually open up the final room, it gives you a popup that basically tells you that shit will change once you enter a specific area. That is the point of no return for some aspects of act 2. Make sure you've done whatever else you wanna do 1st before doing that.

To save you a bit of time, the find Zavriel and rescuing the asset for the female demon quests cannot be finished until you go past the point of no return in act 2. I spent like 2 hours trying to figure out how to finish those for fear of missing out and learned I wasted that time because it wasnt possible.

And one final tip: If you plan on fully romancing Shadowheart, make sure your rep with her is really high (should be easy to be max rank unless you went full evil playthrough) and you gave her the moon orchid you find in act 2 before going past the point of no return. There are other things that have to happen as well, but some major stuff will happen in that area specific to Shadowheart if you bring her with two possible major character arc outcomes

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
She does yea, by the end she's pretty baller in general
This is just one of the things this game does so well. A lot of complaints came out of Early Access about how all of your initial companions were dicks who hated you (Shadowheart, Astarion and Lae'zel). But their backstory, progression stories and character development really turn them around so that you wind up liking them more as the game goes. Even Astarion, who is incredibly gay, I love his reactions to different situations after you find out more about what he has been through. You get to see why he is so utterly broken and why he acts like he does, and it all makes sense. Yes the VA decided to play him as a metrosexual englishman, but still, he is a shitty vampire.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
You have problems if you romanced Jack. WTF man?
Anyone who romances Jack sits down to pee. Not because of any feminist BS, but because they enjoy pegging a bit too much.

• 1Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if it’s the nostalgia or what, but I’m really enjoying the co-op experience. I can’t imagine what this would be like playing with strangers, but playing with friends is a fucking blast.

Digital dice or not succeeding on a skill check that someone just failed is stirring up some serious shit talking in our group. 🤣
in-your-face-ha-ha-ha.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I find it hilarious that I've done nothing but tell Lae'zel to shut the hell up every time she tries to speak and she's still trying to bang my Pally.