Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
If you dont rescue you him from the first little dungeon with the bandits, he eventually just shows up in your camp.
Kind of annoying if he’s that important that the quest isn’t forced. Trying to play this blind outside or building the most broken build I can make… and perhaps a certain Ogre headband.

Speaking of, I thought the WoW Ogre was a reference to the EQ Ogre, but now we have the genius Ogre again, so does that very specific rendition of trope precede EQ?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone who romances Jack sits down to pee. Not because of any feminist BS, but because they enjoy pegging a bit too much.
Pegged? No. Smothered and suffocated by snu snu?

Nodding Yes GIF by Chance The Rapper

Goonsquad Officer
I find it hilarious that I've done nothing but tell Lae'zel to shut the hell up every time she tries to speak and she's still trying to bang my Pally.
She's a power bottom. You are doing nothing but exciting her alien poon

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
Kind of annoying if he’s that important that the quest isn’t forced. Trying to play this blind outside or building the most broken build I can make… and perhaps a certain Ogre headband.

Speaking of, I thought the WoW Ogre was a reference to the EQ Ogre, but now we have the genius Ogre again, so does that very specific rendition of trope precede EQ?
Ogre mages were in 2nd edition dnd. But they were in oriental adventures. They were in the main monster manual so yes. Eq is based on dnd. Wow is based on Warhammer eq and dnd

velk

Trakanon Raider
Barbarian + Tavern Brawler + really high ground is also hilarious, spears and javelins are more like cruise missiles and you automatically succeed the stealth assassination check because you are firing from outside line of sight.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know if twinning, surge, and quicken stack?
Depends on what you mean by stack. You can twin a spell and cast it as a normal action, then quicken a spell and cast it as a bonus action, then use action surge to cast another spell (which could be twinned if you somehow have enough sorc points) as a normal action. You cannot use more than one metamagic on a single spell, so no twinning the quickened one.

Don't forget about haste when you're thinking about how to burn down the entire forest with fireballs in a single turn. Somewhat related: even though twinning other spells that take concentration doesn't work in BG3, for some reason twinning haste *does*.

Jozu

I had to kill Lazael after she tried to kill Shadowheart. Thats the 2nd party member i had to kill already including Wyl.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I fucking hate this shit. The rest of the game gets better the more I play but this is fucking awful.

I hired a bard to swap in for when my cleric ran out of spells for the day, only to realize the bard is just way fucking better than Shadowheart.
Shadowheart's Trickster domain is absolutely the worst one.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So how do I make magic missile better? Hitting 4 or 5 times for 2 dmg each doesn’t seem to make it worth up leveling. Is there a non spoilery method for getting added spell damage that I’m missing or is it all just items I need to find that I haven’t or are coming later (I’m maybe midway into act 2 not entered moonrise yet)

Vorph

I hired a bard to swap in for when my cleric ran out of spells for the day, only to realize the bard is just way fucking better than Shadowheart.
Trying to delay long rests as long as possible is a mistake. Just use your best abilities/spells and rest up. You'll end up with thousands of supplies and if you don't sleep you don't progress companion story lines (and other less important but still interesting stuff).

Personally I don't think a cleric is necessary, especially for healing. If you want Shadowheart to be more useful, turn her into a Storm Sorc / Tempest Cleric / Div Wizard (8/2/2). Technically Shar worshippers shouldn't be able to pick Tempest, but at least it's not as silly as changing her to Life or Light.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Personally I don't think a cleric is necessary, especially for healing. If you want Shadowheart to be more useful, turn her into a Storm Sorc / Tempest Cleric / Div Wizard (8/2/2). Technically Shar worshippers shouldn't be able to pick Tempest, but at least it's not as silly as changing her to Life or Light.
I just made her a War Cleric. I originally started as a Cleric myself, but started over as a Bard when I decided to use the game npcs first instead of the hirelings.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
tempest is sick
I respecced her ass as light cleric and shes baller now. Either that or war works if you give her a bow and the 18 dex gloves from the dothraki cresh place. But I went light as support. Clerics are really fucking powerful in this game. Nearly unkilable with high AC and dishes out aoe dmg and with that lego mace once a rest she destroys shit with it. I also got her ass to turn away from shar so she is becoming a good character.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Trying to delay long rests as long as possible is a mistake. Just use your best abilities/spells and rest up. You'll end up with thousands of supplies and if you don't sleep you don't progress companion story lines (and other less important but still interesting stuff).

Yeah but I don't want to progress companion storylines because I fucking hate them.

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah but I don't want to progress companion storylines because I fucking hate them.
Shadowheart is integral to the story in mid-ending of act 2. THere is a whole area dedicated to her and her choices and one of those choices ends up changing the whole fucking game from that point on. Im sure all characters have this along the way. So if you dont play along with them, you end up skipping entire story lines and cool shit.

With Astarion the game is hinting at a confrontation with the master vampire that enslaved him in Baldurs Gate, once you reach that place, I mean why would you want to skip this? I hate his gay flamboyant ass, but im not skipping that, lol.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users